Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie of Medivh View Post
    Well it's a multi-facitated problem, but parts to the solution include:

Stabilizing Mexico - most drugs come from or through Mexico.
    Drug Legalization and reschedualing and treatment to starve cartels of finances.
    Demanding fair, legitimate elections in Mexico to get control of the border.
    Stronger border patrol presence, especially with drones.
    Demand the Mexican Government allow us to pursue criminals into its territory - it is idiotic if a criminal crosses a river or an invisible line they can be nearly completely safe.
    Greater pressure on job creators to hire documented americans
    Much stronger penalties on those hiring illegal workers
    An amnesty program designed to help integrate those people here, quickly and efficiently, including payment of back taxes, citizenship oaths and required learning of conversational English.
    Developing programs to allow those who work here temporarily (farm workers, construction, landscaping, ect.) to return home legally and safely and quickly.
    Read above. You need to transfer your jobs to mexica. So mexicans will work at home.

Have Obama sign a executive order than all illegals are immediately granted US citizenship, problem solved. It will only be a small 30 extra million votes for him to kick out all Republicans and get stuff done in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Shurkuris View Post
    Have Obama sign a executive order than all illegals are immediately granted US citizenship, problem solved. It will only be a small 30 extra million votes for him to kick out all Republicans and get stuff done in the country.
    Yeah doesn't work that way. He has no authority to grant citizenship, only who has priority on enforcement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't think there is a solution or a meaningful one. People can just move to Canada next if it ever gets that bad here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie of Medivh View Post
    Well it's a multi-facitated problem, but parts to the solution include:

Stabilizing Mexico - most drugs come from or through Mexico.
    Drug Legalization and reschedualing and treatment to starve cartels of finances.
    Demanding fair, legitimate elections in Mexico to get control of the border.
    Stronger border patrol presence, especially with drones.
    Demand the Mexican Government allow us to pursue criminals into its territory - it is idiotic if a criminal crosses a river or an invisible line they can be nearly completely safe.
    Greater pressure on job creators to hire documented americans
    Much stronger penalties on those hiring illegal workers
    An amnesty program designed to help integrate those people here, quickly and efficiently, including payment of back taxes, citizenship oaths and required learning of conversational English.
    Developing programs to allow those who work here temporarily (farm workers, construction, landscaping, ect.) to return home legally and safely and quickly.
    The Mexican government is useless..... vast swathes of land are controlled by the cartels rather than the government, perhaps, haven't something like 50k people been killed in the past few years related to gang attacks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Don't think there is a solution or a meaningful one. People can just move to Canada next if it ever gets that bad here.
    yup, then we can just make Canada similar to the US, it will be like we never left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Its funny how quickly american exceptionalism gets ditched when immigration comes up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Its funny how quickly american exceptionalism gets ditched when immigration comes up.
    Nah that's all they've been talking about in this thread. We love immigrants, except-brown ones lol...bad except-ion joke

Deleted
    build a giant wall?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    build a giant wall?
    Then people will just get taller ladders.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    build a giant wall?
    Give away hammers and start leveling on immigrants till level 90.

the senate bill had Mandatory E-Verify to stop the future waves, but Republicans want their cheap gardeners.

If you want to fix the problem you have to boost minimum wages across the board. Then you have to go after the companies who hire them. It's that simple. They're here because they can get a job being paid $1 a day and send that back to Mexico. Also decriminalizing marijuna slows some of the drug trade which would slow some of the pack people used to smuggle. Also if the Mexican people actually fixed their country they wouldn't have to come here for work to make money to send back to their country.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no simple solution but the current model obviously is not working. I think if you want to come and live in this country then you need to become a tax paying citizen like the rest of us. There should be a much easier way to do this than the current system.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

herr derr jokes about shooting kids with rock salt are hilarious.
    I wasn't joking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    The only people talking about skin color are the people supporting amnesty. I've not seen a single post from someone against it mentioning the color of their skin as a defense.

Maybe if you were able to articulate your position better instead of calling anyone who disagrees with you a racist, you might be able to change some minds. But I have a hunch the reason you and others keep tossing the skin color thing out there is because you don't have anything else to add and race baiting has been a proven method to coerce others into not disagreeing with you.
    Did you not notice at the end of my sentence that I put it was a bad joke

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    There's no simple solution but the current model obviously is not working. I think if you want to come and live in this country then you need to become a tax paying citizen like the rest of us. There should be a much easier way to do this than the current system.
    I would wager that most would be. I doubt they come in for the opportunity to work and to explicitly avoid paying taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    Yes it is. Hence..."illegal". The difference is some countries send them to prison, some countries shoot them, and others deport them.
    It is NOT regardless how bold you want to make the font, it is not a criminal offense it is a CIVIL OFFENSE handled by civil court NOT criminal court. really it is not possible to have constructive debates when the facts arent allowed to be the facts.

Maybe you were joking, but several other people have said the same thing. And none of them are offering their own opinion on the issue. They just call others racist or xenophobic and conclude their work is done. I'm sure if pushed, they were all joking too. But the point remains that the only people discussing race are the same people who historically, have used race to treat others different under the law.
    Yeah the racists and xenophobes know better than to say it out right so they fall back on the same stereotypes like "dirty and diseased". Just more dog whistles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you were joking, but several other people have said the same thing. And none of them are offering their own opinion on the issue. They just call others racist or xenophobic and conclude their work is done. I'm sure if pushed, they were all joking too. But the point remains that the only people discussing race are the same people who historically, have used race to treat others different under the law.
    Well I think many people are against immigration and for many different reasons, my guess would be that simple "racism" is a smaller percentage of the reason. But yeah, I know what you're saying.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah the racists and xenophobes know better than to say it out right so they fall back on the same stereotypes like "dirty and diseased". Just more dog whistles.
    Def have seen that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    If you want to fix the problem you have to boost minimum wages across the board. Then you have to go after the companies who hire them. It's that simple. They're here because they can get a job being paid $1 a day and send that back to Mexico. Also decriminalizing marijuna slows some of the drug trade which would slow some of the pack people used to smuggle. Also if the Mexican people actually fixed their country they wouldn't have to come here for work to make money to send back to their country.

Easy fix make min wage like 20 dollars and make the fines for companies getting caught with undocumented workers and paying less have to pay millions upon millions in fines and have that money go towards making unions stronger to protect the workers better, win win win win as they say only one not liking it is the cheating feel that wants slaves to do his bidding for his GREED

So the truth Is now racist?. Why do you think they wont even let congressmen in to see the "kids"?. If border guards say anything to the news media they are threatened with prison.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2014-07-09 at 03:52 AM.