Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    But what he said about faces it another story, they've already told us the orc model is finished, and the orc face has no variation to it outside of the same face but with a few lines (and to any moron who says thats how the old face worked, this is meant to be a new updated system, so using the old method of painted faces on a flat surface isn't going to work the same as painted lines on a structured surface)
    Do you mind telling us where you heard they were finished? It is early beta and the majority of zones haven't been released, and they tell you whenever you log in "Everything is subject to change" they said Jade Forest was done and then they did a huge revamp of it a month later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odobisean View Post
    Do you mind telling us where you heard they were finished? It is early beta and the majority of zones haven't been released, and they tell you whenever you log in "Everything is subject to change" they said Jade Forest was done and then they did a huge revamp of it a month later.
    your kidding yourself if you think their 'subject to change' will mean them actually making the character models look unique, they've been cutting every corner they can with this expansion.
    #boycottchina

Wish they put these valor buffs out on Tuesdays when I normally cap.

They are greatly over exaggerating the time it takes to create new facial expressions. Once you have the bones in place for the first face, adjusting from there is trivial. It is very easy to line up the old faces and then adjust the bones in the new face to mimic that face.

I really think WOW staff has just become too bloated. It appears to me the problem isn´t with the amount of time it takes the artists to do something, but in the time it takes 10 layers of managers to approve everything and probably each with the ability to kick stuff back to the artist. It is what happens when organizations get too successful, they just get bloated with middle- manager who mainly do nothing but try to justify their jobs.

The process should be

Artist > Art director > added to game

These guys talk about committees and meetings.. it just means a lot of payroll going to people who aren´t contributing to the game and who probably all are making the jobs of the artists suck really bad.

of COURSE the valour buff would return the moment my sub ran out. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    They are greatly over exaggerating the time it takes to create new facial expressions. Once you have the bones in place for the first face, adjusting from there is trivial. It is very easy to line up the old faces and then adjust the bones in the new face to mimic that face.
    And then do that for every.single.face. to every race, each variation, and make sure each face doesn't some how manage to break their emotes. Funny how you just so happened to forget that much of it.

Unless you have a collage degree in 3D modeling, I'm going to assume you don't understand the full extent of what all the whiny people are asking for. It stuns me that all these people screaming same face can't get their heads wrapped around the fact that if they waste time making THEM happy the rest of us are going to have to wait even LONGER for WoD. Delaying an expansion even an extra month because some crybaby wants "Same face fixed" is a bunch of nonsense and a waste of time/money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    your kidding yourself if you think their 'subject to change' will mean them actually making the character models look unique, they've been cutting every corner they can with this expansion.
    YOU'RE kidding yourself if you think anyone cares about your negative drivel and constant bitching at Blizzard. They will be finished, and they will allow for customization. If they didn't allow for face customization they would just be shooting themselves and the foot and ACTIVELY trying to losing subs.

I think you're just plain lying to yourself if you're deliberately choosing to be negative towards Blizzard no matter what they say. The devs working on the character models have said countless flipping times that same face syndrome is something they really want to address, and that they are working towards that. They've acknowledged the problem for fucks sake, they've said they plan to fix it - what else do you want from them? I think folks like you just want to be negative no matter the circumstance. Flipping whiny little pancakes you lot are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ColbaneX View Post
    YOU'RE kidding yourself if you think anyone cares about your negative drivel and constant bitching at Blizzard. They will be finished, and they will allow for customization. If they didn't allow for face customization they would just be shooting themselves and the foot and ACTIVELY trying to losing subs.
    Well you cared enough to post.

No release date has been announced. If they had to, they'd push it back to next year like they did with Burning Crusade. The character faces will be finished by the time the expansion releases because Blizz isn't going to release the expansion until it is finished.

If every quest mob is taking you down to 10% HP, you can spend those 20sec figuring out how to perform better. (Celestalon)
    And we used to think GC was arrogant?

Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    Well you cared enough to post.
    Thorn in my side, felt the need to remove it.

Sadly, rend has returned as a separate ability.
    With rage cost and global cooldown.

Congratulations to the ones asking for this, i'm pretty sure you wanted this step back.

Deleted
    Could anyone tell me the name of the addon that shows "applied by" in the tooltip of the buff?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by bungab View Post
    Could anyone tell me the name of the addon that shows "applied by" in the tooltip of the buff?

Thank you.
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/icwutudidthere

Quote Originally Posted by BuryTomorrow View Post
    Sadly, rend has returned as a separate ability.
    With rage cost and global cooldown.

Congratulations to the ones asking for this, i'm pretty sure you wanted this step back.
    Crap, I just hope they prune enough abilities so that it won't feel clunky, as a left-hander i'm all out of keybinds for my prot warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Army Dreamer View Post
    And we used to think GC was arrogant?
    Arrogant? She's a bad player who inadvertently outed herself on twitter as such, then picked a fight with someone with far greater observational knowledge about how people fare in situations like the one she was complaining about. Celestalon was absolutely correct in what he said - daily quest mobs can either be tuned as a modest challenge for lower geared, lower skill toons/players (like in 5.0 GL dailies), or they can be faceroll AOEstomp for everyone.

But someone who has to drink for 20s after every fight in that situation has skill issues, even in new-90 greens and blues. She probably wasn't using half of her toolbox, or keeping any sort of situational awareness or smart movement, or something. Would you have preferred that Celestalon just tell her she was right and validated the idea that many/most mages have to eat after every fight? Because that'd be lying.

It's not about what he/she said. It's about the reply. L2P is not the kind of reply you expect from the official representatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Army Dreamer View Post
    It's not about what he/she said. It's about the reply. L2P is not the kind of reply you expect from the official representatives.
    L2P was the correct response to that particular tale of woe. He put it politely enough. At some point, he has to engage even with the bad players on some level. What would you have preferred C say in response to that tweet?

Deleted
    Wish that valor buff was left until 6.0.