Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Paloqt View Post
    Engineering + Alchemy for epic helm with 2 cogwheels and an imba trinket at the beginning of the expansion ! \o/
    That is assuming they don't remove helm sockets and chances are they may considering there are no new cogwheels.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsight View Post
    I think engineers are suppose to be able to craft some temporary use versions of anything that could provide an in-combat advantage. The ones that engineers put on their gear are suppose to be permanent and not limited to X uses. My understanding was this includes the nitroboosts unless they plan on making them unusable in combat now.
    Nitro boost is still engi only, shares a CD with potions and only provides as much benefit as the alchemy speed pot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Current datamined data shows engineering helms with no sockets. Fits inline with Blizzard's theme of reducing overall number of sockets on gear.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Current datamined data shows engineering helms with no sockets. Fits inline with Blizzard's theme of reducing overall number of sockets on gear.
    Kind of. The cogwheels weren't really adding more stats to something like a traditional socket though, since eng helms had no secondaries at all. If we assume that raid drop helms have secondaries then I'd be surprised if the eng helms didn't end up with cogwheels. They aren't quite the same as traditional sockets, and Blizz seems fine with eng helms being pretty decent to start out with since they are never used again past the start of the first tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    Kind of. The cogwheels weren't really adding more stats to something like a traditional socket though, since eng helms had no secondaries at all. If we assume that raid drop helms have secondaries then I'd be surprised if the eng helms didn't end up with cogwheels. They aren't quite the same as traditional sockets, and Blizz seems fine with eng helms being pretty decent to start out with since they are never used again past the start of the first tier.
    And having a piece equal to LFR / pre-raid crafted gear is hardly OP even with the secondary stats
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Boxerlol View Post
    but.....but i love professions ;(
    If that's true you will love them even more. Much more interplay of resources for crafting, much more ah activity and trading, more interesting markets