Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    And this 1 player doesnt care what those 41,791,636 players think.
    41,791,636 still play it regardless of graphics which was my point. You play wow and it has pretty bad graphics but graphics don't stop a good game from selling.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant View Post
    41,791,636 still play it regardless of graphics which was my point. You play wow and it has pretty bad graphics but graphics don't stop a good game from selling.
    Id disagree. For an MMO it's pretty damn good. Other MMO's i play seem to try and make up for their lack of gameplay with better looking graphics and they seem to all fall short.

My statement earlier was a personal opinion. I was not trying to pass it off as fact. So there was no point in quoting me like you did.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/ar...-how-itll-work

It's about wow coming to consoles.

After reading this I wondered if this is why we are seeing a massive time of no new content to live.

Is this why we are seeing such ability pruning and a trimming down of in game mechanics (many probably behind the scenes) so that blizzard can put wow to console. With console gaming having only a certain amount of hardware to deal with and only so many buttons to work with could that be why we see some changes to wow as we are seeing?

Do you think this process is why we are seeing such delays in the overall wow game?
    Basically what that article is about:
    OMG MORE ABILITIES GONE LIKE EVERY EXPAC SINCE WOTLK, CONSOLE VERSION ON THE HORIZON.
    OMG DIABLO TO CONSOLES, WOW TO CONSOLE ON THE HORIZON.
    OMG LOW SUBS CONSOLE VERSION WILL FIX THAT
    OMG TITAN IS NOWHERE CLOSE, THAT MEANS WOW WILL COME TO CONSOLES, RIGHT?!
    OMG YOU WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO PLAY THE GAME AS WELL (duuh) SO THEY WOULD HAVE TO SEPARATE PC AND CONSOLE PLAYERS!

More like this:
    They want to take away abilities so it's easier for new players and also ge with the times, just compare to games like TERA where you have like 6 abilities you actually use.
    Diablo barely makes sense to console, but I believe Sony made some contract with Blizz and that's the only reason for the console version, any such deal about WoW has never been revealed.
    Low subs might be true, but they wouldn't waste this much energy, time and money on something that in the end won't pay off because lets face it, WoW on consles would be absolute shit.
    How is this even related to WoW on consoles? As I stated before, it would not be because of money so they can keep their employees because they are smarter than to think that it would actually pay off in the end.
    And lastly, this is the whole reason to why it wouldn't pay off. The skill-ceiling would be lower and you'd be preforming worse, so they'd have to make a whole now community for the "consoles only" servers(still separated by Asia, Europe and America etc. as always). All while the PC WoW community has been established for almost a decade, and that's the only thing that keeps this outdated game alive. A new community would live for 6 months, a year tops, then they'd grow bored of the game because simply too few players to keep the MMO alive combined with a combat system that just doesn't work on consoles.

my carpal tunnel would greatly appreciate this

15+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't enjoy any console version of WoW because it would neuter the social aspect of it. Nevermind the other laundry list of reasons.

Nobody would speak to eachother with voice chat (outside of what we already do) and chat channels would be a pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Marquize View Post
    Diablo barely makes sense to console, but I believe Sony made some contract with Blizz and that's the only reason for the console version
    I agree with everything you posted but I wanted to add to this:

Personally I think it's Blizzard testing the console market. I agree that Blizzard is not tapping that potential, and D3 was the best IP to throw out there with its simple action gameplay, decent Online Multiplayer, and low barrier of entry.

It goes without saying that porting WoW is not the best way to jump into consoles, even with D3 leading the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    I don't imagine that it's ever going to happen.

Also...I can't imagine playing WoW with a controller, even if it is one of those modern controllers that has like 500 buttons on it.
    I was goofing around one time and hooked a ps3 controler to the pc and mapped some keys around to play WoW. Had to quit at about lvl 20 because I ran out of bottons.

Isnt PSN and Xbox Live networks designed so it can handle only 64 players at once (32 for 360 and PS3)? I think that because of this, no MMO could ever work on console? I could be horribly wrong and go eat a shit tho

People still think that because each class lost 2-3 skills or had moves rolled into one spell that WoW is shifting to console.
    You people, are hilarious.

7+ Year Old Account
    I seriously doubt this will ever happen. However, other MMOs have made the jump without too many issues.

Deleted
    What are player on about limited buttons on console pads?
    I have been raiding with only WASD, Shift and my mousewheel for buttons and mouse to rotate. Build some macros for gods sake. Let go of this idea that a longer and thicker skillbar makes you a better player.

Most controler have more than enough control buttons to play WoW.

Deleted
    I really don't think any iteration of WoW would be playable on a console.

1. Hardware limitations on consoles.

2. Utter lack of addons and similar modifications.

3. Would console players play with PC players?
    If yes, then every console player would be at a HUGE disadvantage in PvE and especially PvP.
    If no, then blizzard would have to build an entire multiplayer-network structure just for Console WoW, in every major continent.

4. Adapting the game to the console controllers is just borderline impossible.
    Without the mouse and keyboard your number of keybinds has dropped from 50+ to about 10, and the lack of a swift/precise mouse is a horrible loss.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    After reading this I wondered if this is why we are seeing a massive time of no new content to live.

Is this why we are seeing such ability pruning and a trimming down of in game mechanics (many probably behind the scenes) so that blizzard can put wow to console. With console gaming having only a certain amount of hardware to deal with and only so many buttons to work with could that be why we see some changes to wow as we are seeing?
    Or you know, the other explanation is that it's a long time between content because it always is.

And abilities are being pruned because there's too many.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    There are way too many buttons for a console WoW

Even if it would happen one day all I hope is they keep the populations separate, but truth be told to make it work the game would have to be so dumbed down it would be worthless to anyone who plays it now.

this sounds like a terrible idea.

Not sure what the fuss is about. It'd give us a good laugh, and a lot of people to destroy in bgs while they keyboard (joystick?) turn around.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulathar View Post
    Even if it would happen one day all I hope is they keep the populations separate, but truth be told to make it work the game would have to be so dumbed down it would be worthless to anyone who plays it now.
    They could plug in a keyboard and mouse. The only thing holding the consoles back would be their cpu's. 1.6 ghz is meh but I am pretty sure they can overclock it or increase the power for certain games.