10+ Year Old Account

Holy Paladin CM tips

Hey there. I'm working on my 11th character to get CM golds, so I know most of the advanced tricks for getting gold. I've only healed once before (Disc Priest, so it barely counts) and would like to know if there are any tips and tricks I should be taking advantage of as a Holy Paladin to make this final run go as smoothly as possible.

I've been preparing in Proving Grounds and can only get about as high as wave 24 before it all falls apart. Glyphs, Talents, Gems and Reforgings are currently set for Proving Grounds, how different should they be for CMs?

Armory link here.

Thanks for the help, advanced Paladins.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I'm a little OffTop on this, but I just wanted to say Awesome Props on completing all Class's on CM 9/9 Gold. Should be an achieve for that epicness!
    - Looking forward to the replies from helping people to Learn tips on HPal for myself.

BIGUP

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can't say much about Holy Paladins specifically, but have Healed most of them as Restoration. I'm not sure you need that much Spirit with Gems, maybe Intellect is a better option? Just because you can use the Klaxxi Crystal between pulls to Mana up, whilst with the Trinkets you have be able to get extra regen on demand. Maybe a few better items, or items with more sockets will help, but that is nitpicking somewhat. If you have the experience, you know when the Damage is coming etc and should be able to deal with it. Tbh should be fine.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    I'm a little OffTop on this, but I just wanted to say Awesome Props on completing all Class's on CM 9/9 Gold. Should be an achieve for that epicness!
    - Looking forward to the replies from helping people to Learn tips on HPal for myself.

BIGUP
    Thanks! It's been a super fun ride

Quote Originally Posted by Luminoth4 View Post
    Can't say much about Holy Paladins specifically, but have Healed most of them as Restoration. I'm not sure you need that much Spirit with Gems, maybe Intellect is a better option? Just because you can use the Klaxxi Crystal between pulls to Mana up, whilst with the Trinkets you have be able to get extra regen on demand. Maybe a few better items, or items with more sockets will help, but that is nitpicking somewhat. If you have the experience, you know when the Damage is coming etc and should be able to deal with it. Tbh should be fine.
    I've considered going to ToT LFR but goodness, I just can't be bothered after so many others heh. I've done most of the rest in PVP or Timeless gear, so I consider this an upgrade socket-wise.

Spirit is mostly a holdover from Proving Grounds. I'm not tooootally comfortable with mana yet, and I imagine haste / throughput would be better, but a friend who has done these as a Holy Paladin recommended Spirit, at least, more spirit than my Disc bothered with.

You won't need to focus on Spirit; I've been told personally that haste is nice, but at a set ilvl so low I would think crit would be better. The amount you can pull from gear honestly probably won't gimp you that much. More int will be good. Clemency with Sacrifice w/ glyph will be great. BoPing casters(if you have any) can protect them from any damage while not hindering their output(since BoP affects physical). The Scroll of Revered Ancestors trinket + Tsulong's trinket(Sun something, can't recall name) are probably the best trinkets for sustainability and output. Don't forget that Eternal Flame on yourself does double healing, so that HoT will be double and sends stronger heals to your beacon. Keeping EF on you and tank will really help, if you can manage a 3rd EF on someone go for it but aim for you + tank(beacon) at least.

-=edit=-

Missed you linked your armory. If you would prefer more sockets, there's plenty of pieces in siege that will provide more sockets. Lei Shen neck, obviously, and if you have friends who wanna smash Jinrokh for his sword.

You probably would need to be more aggressive than I need to be, having like 6 or 7 less sockets. More spirit might be wise, but that'd be fine tuning between runs when you see how you handled a few.
    Last edited by Retributed; 2014-07-14 at 12:58 AM.

Gem intellect, don't get spirit.
    Don't bother with Blinding Light glyph, go with Flash of Light, Sacrifice, your choice (I like Beacon).
    Speed of Light > POJ.
    80 stats > 200 spirit chest enchant.

Spam tank, use CD's liberally, on bosses just denounce as mana permits. Get ambers.
    Keep a good ret spec for SSB and Scholo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Recommendations for 90 talent? I assume Prism.

Quote Originally Posted by ViridianWRA View Post
    Recommendations for 90 talent? I assume Prism.
    I think there's very few occassions Prism won't trump the others. If you want to contribute more DPS, Execution stay, but with such a low CD and still having a damage output capability, Prism usually wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Retributed View Post
    I think there's very few occassions Prism won't trump the others. If you want to contribute more DPS, Execution stay, but with such a low CD and still having a damage output capability, Prism usually wins.
    If you want to contribute more DPS, Prism and on packs use the single target heal version.