Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Why did they kill Ironforge ? :o

Seriously, like wtf ?

Ironforge was THE best capital in Vanilla, where everyone was... It's way more beautiful and mythic than Stormwind, but still, they killed it, with all quests now directing to SW, not even a Reforger and mog in IF, why ?

What do you think ?

stormwind is the capital of the alliance. Ironforge is a giant quest hub for level 10's with a AH

10+ Year Old Account
    Players chose Ironforge in Vanilla because it was the most convenient city for several reasons... such as the AH being there prior to 1.09, of course, but also the proximity to Menethil Harbour / Searing Gorge, and the ease of AH->Bank straight-line distance, the large open meeting space and simpler layout of vendors. (There's a reason IF remained popular beyond the addition of global AHs in capitals)

But Blizzard want Stormwind to be the capital of the Alliance because Humans are the primary race, same as Orcs and Orgrimmar for the Horde. Orcs vs. Humans. That's basically it.

Edit: Added some clarification so people don't keep quoting me with "Did you know IF had the AH??" Yes, that's one of the reasons why it was the most convenient. Not the only reason though. IF was still busiest until Blizzard intentionally changed it in Cata.
    Last edited by Leih; 2014-07-12 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Edited, so people stop quoting me with the same assumption

While true that Ironforge was the Alliance capital in Vanilla, that has been changed since and now Stormwind is, pretty obvious reason.

They should give all the capitals the same services that orgrimmar/stormwind.

Deleted
    Because adding a few NPC's and a couple of portals would cost an entire raid tier.

Deleted
    Sometimes I still go to IF and the empty state of it makes me sad. Just one or two people hanging out at the mailbox.

I actually prefer it the way it is. You have the big bustling city when you want it, then you have the more functional, low-lag cities for using the AH and stuff like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazim View Post
    Sometimes I still go to IF and the empty state of it makes me sad. Just one or two people hanging out at the mailbox.
    Get a proper realm then, my realm still has near 100 pple in IF.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    Players chose Ironforge in Vanilla because it was the most convenient city.

But Blizzard want Stormwind to be the capital of the Alliance because Humans are the primary race, same as Orcs and Orgrimmar for the Horde. Orcs vs. Humans. That's basically it.
    This sadly, they want people to hang in the capital of the 2 most important races.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrael View Post
    They should, but then everything will be spread out so much, i guess they dont want that :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Vanilla was what, 7-8 years ago? Why choose now to complain about it?

If you love it then use it. Nothing is stopping you.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Vanilla was what, 7-8 years ago? Why choose now to complain about it?

If you love it then use it. Nothing is stopping you.
    Wanna know what stops me from using transmog/reforge/item upgrade in thunder bluff?

7+ Year Old Account
    They did, back at the beginning of Cata. But then patch 4.3 came, and they *intentionally removed* the reforge NPC's from all cities except Org/SW. The "old" reforge NPC's are still there, they just tell you they can't do it anymore and direct you to the ethereals in SW/Org. Great design decision huh?

Deleted
    Agreed, let the players decide their faction's capital simply by numbers in each major city.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    Agreed, let the players decide their faction's capital simply by numbers in each major city.
    They did do this, and then they backpedaled and deliberately took it away in patch 4.3. It took *extra work* to take it away, so I have to say they knew exactly what they were doing. Probably saw fewer people in Org/SW and decided to "fix" it.

Blizzard wants you to forget that other cities and races even exist. Orcs vs. humans all day, every day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Nothing is stopping you.
    Except for the massive inconvenience.

Deleted
    Since CRZs it's more alive than it used to be on my server.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Because adding a few NPC's and a couple of portals would cost an entire raid tier.
    I'd be willing to give up a raid tier for this. I play on Stormrage-US and it's a nightmare in Stormwind during peak hours. Even with a half-decent computer, I only render people that are directly around me at any given time.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    Players chose Ironforge in Vanilla because it was the most convenient city.

... Well, not really, it just had the Auction House.

On topic; they should simply add the transmog npcs and portals to ALL the major cities,- yes even Exodar and Silvermoon.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Racism.

/1IFisworth1000SWs
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Deleted
    Iron Forge is one of my fave cities to AFK in, seems cozy ^-^