Klaxxi heroic frost mage opening

Hi all

Was wondering how to improve the opening burst on this fight and when you guys switch over to skeer.

Also when you pop AT and send your orb off.

Many thanks

It only matters that rikal has lower hp than skeer when the bloods come out. So switching all depend on how hard your raids dps is, most guilds use the ball park 90% HP as a good time to switch

You should be doing the standard opener anyways.
    Launch your orb at the start so you get procs off all 3 mobs
    Use your AT when your trinkets are up.

Honestly with 1 stun on each of the closest pair of bloods Skeer should be more than dead by then.

The only problem we had with that part of the fight is people were more concerned about the parasites hitting them, and trying to run away or cc them, it boosted our dps from having skeer at 15% to dead by just ignoring them, and leaving the healers to heal us through it. Then CC'ing the parasites before turning to Rikal

Keep in mind through it's better to run back after each wipe or take 20-30seconds or so that everyone's long ICD trinkets are up, it's a pain but it will help move you along.

I put this fight down to more, how much can your healers heal you through than Siegecrafter's raid wide dance

p.s. Catalyst + Fiery Edge sucks balls

thanks for heads up

Deleted
    Dont waste your trinket procs on rikkal

Just start you "standard" opener on Skeer once he gets in range.

Quote Originally Posted by jimme View Post

So if everyone did this, how do you bait to Rikkal? Hopes and dreams?

Don't be a scumbag.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just start on rikkal as normal expect I don't pop any cds, after a few frost bolts skeer is usually ready then I switch and start my proper rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Legendury View Post

Don't be a scumbag.
    the tanks and healers attack rikkal.
    you want everyone in your raid to do this. it's a common strategy, and a good one.

Deleted
    Xomniuri is right, the only goal here is to get Rikal to lower health than Skeer when bloods pop up, no matter how you do it. You can split your dps between the two, or tell them all to dps Rikal until ~90% then switch on Skeer etc...

As a frost mage, I'd go with the regular opener (and switching target during the burst), you have less chance to waste your trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylael View Post
    Xomniuri is right, the only goal here is to get Rikal to lower health than Skeer when bloods pop up, no matter how you do it. You can split your dps between the two, or tell them all to dps Rikal until ~90% then switch on Skeer etc...

As a frost mage, I'd go with the regular opener (and switching target during the burst), you have less chance to waste your trinkets.
    there is no "right", your strategy is what you explain. another strategy is to not dps til the bloods come out so you dont waste your trinkets. and I mean all the dps doesnt attack, it's more of a 10 man strat than 25.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendury View Post

Don't be a scumbag.
    You young man need to adjust your attitude.

Of course I'm killing Paragon's heroic using hopes and dreams. Every dps in my raid just hopes that everything just magically works out.

Obviously this is planned. We are running with two or three disc priests and a couple of tanks who will attack rikkal. We also have a couple of melee that doesn't suffer too much from target switching doing some basic non-CD attacks to Rikkal.

By the time my first cast reaches Skeer, blood letting is only like 1 second away so there is no danger at all.

Quote Originally Posted by jimme View Post
    You might want elaborate on your posts in the future Jimme, and also not everyone raids 25 man, so make sure you mention that when you give specifics to how your raid does the fight

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xomniuri View Post
    You might want elaborate on your posts in the future Jimme, and also not everyone raids 25 man, so make sure you mention that when you give specifics to how your raid does the fight
    You might be right.

In this case I don't see how it matters if you play 10 or 25 man tbh.
    The point is, don't blow your load on Rikkal. Let tanks/healers damage Rikkal, and dont start attacking Skeer until bloodletting has gone out. You can pre-cast of course.
    There will still be plenty of time to get skeer down before the next round of bloods.