Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Blizzard should return storm weather aswell.

I remember when i started playing that there was storm weather, like fog everywhere and heavy rain, and since cataclysm (i think) it has been removed, and the rain is still fine i guess, but the storm was just so intense that it felt great!

Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Newgate View Post
    I remember when i started playing that there was storm weather, like fog everywhere and heavy rain, and since cataclysm (i think) it has been removed, and the rain is still fine i guess, but the storm was just so intense that it felt great!

[IMG]https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3505/3929956716_608316b881_z.jpg[IMG]
    that would be awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    Also real night time would be great too, the days of midnight sun is depressing. It would be nice to see a town/city/village light up at night due to torches and things, you should still be able to see things, so not total darkness but just more darkness so that it LOOKS like night rather than what we have now, which is pants imo.

||My Work || Sig by the awesome Soko! ||

10+ Year Old Account
    yes i remember the Storm weather, Heavy Rain in places, Sandstorms in tanaris, different weather in different locations, i think with the revamp of Cata they didnt add them back in i guess, there is some light weather in places but not like it was before
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    yes i remember the Storm weather, Heavy Rain in places, Sandstorms in tanaris, different weather in different locations, i think with the revamp of Cata they didnt add them back in i guess, there is some light weather in places but not like it was before
    There are still sandstorms in Tanaris though.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah this is one of the reasons I don't like how things are going in wow anymore... they remove stuff they shouldn't, add stuff that don't matter and generally do things I don't really agree with...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mitbrandir View Post
    There are still sandstorms in Tanaris though.
    oh? i guess i just don't wander through there at the right times i guess
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Blizzards are still in the game but very rare (but you need them to find a special pet), same to sand storms.
    They should add savage weather to savage Draenor.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

I would love to have weather effects in this game. Every now and then, it MIGHT rain. Sometimes it will rain in Elwynn Forest, but you step through the gates of Stormwind and it is bright and clear, which is just stupid. At least when it rains in Mulgore, Thunderbluff also gets rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    yeah this is one of the reasons I don't like how things are going in wow anymore... they remove stuff they shouldn't, add stuff that don't matter and generally do things I don't really agree with...
    Well, it's been that way since late WOTLK but yeah, I don't think I could've put it better myself. WoD looks promising though, as they're fleshing out this "new stuff" that made it into the game that had potential but didn't ship with much substance.

Fully support OP, weather effects are paramount to immersion. WoW's beauty was in the artistic & gameplay details, all these little things that were trimmed and trimmed and trimmed until there wasn't anything left but a social action-adventure game featuring light RPG elements. Even the soundtrack has lost much of its inspiration (orchestral + expensive does not = good soundtrack).
    Last edited by Hotmail; 2014-07-06 at 01:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are heavy rain in Strranglethorn Vale still
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    They removing the realism for like gameplay, that is what bothers me most.
    They want everyone to have a clear way to play the game, while removing things i loved what WoW did.
    And now it's biting them back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Yes yes and YES. Bring back real night, real weather.

I'll give you this pic, from early wotlk, where there still was weather effects:

10+ Year Old Account
    These weather effects are still in. I was in Azshara less than a year ago (around the time of Throne's release) and it was raining heavily like in those screens, with the blue-grey fog and such. But the weather seems very rare, it was the first time I had seen it in a year or two.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ammeg View Post
    Also real night time would be great too, the days of midnight sun is depressing. It would be nice to see a town/city/village light up at night due to torches and things, you should still be able to see things, so not total darkness but just more darkness so that it LOOKS like night rather than what we have now, which is pants imo.
    They actually said they were working on this, which is very exciting!

https://twitter.com/mumper/status/484028160787238913

And also here's the thread for it:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Nights-in-6-0
    Lock rocks, made to order.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be nice but we all know it's not gonna happen.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Wheather effects can impair visibility during play, and with hugely varying results depending on the hardware/graphics settings.
    Because it suits you does not mean it shouldn't have been removed.

If optional, or at least has an option to minimise interference with gameplay then it could work.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaneesh View Post
    Well, it's been that way since late WOTLK but yeah, I don't think I could've put it better myself. WoD looks promising though, as they're fleshing out this "new stuff" that made it into the game that had potential but didn't ship with much substance.

Fully support OP, weather effects are paramount to immersion. WoW's beauty was in the artistic & gameplay details, all these little things that were trimmed and trimmed and trimmed until there wasn't anything left but a social action-adventure game featuring light RPG elements. Even the soundtrack has lost much of its inspiration (orchestral + expensive does not = good soundtrack).
    No, they aren't paramount to immersion.
    Immersion is a personal experience that different people will find caused by different things.
    No one feature will simply make or break immersion, but will grant a more enjoyable experience for some, and will make it worse for others.
    Flying is a perfect example of that.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2014-07-06 at 03:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Yes please; major thumbs up to anything regarding the weather or day/night shifts in WoW! Dark night times and amazing weather effects please! I'd take that over ALL of the character model upgrades any day of the week. That's not to say I don't care about the models or that they're not good - I just care about this WAYYYYHAYYHAYYY more.

10+ Year Old Account
    i actually wouldnt mind this since you can switch weather effects off if you dont fancy them