Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larsardion View Post
    I'm loving these responses! Looks like I'll definitely be joining your guys' ranks when I resub for WoD, hopefully you'll like my sacrifice and accept me into your circle
    Welcome to the club, I don't think you'll be disappointed. I know professions are going to be changing in WOD but as it stands right now go with engineering for the speed burst, since DKs have very low mobility every bit helps.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Atonement View Post
    and unholy feels like a freaking epic warlock warrior necromancer overlord that recks just about everything in pvp.
    That's the reason I need to practice my Unholy, I'm terrible at melee PVP (tend to heal in BGs) and always get frustrated playing unholy but I need to put that effort in and finally learn it because they do shell out massive DPS.

2h frost really does feel strong with those obliterate crits, seeing those big numbers is a lot of fun. Unfortunately it does start to fall behind in dps at the higher gear levels, but for now you'll be good, and you can always try out duel wield or unholy. Unholy is fun too, but the damage is more spread out between your diseases and your pet so you may not feel as powerful without those big hits.

Quote Originally Posted by dryankem View Post
    Welcome to the club, I don't think you'll be disappointed. I know professions are going to be changing in WOD but as it stands right now go with engineering for the speed burst, since DKs have very low mobility every bit helps.

- - - Updated - - -

That's the reason I need to practice my Unholy, I'm terrible at melee PVP (tend to heal in BGs) and always get frustrated playing unholy but I need to put that effort in and finally learn it because they do shell out massive DPS.
    Unholy in pvp is a very unique niche because not only do you do really good spread DoT damage your real source of damage comes from necrotic strikes preventing healing on your target. Its a pressure AND high damage spec (once you are geared), its really fun. Dumping 6 necrotics on a kill target and watching healers attempt to keep him alive... good times!
    Too bad they're removing necrotic strike in WoD :-(

10+ Year Old Account
    Does DK feel powerful?

So far it's the only class I've ever been able to main and want to keep maining it. I feel invincible when I tank. I feel like a whirlwind of frosty death when I dps. DK for life!

i'd say frost feels strong due to instacrit procs. while in actuality if you want high dps you'd be a caster :/

10+ Year Old Account
    ITT: People who raid on DKS at higher levels and understand how math/sims/balance etc work, and know how weak DKs are

AND

People who enjoy a class for its flavor, style, and the like. People who don't need the balance, but argue that DKs are strong.

It happens all the time.

DKs aren't strong, I'd say middle of the pack at best. But they aren't worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by scabobos View Post
    DKs aren't strong, I'd say middle of the pack at best. But they aren't worthless.
    I love DKs, I play a DK but the cold hard fact is if you have 25 equally skilled and geared players the only one you'd take a DK over is a Ret pally (or in the case of a frost DK an Unholy DK).

Which is sad and makes me sad but that's just the rub for SoO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    I love DKs, I play a DK but the cold hard fact is if you have 25 equally skilled and geared players the only one you'd take a DK over is a Ret pally (or in the case of a frost DK an Unholy DK).

Which is sad and makes me sad but that's just the rub for SoO.
    Thing is, if you need a DK for grip/AMZ, you'll probably bring a frost DK over a UH DK, except maybe garrosh (depending where you need damage).

Frost is better for things like mines on Siegecrafter, or breaking people out of MC on garrosh, or intermission phase 1 on garrosh. UH brings more damage, but it's not only about damage.

So that sucks.

I swapped my DK to UH gearing today. I still bring him in to fights I don't need gear off on my warrior, like Norsh/siegecrafter/thok.

A lot of ppl comparing DPS here. I think the OP was more concerned about the intangible, physical strength associated with the class. More of an RP question than a question about numbers i think.

imo the warrior is the physically stronger of the two classes. Warrior focuses purely on his strength and might to defeat his foes, whereas the DK uses a lot of magic, so I'd cast my vote for warrior. Especially with heroic leap, u feel like the Hulk. In terms of overall feeling of "power". I'd say they are about equal.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2014-07-12 at 05:29 PM.

big Obliterate crits makes me feel powerful so I will say yes here.
    Nyaaaa~

I love the flavor and feel of Death Knights, I enjoy Dual Wielding especially, and honestly find Unholy and Blood to be incredibly enjoyable as well.

I'm on the lower end of my guild's DPS since most of us are nearing full HC WF or HCWF best in slot, but I still love every minute of it and wouldn't trade it for the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatsh View Post
    I love the flavor and feel of Death Knights, I enjoy Dual Wielding especially, and honestly find Unholy and Blood to be incredibly enjoyable as well.

I'm on the lower end of my guild's DPS since most of us are nearing full HC WF or HCWF best in slot, but I still love every minute of it and wouldn't trade it for the world.
    The main thing I disliked about FDK (asides from the scaling) is that there is so little to gain from proper play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bormes View Post
    A lot of ppl comparing DPS here. I think the OP was more concerned about the intangible, physical strength associated with the class. More of an RP question than a question about numbers i think.

imo the warrior is the physically stronger of the two classes. Warrior focuses purely on his strength and might to defeat his foes, whereas the DK uses a lot of magic, so I'd cast my vote for warrior. Especially with heroic leap, u feel like the Hulk. In terms of overall feeling of "power". I'd say they are about equal.
    I'd agree that the warrior in concept is the physically stronger of the 2 classes as they are pure strength and do nothing but physical attacks but in game (IMO) 2h frost obliterates just make it fell like a truck where I don't get the feeling from the warrior. I do find heroic leap extremely cool, so is charge and wielding 2 2handers is awesome but I don't feel that same hulk smash than I do with those obliterates.
    Last edited by dryankem; 2014-07-18 at 01:47 PM.

Since I can't really comment on high level, BiS-esque gear level play for anything, I won't, but I don't think that's what OP is asking. But I think I can help him get the answer he's looking for. OP isn't doing heroic raids. OP is wondering what feels stronger.

I've got a warrior who I've played as Arms and Fury with around 510 ilvl and it's AWFUL. Like, so awful that it was my 2nd level 90 out of 6, and it remains my lowest ilvl 90 because whenever I try to pick it up again, it feels weak. From cata when Arms hit like a truck, the changes they made in MoP now makes Arms feel like it's slapping you with a wet noodle. I know Fury is amazing in 560+ ilvl etc. etc., we all get that, but Christ does it feel crap to play when you're gearing it up. I'll log it on, try a dungeon, throw my hands up in despair at how weak I feel then go play my DK some more.

Used my boost on a frost DK and I love it to pieces. Currently playing 2h, and it feels SO strong. Only sitting around 535 ilvl at the moment, but it's felt great from 483 in boost-greens all the way until where I am now (just replaced my last green today). The play-style is the same the whole way through, unlike Fury where you go from waiting on procs and tearing your hair out at low ilvl to winning at life in best-in-slot. I'm in lowish gear, using a lower dps weapon set up (not sure at what ilvl DW overtakes 2h or if it's always ahead?), and I have zero complaints because I FEEL like I'm winning even if the meters say otherwise (but they usually don't).

TL-DR - currently, warriors are stronger at high gear levels, but that means nothing if you can't get motivated, and even come to dislike the class when it's weak. Go DK. But who knows what the future holds for us in WoD? PS - this is all PvE perspective. I always feel weak in PvP no matter what class I'm playing :'D