Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Coincidentally at the same time that they were planning out hte item squish.

Funny, that.
    Yeah, I do believe they decided to go all out because the item squish was coming anyway, but hey, at least they did sorta admit it when ToT hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Coincidentally at the same time that they were planning out hte item squish.

Funny, that.
    Items will go up exponentially in WoD too, but because they start out from much smaller numbers the initial growth will be slower. In two expansions it'll go up again as fast as in MoP and need to be squished again. Nothing really they can do about it with four difficulty levels and meaningful difference between those.

Quote Originally Posted by eem5 View Post
    Yep, however the rate of change at ilvl 540+ is way faster then the equivalent rate of change in prior expansions, despite those expansions also using an exponential curve.
    That's exactly how exponential curve works. Each point of item level gives bigger and bigger and bigger boost. Eventually, when ilevel gets big enough, a difference of one point might double your damage output. This was one of the major reasons behind the stat squish - to "reset" the curve to a more appropriate place.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Meanwhile heroic raiders still ran LFR for gear. WoD is taking steps to resolve that beyond making the gap even larger. Blizzard is done with the experiment of shoving raiders into LFR just as they tried to shove everyone into dailies. If the developers will be successful is yet to be seen, but heroic raiders might run Challenge modes instead unless there is an OP gear piece from LFR. Oh and expect "mythic" raiders to run normal and heroic raid difficulties due to split lockouts because apparently being Mythic capable makes you a no-lifer.
    We plan to run Mythic once it is released with no plans to do normal or heroic. It will not be required of our raiders.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    yep it's ridicilous

I was hoping the squish would fix this and we'd finally get reasonable numbers again. but alas blizzard these days is incompetent.
    Tank hp is purposefully high for PvE boss mechanics and hp will be higher in general because they reduced dmg significantly and removed resilience.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    All tiers have followed the 13 ilvl rule actually.
    Can't speak for LFR though.
    T14 496
    T15 522
    T16 553

That is a 26 ilvl jump from 14-15 and a 31 ilvl jump from 15-16.

Quote Originally Posted by freighttrain View Post
    T14 496
    T15 522
    T16 553

That is a 26 ilvl jump from 14-15 and a 31 ilvl jump from 15-16.
    You're not figuring in Heroic mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyyn View Post
    I think by retarded he meant how huge it was.
    In which case the word retarded was entirely misused, as an exponential increase has nothing to do with a deficit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    have LFR and flex tier N+1 loot be lower ilvl than normal tier N loot. Problem solved.

It's called exponential stat growth. WoW has always been about exponential stat increases rather than linear due to the fact that Blizzard wants you to feel more powerful with each level of gear. It was only a matter of time before the exponential growth started giving us ridiculous rises in the numbers.

Also, Warforged and adding two additional raid difficulties didn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    Yes, that's what exponential increase means. That the increase get faster and faster.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=x%5E2
    That's not exponential.

In topic, exponential growth cannot be avoided:
    Suppose you're 500 ilvl, and you do 100k dps.
    Now you upgrade a couple of pieces, and you get to 510 ilvl and you're dps gets to 120k dps. An increase of 10ilvl increased your dps by 20k (20% increase).
    Now you upgrade a couple of pieces, and you get to 520 ilvl. If scaling was linear you would do 140k dps: even if you have upgraded your gear by 10lvl as before, this is a 16% increase, and it's smaller than the first one. To make the upgrade meaningful you want to do upgrade your dps by 20%, it becomes then 144k.
    Now you get to 530 ilvl, and using our 10 ilvl = 20% more dps rule we get 172k dps.
    Now you get to 540 ilvl, and using our 10 ilvl = 20% more dps rule we get 207k dps, and so on.

If this was the actual formula your dps would be along the lines of 1.20^((ilvl+131.5)/10), and that is exponential.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    ah warlords. yea HP is way too high. i was NOT expecting people to be basically playing cataclysm again IE 200k hp....
    i actually dont mind cataclysm levels.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.