Poll: Would you still play WoW or prevent yourself from playing

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Nope, I enjoyed my time playing WoW and consider it to be an over all positive experience, even if I'm bored of it now and no longer find it to be worth the money.

Wow became my outlet in high school when I was struggling with many problems. It was a healthy alternative compared to what I was doing. I truly believe that if I had not become addicted to wow, I would not have gotten out of adolescence as well as I did. I would absolutely not change that.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I played WoW during the glory days. I wouldn't have wanted to miss that, nor would I have tried to prevent myself from doing so.

I made two good friends online in WoW so I wouldn't change that. I have one from FFXI as well and two from EQ. Chatting everyday or two with these people after years... (EQ friends are from 12 years ago). There are far worse things I could have spent my time doing and I get to watch any good shows I missed on Netflix without all the bs ads.

If I could go back in time, I'd tell myself to start playing 2 years earlier.

No ragrets.

Deleted
    Nah, i would not!

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Nope and I feel sorry for anyone that would.
    Guess I should clarify my response a bit more. I would in terms of the people I enjoyed playing with back then don't play anymore. The game doesn't really feel the same because of that. So in a way the game never really feels complete like it used to. Haven't been subbed for 3 months now but of course I will resub for WoD...its more about seeing the end of a story now then anything.

I'd vote that I should have started playing earlier, and left the game earlier as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    Life is like a fork in the road. I'm sure many of us said "No thanks I'm busy" when friends wanted you to go to a bar or to the beach because you had to raid that night. The question is...knowing what you know now....if you could basically with the knowledge you have now...go back 4, 5...hell even 9 years to prevent you from actually playing WoW just to see if it would change your life...would you?
    I would.
    I met my husband on WoW through other friends back right before ICC launched in Wrath.

I moved out to CO to be with him and we enjoyed WoW together.

I wouldn't change a thing.

I was introduced to a game like WoW at a time when I should have focused on my studies and not video games, and I was unable to control myself because I had my priorities all wrong. I wish I had been introduced to it later, not then.

Deleted
    No. WoW was my leisure time. I met great friends, solidified existing friendships and learnt some pretty valuable skills.

No, I've never turned something down in real life for WoW that was actually worth doing.

Yes, I got a bit estranged from real life because of WoW.

Deleted
    If you could go back in time and never eat chocolate, would you?

If you could back in time and never watch TV, would you?

If you could back in time and study mathematics and astronomy from the age of 3, would you?

If you could pick up playing the guitar from birth, would you?

These questions are meaningless; life is meant to be filled with things - some productive, others not. I'm not a religious man, but if I were then I'd say that games, movies, music, fictional literature (ETC.) are crucial for the spirit. I believe that I would be missing out on an integral part of life if I couldn't have these little nuggets of non-realism in my life; places to visit and think about every now and then. Not because the rest of my life is in any way bad, but because I love immersing myself in these things! For instance, just thinking about watching the Blizzcon live stream every year makes me all giddy and warm inside.
    Last edited by mmocf747bdc2eb; 2014-07-14 at 07:56 PM.

Deleted
    I'd still play, I'd just have stopped after TBC.