Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Why does Blizzard hate tailors?

Looks like in WoD once again we'll only be getting an epic bag that probably again takes two weeks to craft and a month to grind reputation for the pattern. That's the second expansion we're not getting a craftable uncommon quality bag. What the hell is Blizzard's problem? Bags are the main source of income for tailors, yet since Cataclysm they decided to gut us.

Leatherworkers have it worse, I believe, in terms of income + usefullness. I find this profession to be entirely useless past the first month or two of release...
    I've been wanting to drop it, so bad, but I don't have the heart to remove a bunch of collectable armor recipes from the Classic and BC era that aren't in the game any longer.

It's rather difficult to make a profit on just Armor Embroideries...

T_T

#FirstWorldProblems.

With Draenor, in the data table, I managed to see a BoE 30slot bag that can be made, along with several other BoE epic cloth armors.
    Simmons: There's no "I" in "team".
    Griff: There's no "U" in "team" either. so if "U" and "I" aren't in the team, who gives a f_ _ k about the team?
    "Gotta' trust some one to be betrayed. I never did." - Captain Price
    Bungie Has My Studio Of The Decade Vote. "Hours Played" is greater than "Money Made".

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkuri View Post
    Leatherworkers *snip* difficult to make a profit on just*snip*
    Oh, I'm sorry I can't hear you over the sound of Engineering having nothing profitable at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

You guys realize the armor crafting profs are going to be rolling it in WoD right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    dropping free extra cloth and a daily cooldown (cloth for bags/leg enchants), i can't see the issue

you guys realize that not all the patterns are in the game yet? they could very well add another bag for tailoring. take a chill pill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I think many people use the word "scale" the same way the smurfs use "smurf".

Tell me all about your pains as a tailor. I'll just say I'm an engineer. You have it easy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Oh, I'm sorry I can't hear you over the sound of Engineering having nothing profitable at all.
    Right, cause Mounts and Pets sell so bad....

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Looks like in WoD once again we'll only be getting an epic bag that probably again takes two weeks to craft and a month to grind reputation for the pattern. That's the second expansion we're not getting a craftable uncommon quality bag. What the hell is Blizzard's problem? Bags are the main source of income for tailors, yet since Cataclysm they decided to gut us.
    Technically you can craft the bag as often as you want provided you grind out the 20-some-odd harmonies needed to circumvent the CD for 12 peices of cloth.

Deleted
    They are adding a new flying carpet mount and a carpet pet for tailoring.

http://beta.wowdb.com/items/114833-m...-flying-carpet
    http://beta.wowdb.com/items/114832-creeping-carpet

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marcackermann86 View Post
    you guys realize that not all the patterns are in the game yet? they could very well add another bag for tailoring. take a chill pill.
    you mean like they did for mop? oh righht, they didnt....

@op: the guy below u is right lw do have way less inc....

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm an engineer/tailor. I quit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    I think they're pretty abysmal to sell, as every account is only gonna ever need one in total, and most people will prefer to farm their own mats and have a friend or one of their alts craft them. The profit margin is very low to actually losing money because of duped items flooding the AH.

you mean like they did for mop? oh righht, they didnt....
    just cause MoP didn't have one doesn't mean WoD won't. how about you wait til everything has been datamined 100% before complaining?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I think many people use the word "scale" the same way the smurfs use "smurf".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    exept like 4 mounts...

Quote Originally Posted by fail View Post
    They are adding a new flying carpet mount and a carpet pet for tailoring.
    Oh how nice, another carpet that looks exactly the same as the other three but with a different color, and requires you to have tailoring to actually use it. That will sell about as well as the engineer flying mount. Where is our quivalent to sandstone drake / sky golem?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    exept like 4 mounts...
    I want to see these profitable mounts that aren't selling near vendor price or making 25g profit for 30 day cd

OP you just proved you have no idea how good you have it referencing the sky golem. You will make money much quicker just selling the mats for it than trying to sell a golem for 10k.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    I can make pure profit in one week, doing roughly a half hour to an hour a day, what the gross, not net, return on a Sky Golem brings after a month of requisite crafting. Tailoring makes money as a gathering profession, sorta like how engineering pulled double duty as a gathering profession in BC and Wrath.

Tailoring got four crafted epics that you just simply learned (your RNG may vary, but they're higher ilvl than faction patterns or drops), making two CD materials crafted out of cloth drops you get more of than non-tailors, from doing just random daily stuff not associated with tailoring at all. (edit: oops, more than that, counting both dps and heal versions).

I don't have a JC but my tailor can make more than my engineering, enchanting, alchemy and inscription combined. It's just boring AoEing down insta-pop, low level mobs to such profits.
    Last edited by BurnetRhoades; 2014-07-04 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BurnetRhoades View Post
    I can make pure profit in one week, doing roughly a half hour to an hour a day, what the gross, not net, return on a Sky Golem brings after a month of requisite crafting. Tailoring makes money as a gathering profession, sorta like how engineering pulled double duty as a gathering profession in BC and Wrath.

Tailoring got four crafted epics that you just simply learned (your RNG may vary, but they're higher ilvl than faction patterns or drops), making two CD materials crafted out of cloth drops you get more of than non-tailors, from doing just random daily stuff not associated with tailoring at all.

I don't have a JC but my tailor can make more than my engineering, enchanting, alchemy and inscription combined. It's just boring AoEing down insta-pop, low level mobs to such profits.
    I second this actually. As for what I have read in WoD i'm not displeased with it it looks like I am going to be able to make good money selling things as usual as well as a decent amount off of bags and pets whenever I have enough for it. I also love Magic carpets and will love the new one even if it's just a recolored ground mount.

Quote Originally Posted by BurnetRhoades View Post
    I can make pure profit in one week, doing roughly a half hour to an hour a day, what the gross, not net, return on a Sky Golem brings after a month of requisite crafting.
    Well thank Blizzard for dumb daily cd shit they invented for robbing you out of money.

You should've sold your Sky Golem first two hours it became available. Sold first one for 230k (made by alt 1), next one for 203k (made by alt 2).
    That was the biggest profit I ever made from pure craft, and I'm playing since early BC. And I have 14 characters with all professions maxed.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though