Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sello View Post
    That drake that takes you to hyjal.. Hearing that voice every time you level an alt
    Heh...that one always cracks me up. The tone of voice when he says "The firelord has RISEN!!" gets me every time. Who would have thought drakes freak out like that?

Varian. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Plus it would give Anduin an opportunity for further character development.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeras View Post
    Med'an for obvious reasons
    Not really, since I never even saw him in the game. If I read his books I might've agreed.

This list is generated purely from the characters' in-game attributes. Books, etc. are not taken into consideration.

Thrall: I used to love Thrall; adored him. We all did. But let's be honest, it's time. He has nowhere near the presence and influence he had pre-Wrath and they've just been stringing him along for the past few expansions, desperate to find ways to make him relevant to the story. But all they've managed to accomplish is a character we sort of roll our eyes at because he's so played out. I actually find it insulting to his legacy.

Varian: Ever since he returned, I have never once felt an ounce of care for him. Varian is like that guy who used to have credibility, until he went away for a long time and you realized you actually don't miss him. And once he came back, you had already moved on to something better, but he keeps trying to make amends and prove himself. Blizzard has been trying too hard to make this stale king work, and I've just never felt anything for him.

Jaina: The whole 'good girl, turned bad' thing has been done a thousand times over. It's old and boring. She was actually kind of interesting before they made her go all psycho. Now, she's just a ticking time bomb (no pun intended) on a path of self-destruction. Let her put herself out of her misery before she takes everyone else with her.

Sylvannas: What's her purpose, again? I feel like there's a lot of potential here, but it's been almost 10 years and she's still just that bitter old wretch, sulking within the bowels of the Undercity. I still can't believe she was excluded from the Lich King fight. From a lore perspective, that fight was such a disappointment.

Every Pandaren, along with the entire continent of Pandaria: Let's just pretend these last two years never happened. The island in the mists was all just a terrible dream, and it's time to wake up.
    Last edited by OneSent; 2014-07-16 at 05:50 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    This list is generated purely from the characters' in-game attributes. Books, etc. are not taken into consideration.

Thrall: I used to love Thrall; adored him. We all did. But let's be honest, it's time. He has nowhere near the presence and influence he had pre-Wrath and they've just been stringing him along for the past few expansions, desperate to find ways to make him relevant to the story. But all they've managed to accomplish is a character we sort of roll our eyes at because he's so played out. I actually find it insulting to his legacy.
    Agreed here. The only thing there is really left for Thrall to do is maybe sort out some stuff with Jaina (And even that seems unlikely due to War Crimes). He needs to die at some point during WoD.

Varian: Ever since he returned, I have never once felt an ounce of care for him. Varian is like that guy who used to have credibility, until he went away for a long time and you realized you actually don't miss him. And once he came back, you had already moved on to something better, but he keeps trying to make amends and prove himself. Blizzard has been trying too hard to make this stale king work, and I've just never felt anything for him.
    I agree Varian needs to die but he wasn't a problem right from the start. Your reasoning makes little sense because Varian had never actually appeared in a WC game before Wrath. He'd never actually been away in terms of us meeting him. And he had an arc, albeit a kind of rushed, flip floppity, poorly written one. But now he's settled into the archetype of the wise king so he needs to go. There's a reason you don't see how Aragorn ruled as King after Lotr.

Jaina: The whole 'good girl, turned bad' thing has been done a thousand times over. It's old and boring. She was actually kind of interesting before they made her go all psycho. Now, she's just a ticking time bomb (no pun intended) on a path of self-destruction. Let her put herself out of her misery before she takes everyone else with her.
    Jaina's still got some life in her yet. Apparently in War Crimes (haven't read it), Kalec convinces her to be a little less...crazy. Jaina's turn towards the dark side was very poorly received by the fanbase, so they'll almost certainly reverse it to a degree at least. Tone her down somewhat and bring Kul'tiras into the game!

Sylvannas: What's her purpose, again? I feel like there's a lot of potential here, but it's been almost 10 years and she's still just that bitter old wretch, sulking within the bowels of the Undercity. I still can't believe she was excluded from the Lich King fight. From a lore perspective, that fight was such a disappointment.
    Sylvanas' problems started with Cata. At this point in time it's really unbelievable that the rest of the Horde (or anyone) tolerates her villainy. I think if they have the guts to make her go full Lich Queen she could make a great Big Bad for an expansion.

Every Pandaren, along with the entire continent of Pandaria: Let's just pretend these last two years never happened. The island in the mists was all just a terrible dream, and it's time to wake up.
    Well this is just being narrow minded. The Pandaren had some great lore, and I sincerely hope they continue to play a role in the story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Jaina's still got some life in her yet. Apparently in War Crimes (haven't read it), Kalec convinces her to be a little less...crazy. Jaina's turn towards the dark side was very poorly received by the fanbase, so they'll almost certainly reverse it to a degree at least. Tone her down somewhat and bring Kul'tiras into the game!
    Yeah, long story short Jaina is basically "fixed" by the end of War Crimes or at least she's well on the road to recovery (due in no small part to Kalecgos). It's made clear she'll never be able to be old Jaina again (which, considering her bursting into tears because of Varian's awesomeness that one time, is probably a good thing) but she's getting better.

7+ Year Old Account
    Varian, definitely. Not a big fan of the generic human king character.

It was poorly received because a lot of people are idiots who like white-washed characters and archetypes without understanding inner psychologies of things like you know, watching your entire city blow up. I loved the new, edgier Jaina way more, found her to be the rare case where the writing improved at least a bit during Cataclysm at least on theoretical front, and it'd have been awesome to see her return into Kul'Tiras for example, to wrestle power back from leading Admirals and/or some relative and to then aim her efforts towards the Horde. Make her go rogue from Alliance because they wouldn't support immediate and decisive response. It'd have suit the whole situation far better and be a lot more WarCrafty
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Thrall, Admiral Roges, they killed prince Liam (horrible character), Lorthemar (wonder who would lead).

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall Or Lorewalker Cho
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Vol'jin or Aggra. Vol'jin's death would release the Warchief's seat for a more worthy being, Aggra I want to obliterate just because she annoys me with every fiber of her being.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

I'd also like to nominate Varian for death in the next couple of expansions. He's pretty much got all of his stuff sorted out and too many expansions of him ruling justly and wisely is going to be dull. Even if he doesn't end up leading the Army of Light I'd like to see Anduin become King once he learns some much needed life lessons.
    Varian should become more of a al'Lan Mandragoran style character when Stormwind is consumed by the Forsaken
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Thrall. Hes had his moment.....s. Time to move on from Green Jesus.

Deleted
    Well as it stands now, Tyrande, I hate that bi***, I hated here in WarCraft 3 and I still do, she's just a whoring cu**.

I'd kill Neptulon, just to put him out of the misery he's surely experiencing as Ozumat's chew toy that everyone seemed to forget about.

10+ Year Old Account
    14 pages, alot to read through so if mine's been overdone... OOPS =)

Rhonin. Plain and Simple. Not due to his lore but mainly his constant yelling in Dalaran.

They missed the boat on killing Thrall. Garrosh killing Thrall would have been the perfect catalyst to bring the Horde against Garrosh during MoP and a heroic death to bring the Horde he created back together would have been the perfect end to Thrall's story.

The only problem is Blizzard has zero creativity so they would have killed Aggra while they were at it and had Thrall's baby be discovered by humans who raise it and train it to be a gladiator and named it "Captive" or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas, I hope Wrathion doesn't turn out to be a chaotic evil dick that his father became in Cata...

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    14 pages, alot to read through so if mine's been overdone... OOPS =)

Rhonin. Plain and Simple. Not due to his lore but mainly his constant yelling in Dalaran.
    Um, he's already dead.