Thread: Old WoW account

Deleted

Old WoW account

I found my old account name/password from my very first account that I stopped playing in TBC. I just have a real problem though....my ex got it for me. I don't remember how to old accounts worked, been a while. Does it have a name register? 'Cause if it does...I can't add it to my battle.net right?

Ty!

Deleted
    if its not tied to a B.net account you can tie it to your current B.net account.
    if it has a B.net account the same name as yours then you can transfer it to your current B.net account.
    if it has a B.net account under a different name, then you can't do shit with it in regards to getting it to your B.net account.

Hope that helps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    if it has a B.net account the same name as yours then you can transfer it to your current B.net account.
    How? I have 2 battlenet accoutn which I would like to merge/transfer chars etc.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    How? I have 2 battlenet accoutn which I would like to merge/transfer chars etc.
    You just go to the transfer character page, and type in the destination account, I've done it to a few of my characters^^

If it's not tied to a battle.net account already (IE: farmers didn't hack it or your ex didn't put it onto their account) you will just have to make a battle.net account and then attach your info to it. It's pretty simple and then you'll be back in business.

Deleted
    Thanks for all the advice
    When we broke up, I made my current account. So, although I have the old account name + pass + e-mail, I can't remember, for the life of me, if the account had name/country like now. Cause I was young, and stupid, and my ex knew the details, ence my question, 'cause if name/country is associated with it, and they aren't mine...I'm screwed D:
    I think it wasn't so "controlled" like now. I don't remember, been too damn long. The best thing I can do is merge it with a new battle.net on my name and then merge with my current battle.net, or transfer or shit...can I even do this?
    <- one account at the time noob

Thanks in advance!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    if its not tied to a B.net account you can tie it to your current B.net account.
    if it has a B.net account under a different name, then you can't do shit with it in regards to getting it to your B.net account.

Hope that helps.
    And no, does not have a b.net account atm...I think. That's why I asked how old accounts worked, since I can't remember what info it had. I just remember account name/pass/email and my char name xD
    Last edited by mmoc703ed63857; 2014-07-08 at 03:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Log in to your current battle.net account on the website, on the side next to the list of all your games/accounts accounts click "Merge a World of Warcraft account" fill the details in, if it's correct it should work!

10+ Year Old Account
    Start a live chat on battle.net and have the various info that you remember available. Once you start chattting with the rep, they 'should' be able to look up all the information in regards to if you can merge the account with your current b.net account.

If your ex got it for you and none of your information is on there at all, nope. You can try and add it to your battle.net account anyway, though, it may or may not work. If that doesn't work, you need to contact the account & billing department and explain your situation, if they can help, they will.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodi1987 View Post
    The best thing I can do is merge it with a new battle.net on my name and then merge with my current battle.net
    I'm pretty sure you can just add it to your current bnet account.

Deleted
    Thank you all
    So I'm just going to try and merge it and: a) if it works, then who cares anymore, b) if it doesn't I'll contact them and explain then
    Going to try now :3