Fix My (Guildies) DPS

Hi Guys,

Can't see any 'Fix My DPS' thread in the rogue forums so apologies if I've missed it!.

Current armory link is down because of server merge... but here's the logs from HC Galak/Iron Jugger/Dark Shaman Normal and Naz HC Attempts.
    It's our first week of HC's but I feel like this rogue should be pulling more dps. Currently playing combat spec...

Logs are found at http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/T98VmNhkt4rwH1nL

Any feedback/tips to give him on rotations/uptimes etc would be handy! Thanks.

15+ Year Old Account
    He has awful Slice and Dice uptime; most logs shows an uptime about 50-60% when it should be around 95%. He should fix that asap before even considering looking at anything else.

Looks like I'm seeing some non-5 point eviscerates too?

He opened with AR/SB then KS, tell him to do it the other way around. Always prioritize KS over AR/SB, so KS can benefit from high regen/CP generation restless blades.

More importantly, as Linneth explained, a high SnD uptime will up his dps a lot. I suggest using tracking addons such as TellMeWhen or WeakAuras to more easily see when SnD is falling off. I think it is optimal to clip it at <1 sec, with 5 CPs, but use it with any amount of CP if it falls off.

Thanks for replies - yeah i mentioned his SnD uptime to him earlier, also told him to get TMW/Weakauras :P Will mention the other stuff to him! Thanks for feedback tho! Appreciated.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by overdose View Post
    I think it is optimal to clip it at <1 sec, with 5 CPs, but use it with any amount of CP if it falls off.
    SnD renewal threshold is at <2 seconds; renewing at a lower time reamining than that will add the remaining time to the new duration.

I non 5 point Evis all the time. To me that's what separates the good rogues from the bad. If I see AR/Sblades has only six seconds left on it I only have to evis at 3 or even 2 points (due to GCD) to reset it and have it back up. If i wait till 5 points I could have been possibly sitting with it off CD for 2 secs or so while also wasting 2-3 extra points that aren't helping reset anything which to me is a HUGE waste.

Tracking your combo points and knowing how many you need to spend and not waste to reset CDs is what makes a good combat rogue.

http: //www .worldoflogs. com/reports/fa9fb28ywjx87g1t/analyze/dd/source/?s=4126&e=4385

^ My logs so trolls can tell me I'm retarded.
    Spaces in link otherwise I can't post links yet on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Keres View Post
    I non 5 point Evis all the time. To me that's what separates the good rogues from the bad. If I see AR/Sblades has only six seconds left on it I only have to evis at 3 or even 2 points (due to GCD) to reset it and have it back up. If i wait till 5 points I could have been possibly sitting with it off CD for 2 secs or so while also wasting 2-3 extra points that aren't helping reset anything which to me is a HUGE waste.

Tracking your combo points and knowing how many you need to spend and not waste to reset CDs is what makes a good combat rogue.

http: //www .worldoflogs. com/reports/fa9fb28ywjx87g1t/analyze/dd/source/?s=4126&e=4385

^ My logs so trolls can tell me I'm retarded.
    Spaces in link otherwise I can't post links yet on this forum.
    I can see this being true if it is with 4 combo points and you need the CDs *right* then for a burn phase or something. Eviscerating at 2 or 3 CP to get a CD up thats going to be up within ~2 globals at 5 combo points anyways slows insight advancement where you could possibly be using those CDs at a higher insight level.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekyu View Post
    I can see this being true if it is with 4 combo points and you need the CDs *right* then for a burn phase or something. Eviscerating at 2 or 3 CP to get a CD up thats going to be up within ~2 globals at 5 combo points anyways slows insight advancement where you could possibly be using those CDs at a higher insight level.
    Zekyu is correct. Keres your logs of 400 and sub 400k at your item level are substantially below your SIM projected DPS. You effectively proved yourself wrong. Your SnD is pretty low on every fight as well, between 80-90% on fights where it can be 99%. Don't give bad advice, especially if YOUR logs refute YOUR own advice.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's okay to use evis without 5cp to get a ks into the last 3 seconds of a deep insight for example, but it's still it's about planning.

Planning. If its 6 seconds from off cd, just use a couple more SS while you wait. Doing another 2-3 SS wouldn't even be close to capping you because you only have 2-3 cp currently. Then you can finisher into your AR/SB instead.

Now if you had your rppm trinket proc and you need to do a lower cp finisher so that KS will fit into the proc, ok I'd agree with that. But as a general rule, no.

Deleted
    You should be planning but you can end up in awkward situations despite that. You could have planned perfectly and be at 0-3 cps with 10 seconds left on killing spree, whichever option you choose will be suboptimal. Reaching 7 cp will be the cap because of killing spree (20% that you will cap atleast, 8 cp will be 100%) and you'll likely reach this if you keep spamming (atleast in heroic gear) but energy regen jumps up and down by quite abit, so you could just aswell not cap doing this but not likely with high haste levels and full raid buffs. You could get to 5 cps as quickly as possible and use a finisher but now you will be delaying killing spree by wasting restless blades. Third option is to just cast evis/rupture with whatever cps needed to reduce the cooldown to 1 sec left (to get another ss in as to not waste energy). Capping cps will probably not be better than casting evis with lower cps not if you cap more than 1 cp, which you might, wasting restless blades will probably not be better than using a finisher will less cps espicially if this fucks up your cooldown timing for different boss encounters. Using finisher with less cps in this situation might be the least suboptimal choice, but I dunno haven't done the math or the simulations, but just considering how big of a loss it is to waste cps/cap energy and delay cooldowns it doesn't seem like a illogical choice, ofcourse delaying a cooldown is only a loss if you get less of them during the fight, so it will depend on how big of a time window you have to play with.

The example of above me doesn't sound very safe btw. 6 seconds with our current haste levels and with raid buffs can be an eternity, atleast if you're already at 2-3 cps , even if you're not unlucky enough to cap going into ar+sb, near cap is not very good either because you want to be at as low energy as possible before pressing it, going into ar+sb pressing a finisher instantly is just wasting energy.

These situations shouldn't occur too much though.

Edit. I dunno why people act like this will make or break your dps, we are talking about some minor differences here. You won't see a difference in logs whichever method you use. You'd need thousands of logs to get any accurate sample for minor things like this. It's more about how well you perform what you've set out to do, rather than one option being clearly superior in this case.
    Last edited by mmoc893c37db21; 2014-07-14 at 09:32 PM.

You are saying my logs are bad when you don't even know how we do our strats on bosses? classic. Fights like H IJ wheer you can have up to 20-30 secs of no DPS whatsoever because of P2 makes me understand you are not doing heroics yourself.

You are saying my logs are bad when you don't even know how we do our strats on bosses? classic. Fights like H IJ wheer you can have up to 20-30 secs of no DPS whatsoever because of P2 makes me understand you are not doing heroics yourself.
    Don't be so quick to judge someone's progress that is just trying to give constructive criticism. It is pretty clear in your log that your guild uses the afk in the back strat, but in his defense most guilds no longer do this especially with the inflated ilvls.

The next best choice to look at single target dps would be malk, and despite the fact that there are adds you still did sub 400k. This is with the other rogue soaking the majority of melee pools, and you using an absurd amount of burst of speeds. He was also right that you could work on your SnD uptime, its not absolutely horrible, but there is definately room for improvement.

Personally, I only dump 2-3 CPs for a 6 sec cd KS if I can fit in the entire KS in a deep insight or trinket proc, otherwise 5 CP always.

Deleted
    I didnt look at the logs, but the low dps and high amount of BoS might mean he is collecting orbs.

Quote Originally Posted by overdose View Post
    Don't be so quick to judge someone's progress that is just trying to give constructive criticism. It is pretty clear in your log that your guild uses the afk in the back strat, but in his defense most guilds no longer do this especially with the inflated ilvls.

The next best choice to look at single target dps would be malk, and despite the fact that there are adds you still did sub 400k. This is with the other rogue soaking the majority of melee pools, and you using an absurd amount of burst of speeds. He was also right that you could work on your SnD uptime, its not absolutely horrible, but there is definately room for improvement.

Personally, I only dump 2-3 CPs for a 6 sec cd KS if I can fit in the entire KS in a deep insight or trinket proc, otherwise 5 CP always.
    He also has 80% SnD uptime on Sha of Pride which is pretty much a tank and spank fight too, aside from having to close rifts and getting prisons which happened only twice and once respectively.

People still use that strat? On 25 man even?

Quote Originally Posted by nihna View Post
    I didnt look at the logs, but the low dps and high amount of BoS might mean he is collecting orbs.
    He has engineering, he shouldn't need to BOS for that. Even then, nearing 40% uptime on BoS is pretty ridiculous, especially if you're not soaking all the pools.