Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Your right, it's not a meta breaking card, playing a 4/7 alone won't win you a game. It's just good enough to go in just about any control deck though as a ridiculous turn 5 play. The 4/7 just seems a lil too strong, that doesn't mean I'm saying it's the best thing ever in Hearthstone just that it's almost a no brainer if your playing mid range or control.
    I don't see anything wrong with solid cards that are played in certain deck types. I like cards which flirt with overpowered-ness without quite crossing that threshold. It's exciting. Also playing Stalagg as a counter is actually very good providing you kill Feugen before or on the turn you play Stalagg. Your opponent has gotten a 4/7, but you've gotten a 7/4 plus whatever crazy amount of stats Thaddius is.

I honestly think the stats are fine. At the end of the day they are going to be a vanilla minion four out of five times. Upon seeing one you can stop the combo right away with 'change' removal like hex, sheep, overspark, or anything of that sort. If it's the second you just simply silence it or hex/sheep/tinkmaster it. These better have good stats on their own right or they would be unplayable. They're legendary so you won't have to deal with more than one.
    Is this where the header goes?

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with solid cards that are played in certain deck types. I like cards which flirt with overpowered-ness without quite crossing that threshold. It's exciting. Also playing Stalagg as a counter is actually very good providing you kill Feugen before or on the turn you play Stalagg. Your opponent has gotten a 4/7, but you've gotten a 7/4 plus whatever crazy amount of stats Thaddius is.
    I get what your saying, OPishness (new word) is fun....till it's in every deck. Nat Pagle springs to mind, 4/3 Argent Commander springs to mind....that sort of thing. Cards get boring when they are in every deck, obviously the 4/7 isn't at that sort of level but it gets boring when you start seeing it in every control/mid range deck regardless of class.

I still wouldn't ever run that 7/4 though unless Thaddius was actually a thing, the stat allocation is just so poor without securing yourself the Thad.

Quote Originally Posted by Magellanmini View Post

So I'm sure everyone has seen this supposed leak of one of the Hearthstone legendaries and it got me thinking 2 things if these cards are true.

A) Is it possible to utilize Baron Rivendare to activate their deathrattles twice?
    B) Like in WoW, if both Stalagg and Feugen die simultaneously, does that mean their deathrattles occur twice and could Baron Rivendare amplify that again to give us 4 Thaddiuses / Thaddii'?

What does everyone else think about this and how will Thaddius turn out?
    Kill one, hex/poly/mc the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    You realise that's an insta lose play right? I play the 4/7, you then spend your next turn playing the 7/4 to counter me thinking that's a good play. I then remove your 7/4 and get the Thaddius spawn when you eventually deal with my 4/7. The 7/4 is an awful play on turn 6, it dies to everything and you can't deal with the 4/7 because you don't have enough mana because you spent 5 playing the shitty 7/4.
    No, because I deal with your 4/7, then I play my 7/4 and force you to spawn a Thaddius on my side.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    in pretty sure if both die at the same time, you wont get any thaddiuses, just like hyena doesnt get buffed if you get flamestriked with 6 hounds or sylvanas wont steal baine when she kills cairne and dies in the process
    Sylvanas will steal Baine if she suicide bombs Cairne, as long as she was summoned before Cairne. I've done it personally. If it's not happening, then it's a bug and you should report it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neos300 View Post
    Sylvanas will steal Baine if she suicide bombs Cairne, as long as she was summoned before Cairne. I've done it personally. If it's not happening, then it's a bug and you should report it.
    You mean she was summoned after Cairne? Deathrattles trigger in the order they were played, so if she was played first, she wouldn't have the option of choosing Baine, but if Cairne was first, he'd spawn Baine that can then be stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    And people can run the 7/4 to counter the 4/7, rendering it completely useless.. (Through forcing your opponent to spawn a Thaddius on your side, or waste a silence)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    No, because I deal with your 4/7, then I play my 7/4 and force you to spawn a Thaddius on my side.
    Think I got a bit lost on the first quote, thought you meant playing the 7/4 immediately after because they trade with each other. In the cold light of day I can see you didn't mean that at all so my apologies.

It's worth noting though that the other guy can also play the 7/4 after all these shenanigans and also get himself a Thaddius unless they set it up so that only 1 Thaddius can be summoned per game.

This new meta looks like a pain the ass lol, I really cba with "Who gets the Thad" already.

Deleted
    4/7 for 5 that is not bad at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think I got a bit lost on the first quote, thought you meant playing the 7/4 immediately after because they trade with each other. In the cold light of day I can see you didn't mean that at all so my apologies.

It's worth noting though that the other guy can also play the 7/4 after all these shenanigans and also get himself a Thaddius unless they set it up so that only 1 Thaddius can be summoned per game.

This new meta looks like a pain the ass lol, I really cba with "Who gets the Thad" already.
    It is a little confusing, my apologies for that, could've explained it better at first.

But yeah, playing the "Who gets Thaddius first" will get annoying, assuming they get played.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if... Fuegen attacks and kills an enemy Stalagg? Do both players get Thaddius?

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    What if... Fuegen attacks and kills an enemy Stalagg? Do both players get Thaddius?
    Doubt it. The game has ways of determining what happens first as far as these things go. It gets complicated but I believe it involves who was summoned first.

If they did both die simultaneously I would assume no one gets a Thaddius though.
    Is this where the header goes?

15+ Year Old Account
    Now for the real question:

I've pronounced the name for years as "Fway-gen" but now that I've been looking at it every day for a while that doesn't seem right. "Fer-gen"? "Fyoo-gen"? "Fyoo-jin"?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Even if they die at the same time, deathrattles 'pause' the game and happen in order, just like Sylvanas vs Sylvanas plays. This is what I would expect:

Feugen dies.
    Deathrattle - Stalagg hasn't triggered his yet.
    Second deathrattle because of Rivendare - Same thing.
    Stalagg dies.
    Deathrattle - Summons Thaddius.
    Second deathrattle - Summons a second Thaddius.

That said, minions without deathrattle die before any are triggered, which means that Rivendare could die to the same thing that kills Feugen and not summon the second Thaddius.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Now for the real question:

I've pronounced the name for years as "Fway-gen" but now that I've been looking at it every day for a while that doesn't seem right. "Fer-gen"? "Fyoo-gen"? "Fyoo-jin"?
    Fyoo-gen I believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Fyoo-gen I believe.
    I'm pronouncing it somewhat like Foy-gen, and it's how I've always heard it pronounced.

Foy pronounced as in Malfoy from Harry Potter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Inb4 "AAAH EXODIA! IT'S NOT POSSIBLE!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    Inb4 "AAAH EXODIA! IT'S NOT POSSIBLE!"
    Obliterate!

OT: It'll be interesting to see the potential combos, people have already started speculating with the new possibilities:
    - Sylvannas killing one while dying in the process
    - Faceless Manip
    - Mage Secret: Duplicate
    - Shaman Reincarnation
    - Rivendare
    - Kel'Thuzad

One other question I've been wondering is that if you lose one of them because you have 10 cards in your hand, will that still count as them being dead this game for the other minion?