Should I sell this rare battle pet for gold? Can't decide

Hello-- see the thing is, I'm awful at earning ingame gold, but I can usually make it last once I get ahold of it. I went through All of Mop and most of Cata on a windfall I got back then, and now i'm back to not having very much at all.

Lo and behold, a friend of mine (who IS very good at earning ingame gold, and enjoys rare things) was saying that he went to buy a tuskarr kite out of the ah for 45k, but it was gone by the time he hopped toons to the one with his money. He was a sad panda about it because it was a pretty good deal--hes seen them go for more.

Now a couple years ago I splurged on that loot card on ebay, and didnt really play with it all that much. So thats perfect! That would give me enough money to make a vial of the sands to sell--buy the thunder august cloud serpent when i get exalted with the celestials soon-- And maybe secure enough for a Garrosh kill for certain before 6.0 If i cant come by one the natural way in time. Its an elegant, practical solution that both of us would benefit from; and I love how it just lined up perfectly.

I told him that If I decided to sell it, I would come to him first (because I still didn't want to rush headlong into it since it IS a rare pet--now that tcg is no longer a thing and there isnt a snowballs chance that I'd ever pay that much gold ingame for any pet), and after sleeping on it for a day I was still thinking along these lines pretty much; albeit with a tug of small regret.

I didnt realize it was one of the only two kite pets that could do pet battles and that was pretty cool. Plus the reason I bought the loot card anyway was because I really enjoy the way it looks! those fluttering 'fins' in the breeze are so pretty--and when you run with it it goes back and forth in a subtle swimming motion. The other night I was helping a friend in LFR and it got to one of those points where you have to wait ages for a second tank to join, and I just summoned the kite and watched its fins flutter gently while around me other raid members summoned their pandarian kites and ran back and forth with them. It was really really nice..and I do like my kite very much.

I told him I thought I would sell it to him when i was still being practical minded--because it feels like insanity not to sell it for the gold I need.

But I'm most likely not ever getting another one--the price on ebay has almost doubled since I got the one. No help there.

If i dont sell it and he finds one somewhere else, would it just become buried in my spellbook again like I didnt play with it for so long though?

Wouldnt the same thing happen with the august thundering mount, that I most likely wont be able to use in Draenor and the vendor sells anytime?

And then theres Garrosh's title and that wolf which wont be around after 6.0...

So Maybe an objective view would be the wisest here---Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Sell it to him for tons of money. He may be one of the few who will drop money on it. Also depends on your server. A lot of the big servers, mine included, got hit big time with the dupers who just went around duping all of the once rare and hard to find tcg pets dropping their price down from well above 100k to 30k or less. So yeah, get some money from the guy while you can. Save him from possibly just buying a duped one from the AH.

Personally I wouldn't buy that title or mount, but that's your call. Could just as easily get geared and then pug it now a days.

I hadnt heard of that practice before--what is Duping? My server isnt really high traffic. I am decently geared now--about 545 and cloaked im just nervous of missing out, you know? like i said its a smallish server and my guild is gone so cross realm pugging is almost my only avenue outside of finding a group on some forums
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    I hadnt heard of that practice before--what is Duping? My server isnt really high traffic. I am decently geared now--about 545 and cloaked im just nervous of missing out, you know? like i said its a smallish server and my guild is gone so cross realm pugging is almost my only avenue outside of finding a group on some forums
    Dupe = clone = using an exploit to create more. Most detail im goin into. They just have been having issues with it for awhile. They fix it and they just find another way to dupe. Thankfully they have made some progress in that when the onyx jeweled panther is created thanks to a dupe in anyway its broken and cant be used. Its not put out there by blizzard and some fanboys will completely say its not possible or never was possible because Blizz said it isn't. Since well, its able to completely ruin the value of an item. Heck, saw one guy months ago selling 5 spectral tiger mounts. 5 or one of the rarest tcg mounts, all for a total of 100k for all five.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Dupe = clone = using an exploit to create more. Most detail im goin into. They just have been having issues with it for awhile. They fix it and they just find another way to dupe. Thankfully they have made some progress in that when the onyx jeweled panther is created thanks to a dupe in anyway its broken and cant be used. Its not put out there by blizzard and some fanboys will completely say its not possible or never was possible because Blizz said it isn't. Since well, its able to completely ruin the value of an item. Heck, saw one guy months ago selling 5 spectral tiger mounts. 5 or one of the rarest tcg mounts, all for a total of 100k for all five.

Thats Crazy :O no wonder they want to keep a lid on it! I hope that the extra copies dont get erased or something once the bug is sniffed out thatd be awful for the people who paid all that gold for them

Shrug. If you want it, don't sell it.

It's currently worth about $70 on tcgloot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    Thats Crazy :O no wonder they want to keep a lid on it! I hope that the extra copies dont get erased or something once the bug is sniffed out thatd be awful for the people who paid all that gold for them
    Some people Have said theirs were removed because they can tell what was and wasn't duped. Mostly it was from people who did a manual trade instead of buying it over the AH. Other then that not much info on it since they didnt want it to get out. Im unsure if theres a new way or not at this moment, but my servers still seeing the effects from the last way of etheral soul traders being duped.

My honest opinion as a pet collector - keep it

Use daily cooldown with professions on cloth / living steel - I got a x5 living steel proc yesterday which is a profit of 1200g which is nice. And making the royal satchel / epic belt from tailoring nexts me 3k each for 12/21 days of cooldowns and I buy the cloth for 1g a piece

Priorities - do you want to sell the kite or do you want to do a little bit of farming and playing the auction house? I think you could get 20k gold together to get that garrosh mount

Honestly, if you need/want the gold and can't seem to to amass it otherwise, go ahead and sell it. I say this as a moderately serious pet collector, because it's not really too hot in battles which diminish it's awareness among all but the most stalwart collectors. I roughly see them for 40k on the low end, to 75-100k on the medium-high end, if that helps any. Now, I personally think your plans on what to spend it on could use some work, but that's another thread. :P
    Thank you to Serrin for the signature!
    PC Stuffs: i7-4790K | Z97X-SLI | 16GB DDR3-1866 | GTX-780 | 256GB Samsung EVO | 1TB WD Blue | SuperNOVA 650 Gold | Fractal r4 Blackout | Dark Rock Pro 3