Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Do you guys go straight to outlands at 58, or at 60?

Im not sure if revamped blasted lands / otehr area >>> hellfire for xp
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

Definitely 58.... You get something like 10k XP a quest, whereas in Winterspring or blasted lands you might get 7k if you're lucky. So yeah, big difference. Also the gear is a million times better from outlands.

Intel Core i5 4690K 3.50Ghz, OC'd to 4.0Ghz | 8GB Corsair DDR3-1066 RAM | Gigabyte Z97-HD3
    NVIDIA GeForce 680GTX 2048MB VRAM | Corsair 750TX 750W PSU | Phantecks Dual fan PH-TC14PE

Outlands, always, before they changed the plaguelands I would quest there until 60 because I enjoyed it so much

Anytime I level I go at 58, just makes things go by a lot faster. Plus Outlands is fun to level in!

Quote Originally Posted by calinass View Post
    Im not sure if revamped blasted lands / otehr area >>> hellfire for xp
    While lvl 55 zones are better now, Outland will simply crush anything xp wise. 58-60 is lightning fast.

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Level 58. As others have already replied, the experience awarded from Hellfire quests is definitely still better than quests from Blasted Lands, etc.
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

Thanks then, guys!

Do you guys know if dungeon xp was nerfed too? Maybe its foggy memory but when leveling in cata/earlier MoP it seemed higher...
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

depends on how many gankers are in hellfire. If its pretty busy ill do ramparts from 58-60 and head over to zangarmarsh @ 60 or ill suffer through a couple dungeons and a few quests in hellfire and head to zangarmarsh at 60. either way i head to zangarmarsh at 60 it seems :P.

I actually like questing in hellfire so 58. plus the cataclysm quest lines suck so I can't wait to get off azeroth

I try to go at 60, I absolutely loath TBC questing. why I do nothing but grind dungeons through it.

I got at 60.. Because zones like Badlands give 14k exp a quest, Outlands starts out at like 10k... So yeh o.o

Deleted
    If im on a healy/tanky char I just queue for ramparts. 2-3 runs for 58-60

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by calinass View Post
    Thanks then, guys!

Do you guys know if dungeon xp was nerfed too? Maybe its foggy memory but when leveling in cata/earlier MoP it seemed higher...
    No dungeon XP was nerfed that I'm aware of. Just all of the quests were moved into the dungeons themselves.

Sometimes I level so fast I miss out on gear, so it depends if I can kill things quick or not

I sucked at a rogue and had no gear, so I waited until 60 and still has trouble.
    But usually I'll be in some zone that I really love and wait until 58-59. Sometimes I'll go "just a feeeeeeeeew more quests..."

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    No dungeon XP was nerfed that I'm aware of. Just all of the quests were moved into the dungeons themselves.
    It has been, back in 2010. Only for 1-60 ones, though. They were much, much faster than questing. Coupled with quests in the dungeon, you could sometimes gain three levels just from one instance.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1127159591
    Last edited by Creotor; 2014-06-29 at 06:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creotor View Post
    It has been, back in 2010. Only for 1-60 ones, though. They were much, much faster than questing.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1127159591
    Oh that was so long ago...meh. The XP required for the levels has gone down, too, so the nerf is practically negligible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Usually 60, just because leveling is so fast that I never even get to finish Winterspring by 58 (starting there at 50) and I do love to stop and complete the few quests that remain in Silithus every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Oh that was so long ago...meh. The XP required for the levels has gone down, too, so the nerf is practically negligible.
    Shit

Was this during the time where people would say doing a dungeon is a must, because they had so much xp for the quests? I quit shortly before this forum post you posted was made.

I remember rushing my druid and 1-60 literally flew by within probably two days or so.

Whats the deal with dungeon quests now? Is it still the same rule: do each dungeon once for the quests and then dont do them again?
    It's called balancing.
    Just sayn'

Always try to do as little as possible in Outland...never liked questing there. Northrend on the other hand is much more fun.