Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    I'd kill Neptulon, just to put him out of the misery he's surely experiencing as Ozumat's chew toy that everyone seemed to forget about.
    Oh im sure he is ozumats toy...but not chewing one. Tho there is huge market for that thing, so it may be start of quite a career for neptulon.

Deleted
    Thrall. There has been soooooo much focused around him and I just want him gone so there is no chance of more stuff focusing around him again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall dies, as you wish. Horde get all emotional. Decide to rename their leaders "Thrall" instead of Warchief. Thus, ensuring Thrall's name is attached to Warcraft forever. Ya'll cry. I laugh.

Thrall Vol'jin

Thrall Baine

Yeah, sorta has a nice ring to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    Sylvanas.

To see all of her fanboy/girl tears and forum rage, to avenge the Worgen and justice for all the damage she and her undead army has done.
    Nah, rather let her get rid of all the worgen (including player characters) so we could get rid of that amazingly irritating sniffing animation/sound.

That aside, Wrathion. Anyone so smug for a brat needs to get cut down to size. Of pebbles.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

Sylvanas Windrunner, without thinking twice.
    Yak. Yak never changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get the Thrall hate to be honest. I agree he's been used more than anyone would like but you do realize he founded the horde that is a faction of the game, and actually founded all the ties between the Horde factions.

Him being a Shaman made sense for the plot to make him "fill in" as the earth warder to activate the dragon soul to use it against Deathwing. Being used a lot in cata was important to give him story progression and character development, inorder for him to be used in that aspect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urok View Post
    I don't get the Thrall hate to be honest. I agree he's been used more than anyone would like but you do realize he founded the horde that is a faction of the game, and actually founded all the ties between the Horde factions.

Him being a Shaman made sense for the plot to make him "fill in" as the earth warder to activate the dragon soul to use it against Deathwing. Being used a lot in cata was important to give him story progression and character development, inorder for him to be used in that aspect.
    Sometimes I think people just want to use the term "Green Jesus". Actually, I want people to. The more people do it, the sooner people will stop doing it.

Because Blizzard is impressively bad at writing more wide stories and didn't think to give other major characters any development besides "betrayer/betrayed" aside from Anduin being talkative.

It would be like if you went back to Lord of the Rings but the only person anyone ever talked about was Frodo and only Frodo and literally no one else had anything important happen that couldn't be fit into a single paragraph per book.

I'd kill Varian just to laugh at the pansy alliance panicking after losing their pansy leader. Wouldn't mind taking Vol'jin out either cause dude should not be Warchief of the Horde.

Vereesa Windrunner easily. By far the character I hate most.

Deleted
    Actually, in regards to the Forsaken, it was Cairne that vouched for them to enter the Horde.

*sniff* God I miss that big fucker of a bull :'(

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stripeyhat View Post
    Yeah, long story short Jaina is basically "fixed" by the end of War Crimes or at least she's well on the road to recovery (due in no small part to Kalecgos). It's made clear she'll never be able to be old Jaina again (which, considering her bursting into tears because of Varian's awesomeness that one time, is probably a good thing) but she's getting better.
    Kalec was certainly influential, but don't forget Vol'jin's letter to her. That was key.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    It was poorly received because a lot of people are idiots who like white-washed characters and archetypes without understanding inner psychologies of things like you know, watching your entire city blow up. I loved the new, edgier Jaina way more, found her to be the rare case where the writing improved at least a bit during Cataclysm at least on theoretical front, and it'd have been awesome to see her return into Kul'Tiras for example, to wrestle power back from leading Admirals and/or some relative and to then aim her efforts towards the Horde. Make her go rogue from Alliance because they wouldn't support immediate and decisive response. It'd have suit the whole situation far better and be a lot more WarCrafty
    The problem is that her change was a complete 180 in personality that didn't make any sense. It's understandable that she's against Garrosh, but being against the rest of the Horde makes absolutely no sense. She's an iconic Warcraft character and they gave her a completely new personality, and the narrative completely villified her - at every turn she's presented as being wrong. It was clearly a cheap set up for her to become a raid boss. Hopefully in a couple years Jaina going crazy will just be regarded as a little dork age.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Even if he doesn't end up leading the Army of Light I'd like to see Anduin become King once he learns some much needed life lessons.
    fuck no, never, I'd rather dig up varian and put his corpse on the throne than have that shithead be in charge of anything
    The problem is that her change was a complete 180 in personality that didn't make any sense. It's understandable that she's against Garrosh, but being against the rest of the Horde makes absolutely no sense.
    last i checked Garrosh didn't wage the whole war all by himself
    they are all as guilty as Garrosh is and Jaina was one of the few people in charge that wasn't stupid and realized that
    Last edited by Enosh; 2014-07-18 at 03:31 PM.

Thrall. hands down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    fuck no, never, I'd rather dig up varian and put his corpse on the throne than have that shithead be in charge of anything

last i checked Garrosh didn't wage the whole war all by himself
    they are all as guilty as Garrosh is and Jaina was one of the few people in charge that wasn't stupid and realized that
    And yet he didn't destroy Theramore with the help of Vol'jin, or Baine, or Sylvanas or Lor'themar, or Gallywix. And especially not Thrall. And that's the thing that Jaina was mad about - so far as we know she didn't speak out against any other of his military actions in Cataclysm. And even if Theramore soured her to those actions retroactively, she should know that the Horde leadership was butting heads with Garrosh since the Cataclysm. It doesn't make any sense for her to be mad at the entire Horde.

Also I think if Anduin actually stops being a naive mary sue he could make a good king. I'd rather see some leadership struggles than Varian ruling as the just High King for several expansions.

she should know that the Horde leadership was butting heads with Garrosh since the Cataclysm. It doesn't make any sense for her to be mad at the entire Horde.
    It make a lot of sense for her to be angry at them. Not necessarily homocidal, but anger is more than justified. They were complicit with his actions by not preventing them or attempting to do at least some form of damage control on their own reputations when it happened. Seriously, take your eyes away from the outside and look from her perspective on this: when the bombing happened, Vol'jin, Baine and Lor'themar didn't send messages of condolence to her and insinuate they were going to revolt. They didn't do jack until Garrosh started killing other Horde members directly.

They were like the soldiers standing on either side of the doors while one man walked in and gunned down a family at their dinner table because the father was associated with terrorists. Jaina looked out at the Horde and saw only a lack of uprising, correctly so, when it mattered most.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WanderingBreezes View Post
    It make a lot of sense for her to be angry at them. Not necessarily homocidal, but anger is more than justified. They were complicit with his actions by not preventing them or attempting to do at least some form of damage control on their own reputations when it happened. Seriously, take your eyes away from the outside and look from her perspective on this: when the bombing happened, Vol'jin, Baine and Lor'themar didn't send messages of condolence to her and insinuate they were going to revolt. They didn't do jack until Garrosh started killing other Horde members directly.

They were like the soldiers standing on either side of the doors while one man walked in and gunned down a family at their dinner table because the father was associated with terrorists. Jaina looked out at the Horde and saw only a lack of uprising, correctly so, when it mattered most.
    Some bitterness would be justified, but not to the level that we got. Once Garrosh had been overthrown she should have been satisfied but instead she seems to think that the Horde are going to betray her again, including Thrall for Light's sake. It just makes no sense for Jaina to suddenly distrust Thrall like that.

Aerith Primrose. A sacrifice must be made to purify the world.

And yet he didn't destroy Theramore with the help of Vol'jin, or Baine, or Sylvanas or Lor'themar, or Gallywix. And especially not Thrall.
    yes he did, Vol'Jin and Baine were both part of the attack on theramore whose purpose was to destroy it
    and the blood elves and undead send their own representatives, all of the horde was united in the attack on theramore
    the whole thing with "omg he used a mana bomb we didn't do nothing!" is quite frankly laughable, if 2 people agree to go stab a guy to death but one shoots him instead once stabbing proves to not be effective enough the second guy doesn't get to claim innocent of the whole act, he still agreed to go and stab a guy and even delivered some wounds himself
    horde, including Vol'jin, Baine and some blood elves and undead went to theramore to destroy it, theramore got destroyed, they are all equally guilty of it

And that's the thing that Jaina was mad about - so far as we know she didn't speak out against any other of his military actions in Cataclysm. And even if Theramore soured her to those actions retroactively, she should know that the Horde leadership was butting heads with Garrosh since the Cataclysm. It doesn't make any sense for her to be mad at the entire Horde.
    over the succession, all the leaders were perfectly fine with slaughtering alliance left and right, garrosh even had to tell some of them to go easy on the atrocities until he started to attack other leaders and their people

Also I think if Anduin actually stops being a naive mary sue he could make a good king. I'd rather see some leadership struggles than Varian ruling as the just High King for several expansions.
    I will never support a traitor like him to be made king in the cannon, he can rot in hell