Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Best way to get Cloud Serpent rep without secondary professions?

Always found secondary professions a waste of time, until 4 cloud serpent dailies required me to have them to complete the dailies. Interesting. Skipped.

Anyways, I realize you get 550ish per quest, but thats very very minimal. I was hoping I could knock it out in like a week..
    Also, I was told that you can farm onyx eggs, so I set up a routes for that. Do they show up on the map, much like nodes and herbs do?
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

No they don't but you can download an addon that will map out the waypoints for all the spawn locations for you. I don't remember the name but it had cloud serpent in the name. It's definitely the easiest way.

- - - Updated - - -

Addon is actually called Cloud Serpent. You also need tomtom for it to work.
    Last edited by Lessthanzer0; 2014-07-08 at 07:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I think many people use the word "scale" the same way the smurfs use "smurf".

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Suck it up and grind that extra week if you wanna ride them serpents.
    Or don't grind anything and wait til they remove the requirement in 6.0 or the next xpac. Not sure which one it is but I remember hearing that it won't be needed anymore.

- - - Updated - - -
    Found it...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    In 6.0, Cloud Serpents no longer require Cloud Serpent Riding. Source

Quote Originally Posted by marcackermann86 View Post
    No they don't but you can download an addon that will map out the waypoints for all the spawn locations for you. I don't remember the name but it had cloud serpent in the name. It's definitely the easiest way.

- - - Updated - - -

Addon is actually called Cloud Serpent. You also need tomtom for it to work.
    I have that addon, yet it doesnt seem to helpful, especially because of the huge mountains. I keep reading that people can get a lot in a short amount of time, or none in a few hours... :/
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

Quote Originally Posted by calinass View Post
    I have that addon, yet it doesnt seem to helpful, especially because of the huge mountains. I keep reading that people can get a lot in a short amount of time, or none in a few hours... :/
    Depends on how many people are farming them. I went from revered to exalted in a couple hours. That addon is all I used. It worked flawlessly. I'm not sure how huge mountains effect waypoints on a map and I'm not sure what to tell you if you can't figure out how to use a simple addon. I guess do what I said in my last post and just wait til 6.0 then you can ride cloud serpents without doing any work at all. #ThanksObama #WelfareCloudSerpents

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically their spawn rate is slow, but you can get lucky and pick up as many as 7 or so in one pass. But, don't expect to fly around in 5 minutes, and pick up 7 more. I think I picked up a total of 10, over 2 days and maybe 3 passes, and I think that was even too many, as I had done some rep prior to turning them in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Make friends with a couple people on low-pop realms and poach their server's eggs, do it all in one day and never go back. Its what I did a day after MoP release.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Ehh....honestly if the egg thing doesnt work out I may just have to take that 1500 rep a day :/
    It's called balancing.
    Just sayn'

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if you have to have the riding on another character to be able to loot these in timeless isle, but:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=104286/q...m-egg#comments

These give 1000 rep each, they give double if you have completed the rep grind on another character if you use http://www.wowhead.com/item=93229.

I myself was able to grind it out within a few days, 2-3 I think.

The Onyx Eggs are another great way, but they tend to have a re-spawn timer anywhere between 45-75 mins apparently.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

Keep in mind if you want Cloud Serpent Riding you have to do the quest chain; getting Exalted isn't good enough. While that seems like a bum deal it reduces the amount of eggs you need to turn in by a lot as well.

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Keep in mind if you want Cloud Serpent Riding you have to do the quest chain; getting Exalted isn't good enough. While that seems like a bum deal it reduces the amount of eggs you need to turn in by a lot as well.
    Whats the quest chain, the one where you have to beat some racing event?
    It's called balancing.
    Just sayn'

If you are this lazy you shouldn't farm rep in the first place.

Eggs and just the main questline
    Check out my livestream and follow me on twitter.
    /
    I Livestream and do giveaways.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want something bad enough you should put in the effort and hard work to grind for it....or wait until blizzard nerfs it to hell leaving all past accomplishments worthless <3

I dont even... you're struggling to get cloud serpent rep?? When I first hit 90 I was done in two days, just from flying round a couple of hours a day egg hunting and doing dailies. Didn't do a single profession daily.

Furthermore, just go to the timeless isle and look for the red eggs, thats a lot of rep from those. This is possible one of the easiest factions to get to exalted I have ever grinded. It took absolutely minimal time. Perhaps try a real grind, maybe one the Insane factions or Shao Hao rep for the heavenly golden cloud serpent.
    Chronic Sufferer of A.D.H.L.A.S. (Attention Deficit Hey Look A Squirrel)
    Garrosh would wage war against the ocean for not being made out of orcs.

Why don't you make a tumblr post blaming someone (I'd go with white straight males if I were you, usually works best for lazy people wanting something without doing anything) about it? I'm sure someone will fund you with free onyx eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always found secondary professions a waste of time, until 4 cloud serpent dailies required me to have them to complete the dailies. Interesting. Skipped.

Anyways, I realize you get 550ish per quest, but thats very very minimal. I was hoping I could knock it out in like a week..
    Also, I was told that you can farm onyx eggs, so I set up a routes for that. Do they show up on the map, much like nodes and herbs do?
    You aren't missing much on the secondary profs, as they yeild a small amount of rep.

The eggs do NOT show up on the mini-map, you have to manually search for them. (There are a few addons that track location, but you still have to take a look at them yourself).

The Cloud Serpent mobs on Timeless Isle have a decent chance to drop a similar egg that can be turned in for 550 rep per. Its ~33% drop chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

2ndary proffs are just the bonus. best thing would be doing the dailys on a human toon so u can get to revered asap. then u can buy the rep badge and get double rep for whatever toon u want. the dailys dont take long, maybe 10 mins tops. as far as finding onyx eggs goes u can use the addon but depending on xrealms u might find it more trouble then its worth.

Quote Originally Posted by mykro9 View Post
    Basically their spawn rate is slow, but you can get lucky and pick up as many as 7 or so in one pass. But, don't expect to fly around in 5 minutes, and pick up 7 more. I think I picked up a total of 10, over 2 days and maybe 3 passes, and I think that was even too many, as I had done some rep prior to turning them in.
    There spawn is <30 minutes and there's so many spawns there is 0 reason one can't do this in 24 hours now.

You can also farm the serpents on TI if you're truly terrible at egg hunting. They have about a 10%? drop for an egg that gives double the rep the onyx ones do, and it's BoA so you can farm on your best character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."