Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    No thanks, wouldn't be something for me.

I am happy with my 3 month subscription.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

$200 for a lifetime sub? thats $20 more than a 1 year sub, are you people crazy? For blizz to actually offer this it would probably have to be at least in $600 imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Forumchibi View Post
    Yes, but depending on your playstyle, F2P is a far worse scenario for many people. It would be free to play the bare minimum. Based on many of the other games I play, I could see it going like this:

*blah blah*
    I've played the three biggest F2P games in North America and none of them are even remotely that restrictive or expensive. But hey, it's MMO-C. Hyperbole and just being generally full of shit are to be expected by Blizz haters.

If it would have been available at release? Sure. Nowadays? Not really.

Depends How much it would cost, and how long WoW would last for

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    As I said...people will find a fault with anything. Obviously if you know you are the kind of guy who unsubs every 3-6 months, don't buy an Annual Pass. If you do...man up and blame yourself
    That is not what you said nor was it the point of my post, the reasons as to why some were happy with the annual pass and others were not have been done to death and both sides have equally opinions. I wish I could say it was surprising that rather than admit to misrepresenting the facts you are now trying to manipulate what I posted into something I did not say. In your own words "man up and blame yourself"

Maybe, but for no more than 200$. I have already been subbed for 7 - 8 years with very few breaks. If they were to offer a lifetime sub, people who have been subbed for years should get a significant discount.

Deleted
    I would have bought such a sub in a heartbeat back in Wrath. The game is no longer the game it was in Wrath (duh), so nowadays I would never do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I would have bought such a sub in a heartbeat back in Wrath. The game is no longer the game it was in Wrath (duh), so nowadays I would never do it.
    The game is still pretty much the same game, but you and me.. we're not.

Quote Originally Posted by nexellent View Post
    $200 for a lifetime sub? thats $20 more than a 1 year sub, are you people crazy? For blizz to actually offer this it would probably have to be at least in $600 imo.
    I would say between 600-1.5k is what they could ask - prob more towards the latter. Had to say a definitive price since we dont know when the game will end. Lets just say there are 10 years left, would you pay for 6 years upfront to get 4 free right now?

Would give them a shit ton of cash onhand, who knows what they could do with that much money upfront going forward.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    I would say between 600-1.5k is what they could ask - prob more towards the latter. Had to say a definitive price since we dont know when the game will end. Lets just say there are 10 years left, would you pay for 6 years upfront to get 4 free right now?

Would give them a shit ton of cash onhand, who knows what they could do with that much money upfront going forward.
    Who in their right mind would pay between 600-1500 for a game?

They already have shit tons of cash on hand most of which they do not spend on the game why do you think it would be any different if people paid upfront?

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Who in their right mind would pay between 600-1500 for a game?

They already have shit tons of cash on hand most of which they do not spend on the game why do you think it would be any different if people paid upfront?
    while 1500 sounds like a lot, 1500/15$=100months/12=8.3 years of sub. if wow goes for another 10 years, which is entirely feasible you would be saving money in the long run. Not to mention if there are perks added to doing a lifetime sub.

as for the economics who knows what they could do with the extra money. Its just a fun thought to entertain is all.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Deleted
    for 200 i would deffo do it, it seems too good to be true lol

blizzard already has a plan for "lifetime" subscriptions.

its odd how often i get the opportunity to post this image here.

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    while 1500 sounds like a lot, 1500/15$=100months/12=8.3 years of sub. if wow goes for another 10 years, which is entirely feasible you would be saving money in the long run. Not to mention if there are perks added to doing a lifetime sub.

as for the economics who knows what they could do with the extra money. Its just a fun thought to entertain is all.
    $1500 doesn't just sound a lot, it is a lot. You can get a decent holiday, pay a couple of months rent, put a deposit on car, even buy a car for the same or less. Seriously stop and think about what you are suggesting, even the most ardent WOW fan would be an idiot to hand over $1500 to play a game that has no guarantee of existing in ten years time.

Yeah, who knows?!? I'm willing to bet they would do exactly the same with the extra money as they do with all the money they get now and I suspect that with eight years' worth of sub money in their bank account they would be even less inclined to improve the game.

Definitely not. My GF insists she would, but you never know when the game will go to garbage..and if we di dthat woudln't it give them incentive to not work as hard?

7+ Year Old Account
    If it saves me from constantly having to make sure it's taken care of then absolutely I would!!!

There is no way Blizzard would ever do that.

I would say yes but on the other hand sub numbers are what keep blizzard "in line" so to speak. If sub numbers hit a all time low during X expansion they know they went wrong somewhere and look for feedback I would assume, So in a world without sub numbers or reduced sub numbers blizzard could put out just about any content they want and tell the guys who bought a lifetime sub to suck it where someone paying a monthly fee can continue to vote with their wallet.
    Check out my livestream and follow me on twitter.
    /
    I Livestream and do giveaways.

Now ? No.

Few years ago sure.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"