Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I had the same issue (still do) and even showed them my achievement for the dang thing. They wont help you out at all unless you vendored it recently then you can use their in game restore. Other wise yeah you wont see it again unless you faction change get the hilt for that side, then change back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    It's in line with their policy and they do not typically do restores if it has been over a certain amount of time, but I agree it really sucks since you can't redo the quest.
    You know I don't get why this is a policy. I mean, it's not hard for them to verify you did the quest. For something as small as a green item from a level 40 quest, perhaps. But this is a very rare item that not a lot of people managed to achieve. They could easily generate it for the cases that come up.

you cant transmog that sword anyways...

Do not spam the queue every week just because you do not like the answer you received. Just because a few people on here gave you false hope does not mean Blizzard is going to bend their knee to your demands.

GMs cannot restore items after around 12mo time frame, proof of the item is lost.
    That quest allowed you multiple choices of items, they have no way of knowing which you originally chose, so they simply will not refund any of them without knowing.
    GMs are not allowed to reset nor change the status of quests any longer. There is no work around to this without getting a higher level involved (and that only occurs with high level bugs / breaking as most quests auto-fix themselves over time).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    You know I don't get why this is a policy. I mean, it's not hard for them to verify you did the quest. For something as small as a green item from a level 40 quest, perhaps. But this is a very rare item that not a lot of people managed to achieve. They could easily generate it for the cases that come up.
    I vendored mine, I came to eventually dislike the model and I was spiteful that there wasn't a tanking version.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    they can and they do actually. I had my tier 2.5 pants restored after a couple of months and unlike Quel'Delar they are totally farmable (they were gone from deleted item logs but I had another pants already transmogged into those as 'proof' I had them before).

with cases like OPs, when you have the quest marked as completed and there is no other way any more for you the get the (unique looking) reward they should just COD it to you no questions asked tbh, especially since you deleted that pre-transmog. I don't understand why they make it so difficult sometimes.

just try again later in a week or something, be very nice, explain everything and hope you get a nice friendly GM - they can totally do it for you.
    Thing is, he didn't complete the quest and he did the part he did when horde, blizz have said what to do before they can do anything, but thats not good enough.

ie Finish the horde quest line completely.

Its not blizz's fault that he didn't finish the quest or chose to change faction while its incomplete.

And again I'm amazed you'd vendor a item like that which is only available via a rare drop and quest chain ...
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Quote Originally Posted by cronight View Post
    [LEFT]Well, here is my story. In 2010 on my main rogue (but then on horde side) I was doing chain quests from Battered Hilt for sword

Quel'Delar, Cunning of the Shadows. After some time I was got better sword in icc and couple of weeks later I was vedored my

Quel'Delar, Cunning of the Shadows.
    I think you are being unfair in complaining about Blizzard refusing to restore items that you decided to sell. You made a mistake and sold the item. Unfortunate for sure, but don't blame Blizzard for you mistake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, here is my story. In 2010 on my main rogue (but then on horde side) I was doing chain quests from Battered Hilt for sword

Quel'Delar, Cunning of the Shadows. After some time I was got better sword in icc and couple of weeks later I was vedored my

Quel'Delar, Cunning of the Shadows. But in cata Blizz give us one of the best thing in game (atleast for me )called transmog. Now

since I finally have both weapons which I can transmog to Quel'Delar, Cunning of the Shadows I was contacted gm 2 times to ask them

to reset quest or atleast to give me back sword which I was have in 2010. Response from first gm was they can not do anything, since

I was only do quests till I was got sword and only soulution is the change faction to horde, finish the quest chain and then AGAIN

change faction to alliance, so maybe then I will be able to start quest from Battered Hilt again.This response for me tbh is tottaly

unacceptable.Then before 2 days I was contacted again Blizz nicely ask them to reset quest or give me back sword and response was

been we can not give you item which was deleted along time ago. I mean I was never complained on anything in or around game but this

2 response for me is tottaly unacceptables with no respect to player who play this game since 2005 (not too much important, but hey

xD).So what do you think my dear friends is Blizz in right and me tottaly wrong, or Blizz are able to help me, but they just do not
    wanna do that???

cheers and thx

P.S. also I wanna say sry for my bad englsih, since english is not my native language
    They don't care that you've played since 2005, you don't have seniority or anything special. You deleted an item you should have kept, sucks to be you.
    Of course they could help you. They aren't going to because they aren't obligated to.

- - - Updated - - -

Because then you'd have everyone and their uncle trying to get back anything and everything they thought might have looked cool in the last 4 years.
    I mean come on, you know they can't have a special item restoration rule because its the battered hilt line, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    I think you are being unfair in complaining about Blizzard refusing to restore items that you decided to sell. You made a mistake and sold the item. Unfortunate for sure, but don't blame Blizzard for you mistake.
    But dude, he's been playing since 2005!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    I mean come on, you know they can't have a special item restoration rule because its the battered hilt line, right?
    Not everything needs a special rule. That's why they have people running customer service and it isn't (entirely) automated bots. To me, common sense seems to say that, presuming it's possible to verify that the player indeed had the item, it should be restored since it is no longer possible for them to obtain it.

I don't think it will exactly result in a ton of people ticketing, since there aren't a whole lot of things this applies to (unique model, no longer obtainable, results in achievement to prove it was completed).

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Being friendly and articulate can get you a long way with customer service. It's a staple of social engineering. Now I'm not saying you should try to manipulate it out of them but just act like a polite civilized human and you'll have a much better chance.

Deleted
    So I'm working in CS right now I think I can kind of see what's the train of thought behind that choice.

Imagine to have to handle a Customer Support company that does this things and think:
    1- Transmog is very popular
    2- There are still 7.000.000 players in the game.

We do allow this: How many quests rewards are in the game? How many incoming tickets this will generate? 100.000? 1.000.000?
    Should we restore just specific quests or all the quests? Player that want a specific item for non approved quests will feel diminished or treated unfairly
    How many times should a player be given the chance to get a quest reward back? 1? 5? 100? unlimited?

And even if only 1/3 of those 7.000.000 players open a ticket it is likely that most of them will open more than one to get more than one item. Then there will be the ones that will get one and then change idea and want another, Blizzard may still say no but the ticket for that has been opened and the damage done.

The ticket queues would literally explode and either important issues will be set back by days or those kind of tickets will end up taking months to get answered as they will be categorized as completely secondary and this will piss off everyone.

Sometimes in CS is not a matter of "we do not this because it is too complex" that's often untrue every CS handle Tech support that is usually the most complex of possible incoming request, most of the time is "supporting this will produce an unmanageable amount of tickets, so we either find a way to automate this or we say no"
    Last edited by mmoc89084f456c; 2014-07-08 at 03:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    4th and the latest response from cs:

This is the latest response from Customer Support:
    Hey D.....!

I just got your ticket and I decided to investigate everything from scratch and I'm glad I did!

I was able to track your Horde rogue, the blood elf and I was able to verify you had done everything, on top of that you have the achievement as well.

Because of this, I was able to send you the Agility sword!!!

If you have no more issues, feel free to mark the ticket as resolved.

Have an awesome day!

So now I can only say ONE BIG BIG THX to BLIZZ and to ALL of you who told me never give up, and not giving up is somethinh what I was the most leraned in WoW !!!

THX BLIZZARD !!!

cheers all

Deleted
    very good for you ^^

4th and the latest response from cs:

This is the latest response from Customer Support:
    Hey D.....!

I just got your ticket and I decided to investigate everything from scratch and I'm glad I did!

I was able to track your Horde rogue, the blood elf and I was able to verify you had done everything, on top of that you have the achievement as well.

Because of this, I was able to send you the Agility sword!!!

If you have no more issues, feel free to mark the ticket as resolved.

Have an awesome day!

So now I can only say ONE BIG BIG THX to BLIZZ and to ALL of you who told me never give up, and not giving up is somethinh what I was the most leraned in WoW !!!

THX BLIZZARD !!!

cheers all
    Holy hell, gotta try to ticket for the Netherwing shield.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they should give it to you, you have an achievement from obtaining it. It is not like you never had it before.

However to be honest, you must have been crazy when you sold it. I still have mine on my Warlock who I don't play anymore.

EDIT: Oh, you already have it.

You're right, it's total bullshit, and I think we all have that story.

Meh... got another ticket served and asked for a long lost shield... said they can't return it
    I had my hopes up...

I have been storing cool looking items in my bank since TBC. Its your own fault, dude.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrael View Post
    Meh... got another ticket served and asked for a long lost shield... said they can't return it
    I had my hopes up...
    you should not have ever had boosted them up. It is likely that whoever gave the sword back to cronight did not follow internal policy, with the number of tickets he opened the chances that all the previous ones where wrong and this one right are rather slim.