Deleted

Help our Ele Shamans :)

Hey there,

I need some help with our Elemental Shamans. Both are playing Ele and Resto switching between Bosses depending on lineup etc.. In the following log Shaman #1 Shelby plays Ele on Immerseus, Protectors and Norushen, Shaman #2 Bluemon on Norushen, Sha, Galakras and Dark Shamans. I feel for their gear they are underperforming on some bosses and my knowledge about Shamans in general is very limited so I need some external help.

worldoflogs.com/reports/aeafppg7l9cwqe6u/

Any help or tips on rotation/cdusage/gear/gems etc. would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Numar View Post
    Hey there,

I need some help with our Elemental Shamans. Both are playing Ele and Resto switching between Bosses depending on lineup etc.. In the following log Shaman #1 Shelby plays Ele on Immerseus, Protectors and Norushen, Shaman #2 Bluemon on Norushen, Sha, Galakras and Dark Shamans. I feel for their gear they are underperforming on some bosses and my knowledge about Shamans in general is very limited so I need some external help.

Any help or tips on rotation/cdusage/gear/gems etc. would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    All of the fights you list are terrible for judging peoples performance. Norushen is affected by PoV alot. Protectors is governed by Strategy, Immersius damage will only be high if padding. And galakras and Dark shamans are Aoe fests~

You really want a log from IJ or malk to tell how an ele is doing on their rotation and give actual pointers. Having said that what makes you think theyre low? they seem middling compared to your guild? (they are quite low for their gear levels). Also, please do logs @ warcraftlogs.com instead. It is much easier to navigate and check things to give feedback on.

Quote Originally Posted by desert-wind View Post
    All of the fights you list are terrible for judging peoples performance. Norushen is affected by PoV alot. Protectors is governed by Strategy, Immersius damage will only be high if padding. And galakras and Dark shamans are Aoe fests~

You really want a log from IJ or malk to tell how an ele is doing on their rotation and give actual pointers. Having said that what makes you think theyre low? they seem middling compared to your guild? (they are quite low for their gear levels). Also, please do logs @ warcraftlogs.com instead. It is much easier to navigate and check things to give feedback on.
    100% agree.

Should they be able to do more damage? yes!
    Should bluemon use his tinkers from engineering? definitely!

Recently I went geared up a shaman and frankly this dps is low imo. But that's ok! I've looked at the rest of your raid and it feels like most of you are underperforming. It could be that you guys use super safe tactics, but I assume you're just semi-casual. Take a look at your monk for example. He has a pure hit gem and 2 pure crit gems, this isn't optimal, both should contain agility (hybrids). Also he uses his clones very poorly which can provide insane (REALLY INSANE) dps increases.

Shamans do inherently less dps then others classes in my experience, this leads me to believe that your shamans are on par with the skill level of the rest of your raid. Also don't forget the major dps buff they provide that doesn't get counted towards their own damage done (stormlash).

Hey there,

Thanks in advance
    bluemon is missing the glove enchant from engineering.
    shelby should replace the red gems with int/mastery gems. however not sure what items he/she shares with resto. but at least the ele only items he/she can fix

the log are difficult. as the others said the fights are all bad examples where to see if somebody makes huge mistakes.
    also your warlock is destroying everyone else in aoe and multi target fights.
    sha, galakras and the shamans is a fight where ele should get good results cause of aoe usually.
    but it depends on sha if you got the buff, got in prison or in pacman.
    on galakras it depends if the shaman is in tower group or tower defense grp.

some basic stuff like
    - keep always fs up on at least one target, on protectors you can keep up a second one
    - do always cast
    - don't use earthquake except there are a lot of medium/long living mobs. if your ele is casting eq and the mobs die quick cause of your warlock went crazy eq is just wasted imo. simple cl spam is better.
    - bluemon used ascendance 2 times in a 8 minute fight on shamans. it could be three. I guess he/she is using it for the blobs. I wouldn't do that. cl with glyph is fine for that. so ascendance can be used on the primary target instead. when using cl on the blobs make sure you see their life bars and switch between casting to mobs with higher life or else a lot of casts abort cause the target is dead.
    - take a look in this thread http://www.totemspot.com/vb/showthread.php?t=7097 to get information/recommendations of good talent choices for each boss
    - use pre pot and an additional one in fight
    - good cd management

Deleted
    Thanks guys. I'll add a Malkorok log. And yeah I kinda feel that most dps are underperforming I can't really say anything about tank/heal aslong as they stay/alive keep the raid up I cant complain :X. I added these logs cause the fights where at least some dps perform significantly better are the single target ones jugg/malkorok. So I concluded that the problem lies within multitarget or heavy movement encounters. Tbh I try to gather as much information for every class not just the shamans to help them with their performance. For some like Bluemon I'm searching for errors in the general rotation and or cd-usage the dps seems really low compared to ilvl. Others like Shelby perform ok on the one boss and meh on the other. Don't really know where the mistakes are made there I just dont know enough about Ele to read the logs.

Following log contains Nazgrim/Malkorok and some spoils trys.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/81zovddgeru10rzx/

Thanks guys. I'll add a Malkorok log. And yeah I kinda feel that most dps are underperforming I can't really say anything about tank/heal aslong as they stay/alive keep the raid up I cant complain :X. I added these logs cause the fights where at least some dps perform significantly better are the single target ones jugg/malkorok. So I concluded that the problem lies within multitarget or heavy movement encounters. Tbh I try to gather as much information for every class not just the shamans to help them with their performance. For some like Bluemon I'm searching for errors in the general rotation and or cd-usage the dps seems really low compared to ilvl. Others like Shelby perform ok on the one boss and meh on the other. Don't really know where the mistakes are made there I just dont know enough about Ele to read the logs.

Following log contains Nazgrim/Malkorok and some spoils trys.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/81zovddgeru10rzx/
    on nazgrim he healed. on malkorok kill he was dead 2 times. also I'm missing pots here, a second fire elemental or a longer first fire elemental. on pull his damage is way to low. usually ele is doing very good burst at startup with heroism, pot, fire elemental and ascendance. not sure about how many adds there are in 10 man but I see no single cl. also when he dies he can use heroism again if it was used at the beginning
    on some other fights he forgot fire elemental
    I would agree that bluemon has an issue using his cds correctly. perhaps he should ask shelby about some tips cause he/she is doing better.
    spoils is hard to tell. did it once in 10man. usually focus dmg the big add + some cl when there are low adds. on mogu the big guy was pulled in the middle of the room so I can use cl to kill the little stone mobs to lower the damage. use the buff rune that this mogu caster is casting.
    on mantis side purge the buffs. else it is just do dmg on the priority adds + some cl. ascendance on the big guys, fireelemental also. heroism on the big mogu.
    personal I find doing the sparks is not the best as elemental.lvb needs fs on the target so if that is missing damage is low. I also used eb here and wind walker totem.

if you need more help send me a pm and I send you my battle tag. I'm also from germany so I could talk to both of them directly in chat if it is ok for them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    on nazgrim he healed. on malkorok kill he was dead 2 times. also I'm missing pots here, a second fire elemental or a longer first fire elemental. on pull his damage is way to low. usually ele is doing very good burst at startup with heroism, pot, fire elemental and ascendance. not sure about how many adds there are in 10 man but I see no single cl. also when he dies he can use heroism again if it was used at the beginning
    on some other fights he forgot fire elemental
    I would agree that bluemon has an issue using his cds correctly. perhaps he should ask shelby about some tips cause he/she is doing better.
    spoils is hard to tell. did it once in 10man. usually focus dmg the big add + some cl when there are low adds. on mogu the big guy was pulled in the middle of the room so I can use cl to kill the little stone mobs to lower the damage. use the buff rune that this mogu caster is casting.
    on mantis side purge the buffs. else it is just do dmg on the priority adds + some cl. ascendance on the big guys, fireelemental also. heroism on the big mogu.
    personal I find doing the sparks is not the best as elemental.lvb needs fs on the target so if that is missing damage is low. I also used eb here and wind walker totem.

if you need more help send me a pm and I send you my battle tag. I'm also from germany so I could talk to both of them directly in chat if it is ok for them.
    only 1 add on malkorok per knockup so no cl I guess :X. And thanks for the offer I'll ask them both if they want some tips from a more experienced ele ^.^. PM when i got their answer. Thanks again.

ps: are addons like tellmewhen/weakauras essential for ele?
    Last edited by mmoc471bd2cab6; 2014-07-16 at 01:06 PM.

only 1 add on malkorok per knockup so no cl I guess :X. And thanks for the offer I'll ask them both if they want some tips from a more experienced ele ^.^. PM when i got their answer. Thanks again.

ps: are addons like tellmewhen/weakauras essential for ele?
    ah ok. yes then cl is useless^^
    well I noticed during beta how much I miss my weak auras.
    at least to track when lvb, eb and ue are ready to use again. else I miss them often cause I'm not trained to have an eye on my actionbar^^ same for cds.
    if they have no issue with this I think they can play without this. For the important stuff there is blizzards auras.

I thought they were adding a CD timer like OmniCC in WOD.

That is the single biggest Addon I require for any spec.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    I thought they were adding a CD timer like OmniCC in WOD.

That is the single biggest Addon I require for any spec.
    yes they did. you have to activate in in the ui settings the you get the remaining cd time as overlay on your skills like what omni cc does. it is really helpful.
    however personal I like to have some stuff near my character in the center of the screen. it is easier for me to put small icons around my char that appear and disapear in some situations. it is just for me I'm sure a lot of people are fine without weak aura.
    Last edited by Nebria; 2014-07-16 at 03:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    however personal I like to have some stuff near my character in the center of the screen. it is easier for me to put small icons around my char that appear and disapear in some situations. it is just for me I'm sure a lot of people are fine without weak aura.
    It’s all preference, but I use TellMeWhen to track Flame Shock, Lightning Shield and my fire totems; they’re placed near the middle of my screen next to my wee shaman. At the level of play the vast majority of players are at, that’s more than enough.