Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    I don't dispute they add new skins and toys/conveniences through the cash shop, and I have no issue with it as it's how they support the game financially. Rather than charge a sub month by month, they expect to make money from people wanting New And Shiny. But to say the only way to get everything is insane RNG or the cash shop isn't true. A majority? Yeah, that's probably true. But it doesn't make it that much different from other MMOs, where you pay either for a sub or for stuff via microtransaction(or both, in some cases). And they are still adding new skins that can be found or gained through crafting/other means and traded to other players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I'll probably miss some and karizee will most likely point out what I missed but

-Dungeons
    -Jumping puzzles
    -Achivement hunting
    -Crafting
    -Legendary hunting
    -Dry top
    -southsun cove
    -Orr
    -Mini dungeons
    -Living story
    -Every single zone in the game
    -Trait hunting (you can also buy them for gold so it's meh)
    -Personal story
    -Champions
    -World bosses
    -Mini games

For end game, I'm sure I missed more. I don't understand why I have to list out everything you can do in the game because it's the entire game.
    -Dungeons - broken, barely any reward, boring after 1st run.
    -Jumping puzzles - fun but no reward
    -Achivement hunting - no point to this, no reward
    -Crafting - becoming more relevant but barely used
    -Legendary hunting - RNG hunting
    -Dry top - Not played this
    -southsun cove - Not really relevant anymore
    -Orr - Not enough experience with this zone to comment on
    -Mini dungeons - No
    -Living story - Press F to build sign. Becoming more fun in recent times though.
    -Every single zone in the game - Map completion, you get a badge and a piece for legendary, fun the first time.
    -Trait hunting (you can also buy them for gold so it's meh) - Barely anybody dedicates time and effort or eve does this
    -Personal story - A joke, especially the end. Press 1 at a dragon. So fun, best final boss ever played, wow.
    -Champions - These are fun
    -World bosses - Afk/Mash 1 zergfest
    -Mini games - Who does these

GW2 isn't based on skins either.I don't understand how you assume because GW2 has more skins in their shop then WoW that means the game is based off skins....
    No, it's just what the entire progression system is based off of, other than ascended items, which they said they weren't going to do.

No, it's just what the entire progression system is based off of, other than ascended items, which they said they weren't going to do.
    There is no progression outside ascended. Like I said you have "I gotta collect them all" which is subjective. And ascended was planned, it just wasn't ready for launch.

-Mini dungeons - No
    -Living story - Press F to build sign. Becoming more fun in recent times though.
    -Every single zone in the game - Map completion, you get a badge and a piece for legendary, fun the first time.
    -Trait hunting (you can also buy them for gold so it's meh) - Barely anybody dedicates time and effort or eve does this
    -Personal story - A joke, especially the end. Press 1 at a dragon. So fun, best final boss ever played, wow.
    What you listed was excuses which are subjective, you said you were going to list 1000x more content GW1 has. And you list no for mini dungeon? Um have you done them? They are pretty awesome.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really shouldn't let myself be baited, but here goes.

Quote Originally Posted by raguun View Post
    Opinion. No different from WoW since you so love comparing it to that.

Opinion. I've gotten nice stuffs, both salvagable and wearable, from the chests.

Opinion. I like achievement hunting. So do many others.

Vague. I don't like it myself, but calling it "barely used"?

An MMO with RNG elements. Who knew?

So go play it. If it's there and you haven't played it, it's not "nothing to do".

Haven't been there myself.

So go experience it.

-Mini dungeons - No
    No what?

Oversimplification is fun. The whole game is "press keyboard and mouse buttons to win".

Opinion.

Again, you can't tell if "barely anybody" does it. "None of my friends do it" is not representative of the whole player population.

Opinion + oversimplification.

I can turn this around and say "press 1 at a champion." But it's fun for you, so good for you.

See above.

Me, and lots of other players who fill up those games every time I queue.

Seems to me this game is just not your cup of tea. Which is fine. Just don't expect people to take you seriously when you pass off your own opinions, anecdotal experience and assumptions as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    I really shouldn't let myself be baited, but here goes.

Opinion. No different from WoW since you so love comparing it to that.

Opinion. I've gotten nice stuffs, both salvagable and wearable, from the chests.

Opinion. I like achievement hunting. So do many others.

Vague. I don't like it myself, but calling it "barely used"?

An MMO with RNG elements. Who knew?

So go play it. If it's there and you haven't played it, it's not "nothing to do".

Haven't been there myself.

So go experience it.

No what?

Oversimplification is fun. The whole game is "press keyboard and mouse buttons to win".

Opinion.

Again, you can't tell if "barely anybody" does it. "None of my friends do it" is not representative of the whole player population.

Opinion + oversimplification.

I can turn this around and say "press 1 at a champion." But it's fun for you, so good for you.

See above.

Me, and lots of other players who fill up those games every time I queue.

Seems to me this game is just not your cup of tea. Which is fine. Just don't expect people to take you seriously when you pass off your own opinions, anecdotal experience and assumptions as fact.
    Not to mention he is completely wrong about everything. You can get lvl 80 exotics including precursors from jumping puzzles. Achievements do have rewards, if you do enough you get loot boxes with rare skins at some milestones. I could nit pick at everything but it's clear he doesn't play the game.

Deleted
    There is no progression outside ascended. Like I said you have "I gotta collect them all" which is subjective. And ascended was planned, it just wasn't ready for launch.

What you listed was excuses which are subjective, you said you were going to list 1000x more content GW1 has. And you list no for mini dungeon? Um have you done them? They are pretty awesome.
    Dwarven Rep
    Sunspear Rep
    Vanguard Rep
    Asuran Rep
    Norn Rep
    Lightbringer Rep
    Zaishen Rep
    Wisdom Titles
    Eye of the North Mastery points
    Luxon / Kurzick Rep
    Treasure Hunting
    Protector of Cantha/Elona/Kryta
    Gladiator
    Tyria Exploration
    Elona Exploration
    Canthan Exploration
    Party Animal
    Heroes Ascent Fame
    Tyrian Skill hunter
    Canthan Skill hunter
    Elona Skill hunter
    Survivor titles

This is just on the Title menu.

Clear Zones Hard mode
    Do missions with bonuses
    All the dungeons in GW1, which give loads of play time each, which you can farm for skins, etc, with still being challenging and not repetitive.
    Become ascended
    Do UW, and start doing SC's
    Do FoW, and start doing SC's
    Run people places to earn money
    Get new gear, which is fun and rewarding which you earn by being skilled
    DoA runs
    Hall of Monuments
    Collect minipets (which have a use)
    PVP
    Theorycrafting and designing builds to use.

And so much more, I cba listing it all. And many things listed here take a good few 10+ hours to do, and no RNG is involved, only skill and dedication, which is what it should be.

Not to mention he is completely wrong about everything. You can get lvl 80 exotics including precursors from jumping puzzles. Achievements do have rewards, if you do enough you get loot boxes with rare skins at some milestones. I could nit pick at everything but it's clear he doesn't play the game.
    No, he's not completely wrong. Much of his position is subjective, and some things are a bit disingenuous(railing on the cash shop and ignoring the lack of a sub as means of support for the game). He just doesn't like how things are done and to him the endgame is lacking because it doesn't have as many things he likes as he did in GW 1.

To which I say no, there isn't as much of a focus on required grouping as there was in the original. Personally I find that a good thing, not a bad thing. But YMMV.

No, he's not completely wrong.
    Saying that achievements have no rewards is wrong, they do. Saying something is not fun is wrong because someone finds it fun it's subjective but stating otherwise is wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

And so much more, I cba listing it all. And many things listed here take a good few 10+ hours to do, and no RNG is involved, only skill and dedication, which is what it should be.
    No RNG in what? the loot because there is... You also segregated things that can just be bunched together. All those reps can be converted into just "reps"

- - - Updated - - -

Like I said before I could nit pick but you don't play the game instead just giving out false information so

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course he hasn't played. Saying Living Story is nothing more than fixing signs says he hasn't played since January 2013...tell me, how do you call this fixing signs?

Yet talking about the new trait system which was implemented just a couple months ago? He's just parroting some BS crap talk from the official forums.
    Valar morghulis

Deleted

No RNG in what? the loot because there is... You also segregated things that can just be bunched together. All those reps can be converted into just "reps"
    I just went down the title list and said every thing that was there. And each individual rep takes a long time to do and require different things to get them, so putting them together would diminish what there was to do in the game.

Oh how I miss marionette

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Of course he hasn't played. Saying Living Story is nothing more than fixing signs says he hasn't played since January 2013...tell me, how do you call this fixing signs?

Yet talking about the new trait system which was implemented just a couple months ago? He's just parroting some BS crap talk from the official forums.
    I have played, I'll send a screenshot of my account if you want

I just went down the title list and said every thing that was there. And each individual rep takes a long time to do and require different things to get them, so putting them together would diminish what there was to do in the game.
    It is still in the same category. it is still just rep regardless of time invested and you just copy pasted from the title? Doesn't help your argument... once again I could nit pick but I'm going to stop now for real because you are just baiting at this point.

Deleted
    Oh how I miss marionette
    Another flaw, you only have limited time to do events. Meaning that events like this, which are actually fun can not be done again.

Much of what I see there are achievements, GW 1 style. Skill tracks that make certain skills better and the rest just title grind for title grind's sake. Many of the same kinds you have with the achievement system in GW 2. Kind of amusing how you lambast one and hold the other on a pedestal.

Another flaw, you only have limited time to do events. Meaning that events like this, which are actually fun can not be done again.
    I'll agree, that was a flaw from S1 of the Living Story. Hopefully they'll be able to bring back things like that for players to experience again with the Story Journal later. When they're not cackling evilly as they shake down candy from babies via the cash shop, that is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh how I miss marionette
    Loved that fight
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    What limited time? Yeah, for S1 it was. Now you can take all the time you need. So no, not a 'flaw'

I don't think it would make much sense now if marionette was still around, she did turn it into a giant drill instead.

I don't think it would make much sense now if marionette was still around, she did turn it into a giant drill instead.
    And I every time I think of the Breachmaker I think of this song: