Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Raid Dps Problem

Hey Guys ,

long time MMO-Champ lurker here. In recent progression my raid has a pretty big Dps deficit atleast in my eyes. My experience with other classes is very limited and I really can't help our raiders with a in depth analysis of their logs. Therefore i need your help . The log below is from yesterdays Raid from Immerseus to Dark Shamans. Any tips would really be appreciated.

worldoflogs.com/reports/aeafppg7l9cwqe6u/

Thanks in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    TBH with you, if you feel that class X or Y is underperforming you should check their class forums for more in-dept help and more knowledge. And actually unless you die due to an enrage/things not dieing fast enough DPS shouldn't be that big of a concern...

I glimpsed at your Jugger (as close as none-padding fight it can be) logs and your bear tank is only one which seems to be lowish on the DPS side, he should have much better up-times on trash, lacerate and should spam mangle more. The rest of the DPS seems good enough, not stellar, but you know, as long as boss falls, it's all good.

But who do you think is doing bad in your eyes? To whom are you comparing your raiders, world first people or to some who are on same gear level as they are?

As a comparison I'll add our last guild raiding log from Jugger HC as well: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...pe=damage-done
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2014-07-11 at 10:58 AM.

Deleted
    Ah my bad, I should have specified. Any Boss with any bigger movement seems to lower the Dps way more than it should. For example in this log Sha of Pride and Dark Shamans where most of the Dps are lacking quite a bit. Dont get me wrong enrage till now wasnt a huge issue except at Spoils but looking at the following bosses I think we need as much damage as possible and looking at the numbers (if we stay at Sha and Shamans) the Dps on multitarget fights should be rather higher compared to singletarget. Even if u move a bit more and lose some gcds I just dont get it where the DDs are losing so much.

Deleted
    Looks like the Warlocks whoring all of the AoE damage on the blobs on Shamans so I'd only really look at the opening burst cleave. Have no experience with WW or Fearal burst cleave but I know Hunters and Shamans should be relatively close to the lock for the first initial pull cleave.

Nobody looks too terrible on Protectors, it just looks like you've got a good Warlock so the meters look a bit skewed.

Your brewmaster monk needs some reworking. Depending on the straight you guys use, He should be capable of pulling 400k on Fallen protectors(I assume you guys do the stack them tight 24'7 strat most guilds do) I'm 2ilvls higher then Junji, and the lowest my dps reaches on protectors is 260-300k if I'm running with a group that isn't stacking everything.

He straight up stacks socket bonuses doing so by going for agi crit gems, he should be stacking pure crit gems it'll be more beneficial. He should also drop some of his haste, The only reason he should have that much is if he makes a lot of mistakes and he needs to recover, I personally don't have that problem often so I end up at 6k haste due to gear alone(He has a lot of haste on his gear, but reforges away from it, he should try to switch pieces over).

Why he isn't using leg sweep is a mystery to me, Best talent by far for that tier. Honestly for fallen protectors, he should keep xuen, Rushing Jade jacks up alot of energy, and xuen allows for higher burst. He uses breath of fire in his rotation it seems, which tbh I don't think I ever use, Cause in down so I loose out on black out kicks, guards, purify, etc.
    I went to sha of pride, a fight where tanks are almost never off of the boss, so I can easily judge his up time on abilities, and hes constantly dropping shuffle, with only a 55% up time on shuffle. In fact, I don't see any boss here where hes above 60%... That needs to be at least minimal of 80-90%, This downtime is more then likely the result of his use of breath of fire. If hes missing out on these shuffles, imagine how many guards he is lacking when he needs them. And his up time on elusive brew worries me as well. Tbh, this monk needs a lot of work, or he should be replaced.

Low DPS, Not great at keeping all the important stuff up, Prioritizes states that he doesn't need to(Easiest to fix) I'm pretty sure you've more then likely had and issues with him taking too much damage, or being very very spiky.
    Like, Unless hes tanking bottom on Dark Shamans, His gear can easily drop out 300-350k dps on that fight, and burst over a mill(I do it every week)

This is the only person I can give any sort of advice on, but looking at him DPS isn't your only issue it's also tank survivability :P. If you need any tips on how monks should gem/enchant/gear/spec/glyph feel free too look at my armory, its in my description. Also take a look at Riggimonk, who does gear a bit differently then the average monk and aims for stam trinkets, but hes a good tank non-the less, and is blood legions MT/OT :P
    Last edited by Burnick; 2014-07-11 at 11:32 AM.

Deleted
    TBH hes the tank we have we least problems with. I cant think of a lot of progression trys where the tank died. But thanks for your reply I'll send him over here to read up a bit .

And yeah we stack Protectors the whole fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Numar View Post
    TBH hes the tank we have we least problems with. I cant think of a lot of progression trys where the tank died. But thanks for your reply I'll send him over here to read up a bit .
    Thats shocking really with his low up times on things :/ Unless Im some how reading WoL's wrong lol(Highly doubtful, but a possibility WoL isn't hard to read xD). But also you did say "least amount of problems with" which means the issues are there :P You just have another tank whos worse lol. But like I said, his gear he should def be capable of pulling a minial of 50k more on most fights, but if he does everything right easily 100k more.

If need be, Get my into voice communcation with him and I'll try my best to talk him through(I'm english speaking only, and from US so best I can do is give him tips and advice and hope he understands lol)
    Last edited by Burnick; 2014-07-11 at 11:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

And yeah we stack Protectors the whole fight.
    Can you switch characters with the shadow priest and see if you're still number 1?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Mh i dont really remember the bosses pre Malkorok but i dont think he ever died once since we switched to solo bloodrage. The voice chat is a nice offer I'll ask him as soon as he comes online. I have no idea how good his english is tbh. Whatever his answer your given points already help a ton so thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Can you switch characters with the shadow priest and see if you're still number 1?
    I dont expect him to top the meters. And this thread is not about shadows performance in SoO. I'm just thinking about the upcoming bosses and I guess with a little Dps boost on every raidmember we'll have an easier time.

Ah my bad, I should have specified. Any Boss with any bigger movement seems to lower the Dps way more than it should. For example in this log Sha of Pride and Dark Shamans where most of the Dps are lacking quite a bit. Dont get me wrong enrage till now wasnt a huge issue except at Spoils but looking at the following bosses I think we need as much damage as possible and looking at the numbers (if we stay at Sha and Shamans) the Dps on multitarget fights should be rather higher compared to singletarget. Even if u move a bit more and lose some gcds I just dont get it where the DDs are losing so much.
    People have hard time focusing dodging & dpsing at the same time? It should work itself out in time.

spoils enrage is usually due wrong tactic, rather than low dps though.
    otherwise you should be happy that your raid is concentrating on mechanics rather than dpsing, with current gear levels, mechanics is the thing that can wipe you.
    Last edited by theburned; 2014-07-11 at 01:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mh i dont really remember the bosses pre Malkorok but i dont think he ever died once since we switched to solo bloodrage. The voice chat is a nice offer I'll ask him as soon as he comes online. I have no idea how good his english is tbh. Whatever his answer your given points already help a ton so thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont expect him to top the meters. And this thread is not about shadows performance in SoO. I'm just thinking about the upcoming bosses and I guess with a little Dps boost on every raidmember we'll have an easier time.
    I'm implying that maybe he's comparing the other players with his own class, in which case it's about every other classes' performance not actually being sub-par.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Btw, Im not gunna lie. That warlock is carrying hard.

I've got one tip for your monk dps on atleast protectors. Unless you need a lot of direct single target dmg off everyone to get certain units down (i.e. the anguish ), you can do a lot of damage by using Storm, Earth and Fire on the 2 other targets ( the ones you arent directly attacking to transition ), and using Rushing Jade Winds when they are stacked up. You may see it as padding, I personally see it as a way to make the transitions faster ( which is favorable to have Sun at low stacks for her AoE ).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mitbrandir View Post
    I've got one tip for your monk dps on atleast protectors. Unless you need a lot of direct single target dmg off everyone to get certain units down (i.e. the anguish ), you can do a lot of damage by using Storm, Earth and Fire on the 2 other targets ( the ones you arent directly attacking to transition ), and using Rushing Jade Winds when they are stacked up. You may see it as padding, I personally see it as a way to make the transitions faster ( which is favorable to have Sun at low stacks for her AoE ).
    can i transfer this monktalent choice to any multitarget encounter such as spoils?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    I'm implying that maybe he's comparing the other players with his own class, in which case it's about every other classes' performance not actually being sub-par.
    I dont compare other classes to mine (me being the wl). I am well aware that wl is quite strong atm. And no i don't expect the Shadow to top the meters but to be bland I don't think 200k dps in near 580 gear is the optimum or even near it. Maybe im wrong and everything is alright but just in case i wanted some external help cause like I said my own experience on other classes is very limited.
    Last edited by mmoc471bd2cab6; 2014-07-11 at 03:36 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ask your hunter if he/she will go BM and read the Hunter FAQ in the class forums here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Ask your hunter if he/she will go BM and read the Hunter FAQ in the class forums here.
    BM also stronger with HC gear?

BM also stronger with HC gear?
    BM Is amazing and decently better then survival as long as said player knows what they are doing.(Atleast from what Ive heard from a number of heroic raiding hunters).

Also, have your Brewmaster go Twohander if he has a 2hander heroic weapon(perferably Trident from Immerseus) forgot to mention that lol
    Last edited by Burnick; 2014-07-11 at 04:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayati View Post
    BM Is amazing and decently better then survival as long as said player knows what they are doing.(Atleast from what Ive heard from a number of heroic raiding hunters).

Also, have your Brewmaster go Twohander if he has a 2hander heroic weapon(perferably Trident from Immerseus) forgot to mention that lol
    I think he just swapped cause he got the hc wf spoils onehand.

I think he just swapped cause he got the hc wf spoils onehand.
    He should to stick with the two hander triduent heroic, More crit, more Agi, more stam, Just pretty much all around better :P Only weapon I'd replace it for is garroshes staff. He doesn't need the haste from those two one handers.. which is what hes going for, he doesn't need it at all.
    Last edited by Burnick; 2014-07-11 at 05:15 PM.