WOD and the Argent Tournament & Honor Mounts

Hi all,

So - I'm currently farming all the alliance Argent Tournament mounts, and I'm wrapping up getting all the honor mounts.

With the changes to the mount panel coming - and mounts being counted at least as account-wide : Are the AG & Honor mounts converting, or is there, say, a War Elekk listed AND a Warstrider listed? Will the Elekk count for both horde and alliance, or just horde? And the tournament mounts - is there a Swift Gray Steed listed AND a Swift Burgundy Wolf listed, for example?

(Basically, do I need to start farming the AT and Honor mounts on my Blood Elf hunter in addition to my lock?)

Deleted
    the honor mounts do convert into their respective counterparts, the AG don't as far as I know
    I think you need to farm some of those mounts yeah
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2014-09-06 at 07:14 AM.

Deleted
    Nothing changes in WoD for mounts. Its only UI change that shows all mounts instead of showing mounts available to your character.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Nothing changes in WoD for mounts. Its only UI change that shows all mounts instead of showing mounts available to your character.
    Which should, in turn, trigger the mount collecting achievements sooner than they will now? I've seen this stated, but it would be nice for definite confirmation, I'm missing the horde AT mounts.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EviForums View Post
    Which should, in turn, trigger the mount collecting achievements sooner than they will now? I've seen this stated, but it would be nice for definite confirmation, I'm missing the horde AT mounts.
    It won't trigger anything faster, the only thing it will do is show up in the ui as having it on the account. It would be beyond asinine for them to add a 250 mount achievement when between both factions you will be able to collect almost 400, more than 250 of which may as well be handed out based on price or actual effort in obtaining them.

All this is doing is acting like how the armory used to be before mount collectors got it changed because it was really derpy, showing both factions mounts on a single character due to having collected them on the account, but still only counting the highest single character on the account for the achievements.
    Last edited by Wilhelm137; 2014-09-06 at 12:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrina View Post
    Hi all,

So - I'm currently farming all the alliance Argent Tournament mounts, and I'm wrapping up getting all the honor mounts.

With the changes to the mount panel coming - and mounts being counted at least as account-wide : Are the AG & Honor mounts converting, or is there, say, a War Elekk listed AND a Warstrider listed? Will the Elekk count for both horde and alliance, or just horde? And the tournament mounts - is there a Swift Gray Steed listed AND a Swift Burgundy Wolf listed, for example?

(Basically, do I need to start farming the AT and Honor mounts on my Blood Elf hunter in addition to my lock?)
    Honor mounts do NOT convert.
    The classic-faction AG mounts do NOT convert. The Sunreaver/Windrunner mounts DO convert.
    In addition, the classic-faction ground mounts do NOT convert. (Rams/Horses/Elleks/Striders/Tigers)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Thanks all, for the information

It's more of a completionist thing than anything, I know - so I'll be doing it eventually. But there have been so many rumors about stuff that I wanted to double check

10+ Year Old Account
    So if I did my math right, I need 975 seals for all the Horde mounts, and then another 975 seals for all the Alliance mounts? And then 440 seals for all the pets?
    Wow that is allot of dailies...... How many seals do we get daily? That is if you dont take the writ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    So if I did my math right, I need 975 seals for all the Horde mounts, and then another 975 seals for all the Alliance mounts? And then 440 seals for all the pets?
    Wow that is allot of dailies...... How many seals do we get daily? That is if you dont take the writ?
    I think 12 per day. And 3 more if you do the dungeon, although it's still a pain to do with the vehicles. Also if you got a paladin you need 100 more seals for the extra mount (which I'm doing right now).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    I think 12 per day. And 3 more if you do the dungeon, although it's still a pain to do with the vehicles. Also if you got a paladin you need 100 more seals for the extra mount (which I'm doing right now).
    You can get 17 per day.

Quoted from Wowhead: It is possible to gain a maximum of 17 Champion's Seal per day, provided you have unlocked and complete all available daily quests, select the Champion's Purse reward at 1 Champion's Seal per, and clear Heroic Trial of the Champion for 3 more.

From the Argent Tournament:
    the Argent Warhorse,
    Argent Hippogryph,
    and Silver Covenant Hippogryph/Sunreaver Hawkstrider

only need to be gotten once, they are faction-wide and account-wide. The rest need to be farmed on both sides if you want to have all of them on your account.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

10+ Year Old Account
    So that is 4 mounts that you only need to buy 2 of?
    Well I am currently getting 12 seals a day so it will take me 78 days for the mounts on my horde char.... wow that is a grind lol

Eh... I just faction changed and even though I was exalted with Silver Covenant I was only honored with Sunreaver after the change.. so I have to regrind the rep and refarm seals.. it's pretty dumb