Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    I would take it with the GM personaly, insted of in /g chat, just explain to him that you want to progress further, and you do believe there is people in the current raid team that is holding you back. No need to name and shame or anything.

Then after clearing it with him, do a friendly "I have been accepted to a new guild, wich I think will suit my skill and desire to progress, more than this guild, I wish you all best luck in further raiding and see you around!", as you can always raid with and alt or something with them if its needed, and its fits your scheduel. Thats atleast how I did it, though I never talked to anyone of them again.

See it as quitting a job because you got accepted to a new job with better pay and/or workhours.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

like others have said, if they are any form of serious they should abandom long term players. You are raiding for a reason, if the gm doesnt do that, hes a bad gm. If they do not have the intention to be serious and you are, just tell them and leave. You are paying for the game, you have goals, follow them. Dont get held back by some baddy gm playing the friend politics game

Bid farewell and GQuit? This is a game not real life.

If the truth is that you think you are too good for the guild, then telling them the truth up front is being a douche.

So don't do that.

If the GM or officers want "young blood" to replace the "old slackers" you would already know that.

Just tell them you want to be in a guild that is progressing faster, and move on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nevalus View Post
    like others have said, if they are any form of serious they should abandom long term players. You are raiding for a reason, if the gm doesnt do that, hes a bad gm. If they do not have the intention to be serious and you are, just tell them and leave. You are paying for the game, you have goals, follow them. Dont get held back by some baddy gm playing the friend politics game
    Bwahahaha people who play the game to be "serious" about it are a tiny fraction of the population. If you are "serious" about raiding then you need to bear that in mind.

Just tell them you are leaving and give them your reasons why.

I know it seems bad because you'd still be on the same realm as your current guild, but believe me when I say no one will care in a few months time.

Do you know how many times I was worried about leaving on a bad note and not wanting to seem like a douche, only to have that guild literally fall to pieces in the next expansion or the next raid tier? Or to have the members whose feelings I was worried about hurting, quit the game altogether?

I know everyone likes to think of themselves as caring individuals, and I believe that many of us are. But at the end of the day, we all play this game for ourselves and there's no point in denying it. Do what you have to do to find happiness or I promise you, you'll regret it.

Your old guildies will get over it. It's not like your choice will have any affect whatsoever on their real lives.
    Last edited by OneSent; 2014-07-30 at 06:37 AM.

Deleted
    Leave when no one is online.

Is there a way you can help out these players instead of abandoning them? I know that's what I would do.

10+ Year Old Account
    "On a boat, there is /gkick and /gquit. If /gkick jumps off the boat, who stays in? and you just reply saying: "I answer first".

Just accept the confirmation box and everyone will think you just fell to your own trap while you just left the guild with style!
    Last edited by Ogait; 2014-07-30 at 12:53 PM.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cousin View Post
    I'm on an 8/14hc guild atm and I really like my guild. However, some people are just terrible and are stalling our progress but since they've been part of the core team for several years, the guild leader isn't going to replace them. I've applied to a new and more suitable guild and been accepted as a trial. Unfortunately, this guild is on the same realm and my current one so I can't do the immature "just say goodbye and transfer" move that I've relied on earlier. So how do I leave my current guid without coming off as a douche? Do I tell them the truth? I've only been a part of the guild for 3 months, so do I owe them a reason for leaving? I'm really anxious about this situation and would appreciate you sharing your experiences with people leaving your guild and vice-versa.
    Leave without trying to make other people feel like shit, for one thing. There is absolutely nothing to be accomplished by saying "I'm switching guilds because some of you suck" besides making yourself look like a complete asshole.

A guild is not a contract, let them know that you've simply decided to try another one and that you wish them well. Simple as that.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    Call your guild mates
    It's time you had the talk
    Give your reasons
    Say it's not their fault
    But you just met somebody new

Tell them not to get obsessed, second-guessing everything you said and done
    And then when they get upset tell them how you never meant to hurt no one

Then you tell them that the only way their heart will mend is when they learn to love again
    And it won't make sense right now but you're still their friend
    And then you let them down easy.

By being open and honest with them. If they can't respect that then that is their problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I had a similar situation where I wanted to leave but I wasn't sure how to go about it. We progressed just fine and all but the RL was hellbent on me playing a very specific class and never let me gear up any of my alts in fear I would change mains.

Quote Originally Posted by cousin View Post
    I'm on an 8/14hc guild atm and I really like my guild. However, some people are just terrible and are stalling our progress but since they've been part of the core team for several years, the guild leader isn't going to replace them. I've applied to a new and more suitable guild and been accepted as a trial. Unfortunately, this guild is on the same realm and my current one so I can't do the immature "just say goodbye and transfer" move that I've relied on earlier. So how do I leave my current guid without coming off as a douche? Do I tell them the truth? I've only been a part of the guild for 3 months, so do I owe them a reason for leaving? I'm really anxious about this situation and would appreciate you sharing your experiences with people leaving your guild and vice-versa.
    Why did you join the guild in the first place, they didn't explain the situation to you? I suspect you see a guild with better progression and that is why, plain and simple. Not saying you are wrong, just saying you could possibly be an asshole.
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **