Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Artcraft - Son of Exodar - Male Draenei Character Model, Heart of the Valorous Buff

Artcraft - Son of Exodar - New Male Draenei Character Model
    This model showed up in Build 18471, along with the Undead Male, Night Elf Female, and in progress Human Female model.

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Welcome once again to Artcraft! I’m Chris Robinson, art director of World of Warcraft. This Artcraft is another quick one, but still packed with goodies. Today we’re showing you our work on the male Draenei. The original was one of the better character models in the game, so it didn’t require a ton of translation—but with higher-resolution textures and more polygons to work with, we were able to bump up his fidelity quite a bit, as well as improve how we convey emotion through a new animation rig.

That’s all for now—thanks again for continuing to follow along as we develop these updated character models. See you next time!

Heart of the Valorous Buff This Weekend
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Beginning Friday, July 11 at 9:00 a.m. PDT, through Monday, July 14 at 9:00 a.m. PDT, we’ll be applying the Heart of the Valorous buff which will increase the rate of Valor Point gains an additional 100%. Don’t wait to get in on the action!

Last edited by chaud; 2014-07-11 at 12:12 AM.

Hmmm, seems like an improvement to me.

I like how the muscles are more contoured and visible. The hands...well, I don't like the hands on most of the models (too huge!). The tentacles...eh never liked them, but they seem kind of "off" to me.

I wish they would have included some animations of the new emotes.

Tentacles definitely need more work, don't match in color or quality, look really odd being so stiff with the much higher detail facial animations.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Everything looks fantastic, other than the tentacles - they look like there's still a bit of work to be done on them. Once that's done they'll look perfect.

Deleted
    The model was un-officially revealed earlier,so I suppose they just formally put him into an Artcraft article now.
    Don't know what's with the mismatched tentacles,but overall,its great work!

Not sure what the point of that one was, honestly. We've seen it, and it's horribly buggy tentacles make it look kind of shoddy. Plus they didn't have anything of particular interest to SAY about the new model. Kind of a wasted effort, honestly?

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    Not sure what the point of that one was, honestly. We've seen it, and it's horribly buggy tentacles make it look kind of shoddy. Plus they didn't have anything of particular interest to SAY about the new model. Kind of a wasted effort, honestly?
    Chris is dealing with a tendon injury, can't type much

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has been playing these love games too much with these buffs. And we already saw the male draeni, bring on the belfs!

Everything looks too attached. The tentacles should be more seamless and less glued on.

Alright so Draenei skins get released before a single troll skin? What the hell is this madness??!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I will be even more beautiful in Warlords.

Also, it's hilarious that the pictures are named space_goat...

Needs more female spacegoat. I need to know if the waggle is intact!

10+ Year Old Account
    Those veins

Deleted
    WTB neck and bigger head

"Don’t wait to get in on the action! But you can't do it now! So technically you have to wait!"

Deleted
    At least we know the Draenei don't skip leg day

The hands look bad, there is a serious lack of wrist there.
    Also the already mentioned tentacles, could use some more life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I have to say the new tentacles look REALLY whacky. I hope they can improve on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceroluthor View Post
    Alright so Draenei skins get released before a single troll skin? What the hell is this madness??!!!!!!
    Draenei are pretty core to Draenor, and trolls are not. What did you expect?