Soundcard - Z77X D3H

So I was told that I need a soundcard to fix my mic doing a hissing kind of sound whenever I'm playing a game and figured that I might aswell get one that is actually better than the onboard card.

So what I'm looking for is a soundcard within a 70€ budget which is better than the onboard soundcard on my MoBo.

Thanks.

Deleted
    ASUS XONAR DGX

Alternative link if the first one is not available:

http://www.prisjakt.nu/produkt.php?p=1192439

And this will outperform the onboard sound card? The price was so low so don't judge me for being skeptical as I've read that cheap sound cards can be really crap.

Have you tried uninstalling the motherboard and/or via drivers then use the windows drivers? You might be able to fix mic problem and use your money for something else?

Deleted
    Your sound is only going to be as good as your weakest link. The sound card will fix the low quality onboard. The Z77X D3H is only an VIA VT2021 codec. Newer Z97 boards with isolated sound and Realtek 1150 is pretty decent.

Asus Xonar DGX Review

Xonar DGX comparison with 1150:

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Have you tried uninstalling the motherboard and/or via drivers then use the windows drivers? You might be able to fix mic problem and use your money for something else?
    Been looking to buy one since I upgraded my computer back in february, now I have a reason to actually get one, and since it's actually cheaper than I thought I'm gonna go ahead and get the ASUS Xonar DGX.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    Been looking to buy one since I upgraded my computer back in february, now I have a reason to actually get one, and since it's actually cheaper than I thought I'm gonna go ahead and get the ASUS Xonar DGX.
    Depends on what you want the soundcard for.
    If you hear a lot of music and have good headphones, I'd invest in an audiophile card like Creative Titanium HD or it's successor ZxR.

If you don't: just get an USB based microphone and be done with it, since there is no more hardware based audio magic these days.

Personally I use the mic of my Logitech C525 webcam since I strongly dislike headsets. The combination with my normal music headphones (DT880) sees to it that no one gets nasty feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Depends on what you want the soundcard for.
    If you hear a lot of music and have good headphones, I'd invest in an audiophile card like Creative Titanium HD or it's successor ZxR.

If you don't: just get an USB based microphone and be done with it, since there is no more hardware based audio magic these days.

Personally I use the mic of my Logitech C525 webcam since I strongly dislike headsets. The combination with my normal music headphones (DT880) sees to it that no one gets nasty feedback.
    Using Sennheisers PC 360 G4ME

And I have spotify running constantly whenever I'm not doing something else like gaming on the PC.
    Last edited by Sez; 2014-07-10 at 01:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Using Sennheisers PC 360 G4ME
    With HPs like that, I'd thorougly research soundcards AND external DAC/AMP solutions before buying.

I'm afraid 70 bucks won't cut it if you want to actually use the quality of your HPs though.

I'd suggest opening a thread on the Head-Fi computer audio forums.
    They helped me back in the day.

My soundcard BTW: http://www.amazon.de/Creative-Blaste.../dp/B003RRY3WO
    However it's an audiophile stereo card.
    Not recommended for non optical Surround sets.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2014-07-10 at 01:14 AM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And this will outperform the onboard sound card? The price was so low so don't judge me for being skeptical as I've read that cheap sound cards can be really crap.
    Too cheap for you? hehe... well then, here ya go.
    http://cdon.se/hemelektronik/asus/as...x-ii-p26956032

http://cdon.se/hemelektronik/asus/as...pcie-p20826041

Not sure the conversion, but yeah.

The DGX Notarget linked is essentially a no-frills card that will do what it needs to do, no headphone amp to make omg 600 Ohm headphones happy and no 7.1 for obnoxious audio setups. Just a nice 5.1 card with a better audio chip than onboard.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    There is a Texas Instruments DRV601 headphone amplifier built into the DGX.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    There is a Texas Instruments DRV601 headphone amplifier built into the DGX.
    Oh, thought that was on a different version from the one you linked. O_o
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water