Thread: WOD Feral PvP

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    Thats pretty much the main thing this thread is about. But thanks for the input :P
    Well I kind of gathered that point. But still, its easy enough to plan around, clearly an inconvenience though. Hard to tell whether it will be a problem or not at this stage.

Incarnation seems pretty lacklustre to me at the moment anyway. Shred damage, even when stealthed, is much lower compared to white damage now it doesn't quite give the same burst it once did.

Quote Originally Posted by Maekito View Post
    Incarnation seems pretty lacklustre to me at the moment anyway. Shred damage, even when stealthed, is much lower compared to white damage now it doesn't quite give the same burst it once did.
    This is one of those things that usually gets sorted out late in the balancing process, at least in terms of the relative damage between Shred and auto-attack damage. Even if Blizz wants to make auto-attacks a main source of damage, no reason they can't bump up Shred damage and still accomplish the same thing.

That being said, I haven't had too much time to mess around with Feral PvP on the beta, but two very positive changes I've enjoyed are combo points being retained on the player and the DoC heals copying onto ourselves if used on another target (especially fun in group play).
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

I actually really like the the way feral is shaping up in WoD. The whole Rake stun thing is good but the incarnation thing is a little silly, but in saying that why would you spam Rake during Incarnation anyway? If you are playing arena then you would line up Incarnation to burst someone down under a CC and a little stun won't hurt that.

Plus imagine being able to Feral Charge a healer and rake them during Incarnation for that little extra CC while your bleeds actually are hitting very hard, would give you the time to get a cyclone off. Definitely will be useful if used correctly.

It really does have it's uses and I think it does seem silly to have it this way but I can also see many uses for it in PvP.

I hope they bring bleeds back to Cataclysm levels, with how much of our damage they were, compared to MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by ManneN View Post
    https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...02211827466241

On beta afaik Rake does stun in Incarnation. It's really, really stupid design.
    God damn it blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    This is one of those things that usually gets sorted out late in the balancing process, at least in terms of the relative damage between Shred and auto-attack damage. Even if Blizz wants to make auto-attacks a main source of damage, no reason they can't bump up Shred damage and still accomplish the same thing.

That being said, I haven't had too much time to mess around with Feral PvP on the beta, but two very positive changes I've enjoyed are combo points being retained on the player and the DoC heals copying onto ourselves if used on another target (especially fun in group play).
    Incarnation seems to be lacklustre as I think Shred is bugged at the moment (which I have reported). I seems that Shred actually does LESS damage when used from stealth (and hence during incarnation) and certainly not the 35% more it is meant to do. Can anyone else in beta confirm?

Deleted
    Removed barkskin
    Removed Cyclone procs
    Removed Natures grasp
    Removed Roots
    Removed Hibernate

The only thing im happy is that SR is nolonger a mandatory 5 combopoint loss at start arena opener.
    On the other hand i have to sacrifice another talent for it. Rake stuns will be fixed.

Whats left: A dumbed down feral druid (tunnel and aside from bash, no cc´s).
    For the 3 button wonders a great change. For the actual gamers a sad day.

Also survivability without barkskin and CC´s is gonna be a fucking joke. Even if we are top DPS youll never live long enough to dish it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Removed barkskin
    Removed Cyclone procs
    Removed Natures grasp
    Removed Roots
    Removed Hibernate

The only thing im happy is that SR is nolonger a mandatory 5 combopoint loss at start arena opener.
    On the other hand i have to sacrifice another talent for it. Rake stuns will be fixed.

Whats left: A dumbed down feral druid (tunnel and aside from bash, no cc´s).
    For the 3 button wonders a great change. For the actual gamers a sad day.

Also survivability without barkskin and CC´s is gonna be a fucking joke. Even if we are top DPS youll never live long enough to dish it out.
    Removed barkskin is compensate of 2x SI and Self healing, ferals not lose a point of survality
    Cyclone's proc is alredy nerfed/removed in 5.2 -5.3
    Roots are stays
    Hibernate wasn't much in use

and SR changed mechanic, no more pre-casting, but you always forced to open from steath, or have to use passive talent which is currently best choice before damage tunning to moonfire talent

so whats left is absolutly same feral u currently have on live, with 1 less utility - symbiosis, through others classes lost also many skills, so don't fucking go whine stance with your conclusion without trying it yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    Removed barkskin is compensate of 2x SI and Self healing, ferals not lose a point of survality
    Cyclone's proc is alredy nerfed/removed in 5.2 -5.3
    Roots are stays
    Hibernate wasn't much in use

and SR changed mechanic, no more pre-casting, but you always forced to open from steath, or have to use passive talent which is currently best choice before damage tunning to moonfire talent

so whats left is absolutly same feral u currently have on live, with 1 less utility - symbiosis, through others classes lost also many skills, so don't fucking go whine stance with your conclusion without trying it yourself
    We're losing Barkskin, Might of Ursoc & Symbiosis in exchange for one more charge of SI, definitely a loss. Regarding the "Self healing" we already have that...

Regarding Cyclone he's probably talking about the whole picture as to how Ferals has been changing lately / is about to change thus it makes sense to bring up the last Cyclone nerf. In WoD Cyclone will also DR with Fears and will be bubbleable and MD:able which is all in all a huge nerf.

Roots are staying, but not on PS anymore also Nature's Grasp is gone which you handily forgot to mention - definitely a loss that too.

Hibernate was arguably used quite a lot versus certain matchups (hunters, shamans and other druids) and added quite some depth to the class imo. Although this is probably the spell I'd give up if I had to choose.

Obviously this leads to the spec being dumbed down with the one exception that SI is more skillful to use than Barkskin, but it's still a loss.
    So all in all it's a lot more than you're trying to make it out to be - even if other classes are losing things too this sure as hell makes it look like Feral will be incredibly boring to play.

Off Topic: Instead of calling people 'whiners' with your broken ass English you should chill the fuck out and let other people express their opinions.

On Topic: I have serious concerns for what Feral will be like in WoD. It's already so incredibly boring to play a Feral compared to what it used to be and it feels like you're bringing absolutely nothing to the team, come WoD we'll lose even more abilities that let us 'impact' the game in other ways than just pure damage. I'm really worried for the future of the spec. I 100% agree with this post: http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/25...pinion-honest/ especially the part about your options of altering the game flow as Feral.

Deleted

Off Topic: Instead of calling people 'whiners' with your broken ass English you should chill the fuck out and let other people express their opinions.

On Topic: I have serious concerns for what Feral will be like in WoD. It's already so incredibly boring to play a Feral compared to what it used to be and it feels like you're bringing absolutely nothing to the team, come WoD we'll lose even more abilities that let us 'impact' the game in other ways than just pure damage. I'm really worried for the future of the spec. I 100% agree with this post: http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/25...pinion-honest/ especially the part about your options of altering the game flow as Feral.
    Off topic: Dont waste time on people like that. They will probably not grasp anything thats logic and in the end you will just be irritated with yourself for responding to them in the first place!

On Topic: I have a few concerns too. Mainly the ones ive already discussed in the thread but also the things you are bringing up.
    I just recieved beta so im going to go make a feral and try some stuff out once its downloaded.

It's even more tunnel dmgbot than dk atm and they remove instant entangling roots. You are excited about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryndika View Post
    It's even more tunnel dmgbot than dk atm and they remove instant entangling roots. You are excited about this?
    Exactly. Without meaning full cc we're pretty much stuck with kittycleave like comps.

Deleted
    I agree with the idea that feral is being dumbed down and is becoming boring. The lack of CC reduces depth, what feral will root with a cast time required? It seems to me an unnecessary change. Furthermore i feel as though currently all i bring is bleeds and HoTW to teams. I don't feel feral i feel like a cat that can scratch and then become the healer.

I prefer the idea of hibernate being made a Feral only cyclone replacement that can be cast in form (not while moving), usable on humanoids and with a slightly reduced range. That plus all non tank specs of druid having 1 charge of SI + Barkskin back and we're golden.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gestapo View Post
    I prefer the idea of hibernate being made a Feral only cyclone replacement that can be cast in form (not while moving), usable on humanoids and with a slightly reduced range. That plus all non tank specs of druid having 1 charge of SI + Barkskin back and we're golden.
    Give this man a cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Maekito View Post
    Give this man a cookie.
    The hibernate suggestions was originally brought up by hullaballoo, but I amended it a bit. He suggested a short (maybe 20 yd) range but I think it would need to be around 25 yd to be worthwhile.

As for my idea of trading one charge of SI for barkskin back for non-guardians, I think it's the best solution to keep those specs happy.

makes it look like Feral will be incredibly boring to play.

It's already so incredibly boring to play a Feral compared to what it used to be and it feels like you're bringing absolutely nothing to the team, come WoD we'll lose even more abilities that let us 'impact' the game in other ways than just pure damage. I'm really worried for the future of the spec.
    if it's boring don't play it...simple, reroll, there are 11 classes with 3 spec to go

Quote Originally Posted by Ryndika View Post
    you can instant root with PS proc still

all of you are looking from a prespective of self profit, you don't see overall view of how people are cry out load that there are so many crowd controll abilities in the game, especially instant, hybrids self healing, etc
    I also want to ferals be better then others classes, I want to be godlike, cc to left and right, sry you and me want too much...blizzards are know what to do better, I guess, they are develop game for everyone not only for you

you have constructive suggestion go offical forum/dev's tweets, instead complaining how boring dumb spec will become

- - - Updated - - -

anyway, you would ask are feral squishy on beta and you know what: they are not
    from few weeks I played on beta I don't feel any impact to my defence, feral's place in pvp feels like it currently on live, dmg is abit low, but it won't stop me to stomp 1vs1 or 1vs2, and be able to retreat when situation is becoming shitty

if it's boring don't play it...simple, reroll, there are 11 classes with 3 spec to go

you can instant root with PS proc still
    If Feral has meaningful cc gameplay becomes more compelling. Also, did Blizz confirm that the roots coming back will still be usable while we have PS?

Quote Originally Posted by gestapo View Post
    If Feral has meaningful cc gameplay becomes more compelling. Also, did Blizz confirm that the roots coming back will still be usable while we have PS?
    While I still haven't had a chance to PvP yet with the new push, PS procs light up Entangling Roots... so I hope that means it's a free, instant-cast ability in kitty.

I think something that gets filtered out in terms of CC is Maim, simply because we're used to combo points being affixed to the target instead of the Feral. Being able to change targets mid-combo point generation is a huge improvement in PvP (and PvE), and Maim becomes a lot more meaningful CC due to this. Unlearning live Feral habits, especially with tab-Raking targets, with respect to combo points is definitely hard after all these years... but it certainly strengthens Feral gameplay.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    While I still haven't had a chance to PvP yet with the new push, PS procs light up Entangling Roots... so I hope that means it's a free, instant-cast ability in kitty.
    Currently on beta entanglig roots is instant cast during predatory swiftness while moving and in catform.

So atleast we have that going for us cc-wise (until they decide to remove it again)

rotation is same
    positional requirements ye, but still finger's memory trying to press shred while behind
    faster ramp yes
    too much self healing good for us , not for others
    from losing cc missing roots alot, cyclone I removed from keybinds already in current mop patch, too much interrupts
    I believe he's referring to bleed snapshotting? In that sense, the "rotation" is less complex.