Building a new computer

So yeah hopefully gonna build a new computer sometime soon got about a $2000 budget. I've always bought pre-built systems but after the headache I've had with my current system it's time to build my own. Asking for some help choosing the right parts cause I'll end up buying the most expensive parts.

Mainly gonna be used for gaming and photo editing. If it helps, main games I'm playing are ESO, heavily modded Skyrim, GTA4 and 5 if/when it comes to pc and The Division when it comes out. I know it's not possible to "future proof" a computer but building something that can be upgraded as I go would be really nice.

So far I've come up with http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xRrM4D

So any comments or suggestions are much appreciated since I'm a total noob at this.
    The Mundane and The Magic
    Yeah, now, well, the thing about the old days: they the old days. -Slim Charles

That CPU and Motherboard aren't compatible until you do a BIOS update, I believe. I'd personally switch that to a Z97, as that's what the those CPUs were made for.

Other than that, everything else looks good to me. I'd prefer the air cooling of a d14 or something similar, as there's only a few degrees of difference vs the risks that come along with something like the corsair h series.
    Last edited by IRunSoFarAway; 2014-07-13 at 01:08 AM.

Hmmm risks? Yeah I just got a decent air cooler not to long ago I might just re-use. I'll switch out the mobo and look at air coolers. Thanks for the info
    The Mundane and The Magic
    Yeah, now, well, the thing about the old days: they the old days. -Slim Charles