500 and 1000 Scenario's Completed

Two new scenario achieves in WoD. These achievements seem to be locked to each toon rather than being shared account wide. This is the kind of thing that promotes bad game play in my eyes. You want us to play our alts and we want to play them! This kind of achieve just locks us down to one toon for a long time when we could be working towards an achievement while working to gear/learning to play an alt. Think about "Going to need a bigger bag" achieve, same thing that drove so many people nuts. I ask you to please think about this and make them account wide!

I started a thread in the WoW forums too: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13273527414

Beta is beta.
    Probably an oversight and will be changed to account wide in a later build.

Deleted
    The current achievement isn't account-wide, but then again 100 scenarios is easily done.

As long as they don't fix CMs counting as scenarios i'm fine with it!

Do any of the solo scenarios (i.e the ones of isle of thunder, and I hear draenor questing has some) count towards the total? I haven't really paid attention to the total while doing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Belpha View Post
    Do any of the solo scenarios (i.e the ones of isle of thunder, and I hear draenor questing has some) count towards the total? I haven't really paid attention to the total while doing them.
    Probably not. Or that would be my gut feeling.

I agree on the account wide part. 100 isn't that hard, I ground that out on one toon. But doing 500 on a single toon? I mean I don't even run scenarios anymore since the reward to time isn't worth it. Especially when you get A Little Patience and it bugs out. Or even if it doesn't bug out it still takes forever.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    The solo scenario with Key of the palace on Isle of Thunder does indeed count towards the scenario achieve!

Quote Originally Posted by Unholysin View Post
    Two new scenario achieves in WoD. These achievements seem to be locked to each toon rather than being shared account wide. This is the kind of thing that promotes bad game play in my eyes. You want us to play our alts and we want to play them! This kind of achieve just locks us down to one toon for a long time when we could be working towards an achievement while working to gear/learning to play an alt. Think about "Going to need a bigger bag" achieve, same thing that drove so many people nuts. I ask you to please think about this and make them account wide!

I started a thread in the WoW forums too: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13273527414
    Hard to know what their intent is with achieves really. It all seems totally random. All the Battleground achieves are character specific.. You need to get all your 100 bg wins on 1 character for the achieve. Then you go to pet battes and the win achieves are all account wide.

Don't get me started on Bigger bag... I spent so many hours doing that achieve on my alt mage. By the time I finished I had about 500k timeless coins. About 1 month after I finished they made it account wide. Some of those timeless coins spread around all my characters would make it a lot easier to get valor capped each week (why can't those valor tokens be BoA?).

- - - Updated - - -

The treasure room definitely counts so i'd imagine the solo 1's in Draenor will too. Not sure if those solo 1s will really be any quicker than 3 player pug groups though... They have instant ques after all.

Do you guys know if number of scenarios completed is stored in statistics somewhere? Or when they add this achievement will we be at 100/1000? I'm sure most of us that used scenarios to vp cap in MoP will have around 500. 1000 is excessive and frankly I'm sick of them adding achievements like 5000 pvp pet battles won - as if they are testing our sanity or something sometimes. I can see the arguement that those are meant to be completed over the course of normal play, perhaps an expansion or two, but after things like Bigger Bag it seems like they are just being dicks to completionists.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolsonthedruid View Post
    Do you guys know if number of scenarios completed is stored in statistics somewhere? Or when they add this achievement will we be at 100/1000? I'm sure most of us that used scenarios to vp cap in MoP will have around 500. 1000 is excessive and frankly I'm sick of them adding achievements like 5000 pvp pet battles won - as if they are testing our sanity or something sometimes. I can see the arguement that those are meant to be completed over the course of normal play, perhaps an expansion or two, but after things like Bigger Bag it seems like they are just being dicks to completionists.
    Couldn't agree more. Bigger Bag was horrible and it took me 682 Jakur kills to get the last item. All I was doing was watching tv and making sure I didn't log out while waiting for him to respawn. Not even considered game play and almost unsubbed lol. Here's my silver dragon stats. http://i.imgur.com/S66wKLl.jpg

I'm about to hit the 1k pvp pet battles and then I'm done. They are horrible as well and I just plan on getting the 5k achieve over the next 8 years while doing my 10 wins a week for the pet food lol.

When I got on beta and checked this achievement I was sitting at 248/500. I added an alt and checked on that toon and it still hadn't completed the 100 scenario achieve. I have been active since MoP launch and capped VP every week. A huge majority of that VP has come from doing scenarios every week. I have got every scenario achievement done as well. MoP launched Sept 25th 2012, so its been 1yr and 9 months. So if I end up doing the same amount of scenarios over WoD to get all the new scenario achieves and cap VP for another 1yr and 9 months I'd only be around 500 scenarios completed. Not making 500/1000 acct wide will be terrible.

There is no way to check how many you have done unless you have beta and copy a toon over. At least I don't know of any other way to check after you get the current 100 achieve.
    Last edited by Unholysin; 2014-07-07 at 05:28 AM.

can't find any stats about scenarios completed on current build. And if i remember well, pvp pet battle doesn't count before the achievement exist (it was 5.1 or 5.2 ?) so my best advice is to wait and i will post about this when a stat will appear because i don't know how i will do 900 scenarii on a expansion only for their valor value.

oh and cannot go to the isle of thunder right now, instance not found for it, same message for darkmoon faire