Poll: Would you allow Horde and Alliance to group and play together?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cover25 View Post
    Except for you know, snapping the backbone of the game in half.

And for lore reasons, MoP was ridden with HvA. The hatred is still VERY strong, I'm not sure what you're on about. Maybe there's a select few members of both factions that can act civil with each other, but MoP has shown that they both are very much at war, despite the brief armistice to dethrone garrosh.
    While MoP was initially build on the idea of pitting them at war (after years of them working together to take down bigger threats) with each other over the course of the xpac they yet AGAIN find themselves repeatedly working together for the greater good, they repeatedly find themselves in instances where guys like taran zhu are telling them that they're being dumb keds and they need to start working together and to let go of all this hatred. We're about to go into an xpac where this 3rd party is yet again going to threaten the whole of azeroth and both factions are looking to stop it from happening because its what's best for the planet.

There have been sooooo many opportunities to do this since wc3 (I didn't play the warcraft games before then) that have the alliance and horde banding together to face some threat. Hell individual races within factions are not at all the best of friends, there's hardly any reason up to this point to keep them separate aside for the sake of keeping them separate because that's how MMO's have always done things.

There is virtually no benefit to the game especially in its heavily instanced form to keeping these players segregated. I wish new MMO's that are obviously not going to have the volume of players that wow has would learn from that and stop following suit for the sake of it and cutting their already small player bases in half.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a basic system, no, I would not allow it at all.

It has already been proven that you can level together as Horde/Alliance, Cranius and Legs (Both been related to WoW via music). They levelled together, Horde and Alliance. Demands patience though.

But really, I don't mind Horde Alliance team up in rear situations, or just as we have now with World Bosses. But general, no.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cover25 View Post
    We've united several times, but that doesn't mean when the greater threat is over that we were still buddy buddy with each other.

Think of it like this:

The enemy of my enemy is my friend - when that enemy is gone you are no longer my friend.

Each faction is using each other as a tool to accomplish what they want.
    I think you COMPLETELY oversimplify this.

Let me make a horrible hypothetical for a moment.

I am a racist and I fucking hate black people. During my time in the national liberation army for the savior of my country, I am forced to fight alongside blacks, and at first it makes my skin crawl. But, over time I see that they are not that different from me. They spill the same blood, sweat and tears that I do, they fight as hard as I do, and we save our country from certain destruction and takeover.

Now we can go back home to our separate families and we BOTH are somehow going to forget all the blood, sweat and tears we spilled together?

NO! We are going to have a newfound respect for each other, and we are not going to want to fight anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not... The conflict has ended.
    My youtube Channel : Arberian021
    WoW isn't all about new concepts or themes, it's about classic archetypes that fit the Holy Trinity gameplay style of Warcraft.
    Demon Hunter Class Idea
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Exercise releases endorphins that make you feel good, iirc, don't quote me on it

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, the NUMBER ONE REASON why we have escalated the tensions between factions over the last 2 expansions is Garrosh, who is no longer causing problems. Throughout this expac, we have come together against Garrosh more than we have had other individual problems unrelated to Garrosh.

This is how WoW was originally shown before it was released. Would have loved to see the game following the Warcraft 3 storyline of the war being over and teaming up against big threats. PvP could still be done in BGs as wargames.

Can find some screenshots of orcs and humans together by googling WoW alpha screenshots.

a good orc is a dead orc
    Spec: i5 4670k - MSI Z87M-G43 - HyperX 8GB -Corsair H100 - GTX 980 ti

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mykro9 View Post
    I think you COMPLETELY oversimplify this.

Let me make a horrible hypothetical for a moment.

I am a racist and I fucking hate black people. During my time in the national liberation army for the savior of my country, I am forced to fight alongside blacks, and at first it makes my skin crawl. But, over time I see that they are not that different from me. They spill the same blood, sweat and tears that I do, they fight as hard as I do, and we save our country from certain destruction and takeover.

Now we can go back home to our separate families and we BOTH are somehow going to forget all the blood, sweat and tears we spilled together?

NO! We are going to have a newfound respect for each other, and we are not going to want to fight anymore.
    I totally agree. You have to be really stupid to keep fighting those that once saved your life besides your differences. Especially when the world is so huge that you can effectively live without seeing even once a guy from the other faction.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd much rather have the factions working together and find respect for each other than more of "Horde did something stupid to reignite the war!" and nobody can really win because game.

At this point they may as well. We've been teaming up to defeat the big bad of each expansion since Burning Crusade.

I would yes.

It would make sense for lore reasons as alliance and horde are constantly working together all the time anyway, the conflict between them is 100% forced and generated just to justify PVP existing (as if it needs justification). It opens up so many doors, so many possibilities. The game would be much better if they could be cooperative.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    what would be the point of one faction in world of warcraft? wow is already seen as "baby 1st mmo", dont make it carebear land...

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Sure, why not... The endless faction hostility makes no sense given the number the two factions have had to and managed to cooperate lore-wise. Imo, all PvP should be turned to Horde-Alliance joint practice, and the two factions should sign a truce. Maybe as a plot twist, for an expansion at least, or something. Would be boring if it stays like that forever though, same how it is boring right now with the two factions still fighting.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I would love to. Though i do fear what would happen in the first few months of implementation.
    "Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted" ~Einstein
    Wish more people would take that to heart.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by prudhvirazz View Post
    when subs fall to 3mn. Blizzard will introduce this option.
    when subs start to slide, then the Burning Legion will appear methinks

I voted "no", but the truth is that I'm torn.

The lore fan in me says "hell no!". The game has always been Horde vs. Alliance. To end that would be against the very spirit of Warcraft.

On the other hand, I absolutely understand that gameplay should trump lore, most of the time. Two real life friends should be allowed to play together, no matter which faction they chose.

At this point, my opinion is still that I wouldn't allow it. But I definitely see why there are pretty valid reasons to allow it.
    Yak. Yak never changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    No, the core thing I like about WoW is that there are factions.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd go a step further and end the faction hostility completely, except for PvP purposes in arenas and battlegrounds (which, really, could just be mixed). But I'd eradicate world PvP completely. It's not like most people give a shit about WPvP outside of situations where the odds favor them. Since their balls grew so much lately that they have no issues with making changes that will piss off big parts of their playerbase, risking sub losses ceases to be an argument against that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dekal View Post
    I would love to. Though i do fear what would happen in the first few months of implementation.
    Death of world PvP! Which, by the way, is something that already has a terminal form of cancer.

Deleted
    ofc not, death to the alliance