Page 1 of 2
LastLast

When is the pre-expansion event?

Before Cata, there was that elemental invasion, before Mists there was the Theramore tabard that you could get. It seems like I stop playing the month or so that they do them. When will they do the one for WoD? When will it be?
    Leveling up a mage is like being Irish: drinking, fighting, drinking, fighting, drinking, fighting.

Deleted
    My guess is 2-3 months before the expansion's release. So that's September or October

I don't know, but they have yet to top the WotLK launch event. I want something cool again, please.

Deleted
    No words on when they will happen, but isn't it usually about two months before expansion release?

And i think they said that the pre-launch event will be the portal turning red and orcs coming out of it, much like the event before TBC came out

Deleted
    Sorry if I'm rude, but how are we supposed to know? It'll happen shortly before the expansion releases. No one knows when the expansion will release either, so you're left with whatever people guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Araxie View Post
    I don't know, but they have yet to top the WotLK launch event. I want something cool again, please.
    Unfortunately nothing like that will ever happen egain after all that QQ ... *sigh*

I was on an RP Server during that event, it was the best thing that has ever happened there. Paladins and Priests were building refugee camps inside the cathedral with priests cleansings and healing while the paladins were standing outside guarding the entrance against the ghuls.
    Highlevel chars were protecting the lowlevel ones inside these camps and roleplay happened out of nowhere even from people who had no idea about that.

Even as Ghuls you did that, you geathered around tried to get into the cathedral or buterching everything else including every npc, it was awesome.

It felt real, it felt great.
    I miss that event so much.

Getting something like the memento would be pretty cool
    Leveling up a mage is like being Irish: drinking, fighting, drinking, fighting, drinking, fighting.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably a month or so before the release of the expansion, whenever that my occur. I would be more concerned with when the expansion is going to come out and what content we are going to have in the finally product, then a very short lived event before the expansion drops. If they keep having to take several days to get the next stable beta build out they are going to be down to crunch time and will be removing all sorts of items that don't work properly. I think they have bigger fish to fry right now, then worrying about an event that will probably at best last a few weeks to a month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Chalupa View Post
    Before Cata, there was that elemental invasion, before Mists there was the Theramore tabard that you could get. It seems like I stop playing the month or so that they do them. When will they do the one for WoD? When will it be?
    We need another 4290 of these "when will it come" threads before it will happen.. keep em coming folks!!.

Bliz has said the event will run for about 4-6 weeks, They commonly announce the release date 2 months before release therefore 2-4 weeks after the announcement of the release date you should be in the launch event.

Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    Unfortunately nothing like that will ever happen egain after all that QQ ... *sigh*

I was on an RP Server during that event, it was the best thing that has ever happened there. Paladins and Priests were building refugee camps inside the cathedral with priests cleansings and healing while the paladins were standing outside guarding the entrance against the ghuls.
    Highlevel chars were protecting the lowlevel ones inside these camps and roleplay happened out of nowhere even from people who had no idea about that.

Even as Ghuls you did that, you geathered around tried to get into the cathedral or buterching everything else including every npc, it was awesome.

WotLK event would have been great if many players didn't use it exclusively to harass lowbies and prevent them from enjoying the game in any form. For a lot of players, they simply quit playing during the event entirely.

I'll admit it was fun, but to a large extent it was fun at the cost of others enjoyment. That's poor design. I'd love another WotLK event like that that didn't allow players to grief, and only involved participation if you chose to be a part of it.

Deleted
    Forget it. Whenever we have something cool like that, people complain that it interferes with their game.

That's why the WoD Pre-launch event will consist of an NPC hidden behind the Dark Portal, that you can talk to to hear a short story. That's it.

At any rate, I'd assume this event will begin in roughly 2 months.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    WotLK event would have been great if many players didn't use it exclusively to harass lowbies and prevent them from enjoying the game in any form. For a lot of players, they simply quit playing during the event entirely.

I'll admit it was fun, but to a large extent it was fun at the cost of others enjoyment. That's poor design. I'd love another WotLK event like that that didn't allow players to grief, and only involved participation if you chose to be a part of it.
    If you could have chosen to be part of it, it would not have been that awesome or threatening. The whole event would have been worse.
    But well it is propably an RP Server only thing because like I have said, we have built protection camps for lowbies who were involved in the roleplay and the occouring apolcalypse in a very imaginative way.

Our Paladins, Priests and Warriors were guarding these camps 24/7 extremely successfull and everyone had fun there.
    In fact the only poeple on my sever (RP Server!) who had no fun were hardcore non-rpler who used to grief rpers through all the year and have then been payed back. They were the only ones who complained about not being able to use the auction house and banks while every other had fun with rp and with the event.

Live can be a bitch sometimes I guess.

Everyone else tried to participate into this event and most of them (Those who had never done roleplay) said it was their greatest experience in WoW.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    Forget it. Whenever we have something cool like that, people complain that it interferes with their game.

That's why the WoD Pre-launch event will consist of an NPC hidden behind the Dark Portal, that you can talk to to hear a short story. That's it.
    Nah, there will just be a sign tacked on to the portal with an amazon link to buy their latest shit novel to get what should be experienced in-game.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustweaver View Post
    Nah, there will just be a sign tacked on to the portal with an amazon link to buy their latest shit novel to get what should be experienced in-game.
    Give me a break. Are you also going to cry about the story in the Warcraft movie not being "playable" or viewable in WoW? Just because you choose to not read doesn't mean that Blizzard can not commission novels to be written. Most of the time they use the novels to expand on events in the game, like the destruction of Theramore. If they were to try to tell or show that WHOLE story in game most people, like you I assume, would just skip it anyways or complain that it was TL : DR.

The novels sell very well and most of them are pretty good and entertaining books.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Chalupa View Post
    They changed their minds. They are waiting for feedback from Alpha/Beta before voting on whether or not to have a launch event. The launch event may even be delayed until 6.1.

*Edit - This is intended as humor.
    Last edited by -Superman-; 2014-07-15 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    They changed their minds. They are waiting for feedback from Alpha/Beta before voting on whether or not to have a launch event. The launch event may even be delayed until 6.1.
    What? Really??? No, seriously, is this for real or is this sarcasm (sorry, I had too much forum perhaps)? I must have missed this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    What? Really??? No, seriously, is this for real or is this sarcasm (sorry, I had too much forum perhaps)? I must have missed this.
    It is sarcasm, if you read his post history you will know why.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post

I loved it. When we got turned into ghouls we made a huge raid and attacked the major cities. A hell of a lot of fun!