Poll: Would you still play WoW or prevent yourself from playing

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Question If you could go back in time and not play WoW

Life is like a fork in the road. I'm sure many of us said "No thanks I'm busy" when friends wanted you to go to a bar or to the beach because you had to raid that night. The question is...knowing what you know now....if you could basically with the knowledge you have now...go back 4, 5...hell even 9 years to prevent you from actually playing WoW just to see if it would change your life...would you?
    I would.
    Last edited by Xires; 2014-07-13 at 01:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell no, I loved WoW when it was good.

10+ Year Old Account
    No , Wow brought lots of enjoyment to me and I wouldn't want to change that

10+ Year Old Account
    No way. It's never had a negative impact on my life and I've gotten thousands of hours of entertainment out of it.

I don't know what I'd even do with all the time I got back. Last I checked my /played was... a lot...

But anyway, no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would have just ended up playing WoW sometime later and regretting the fact that I didn't pick it up sooner.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

Deleted
    Not really, my life turned out to be pretty awesome.
    WoW never had a negative impact on anything. I mean of course i could have mastered something with the time i spent on playing, but actually i'm pretty ok with the talents that i have.

Deleted
    Not a chance, made so many friends through Wow, Met my misus through it also.

I wouldn't be in the country I live in now without WoW and would not have gotten my current job.

So hell no If I could do it again, I wouldn't change a thing

Hard to say, it's been part of my life for nearly 8 years (21 now). I am cripplingly shy in person, but WoW allowed me to talk to people and make friends without having to go through that. Shit, I flew across the country to meet one of my WoW friends. Plus it's hella fun. So I don't think I would change anything. Although I do regret all the times I said "no" to doing something fun just because I didn't want to miss raid.

Deleted
    if i was playing wow i would be playing another game so nope.

I made some awesome friendships. Has for the money, i don't know if it would save some money i would probably would be playing more Magic the Gathering.

No. I've raided for 10 years now but I've never let it get in the way of my life. I've accomplished the goals I've set for myself while still playing at a high level. I don't regret anything.

Deleted
    I can't believe people actually sacrifice real life events to play.

Deleted
    Yes, maybe I would of met someone or taken that job...

It's written: Yes, maybe i would ***have*** met someone or taken that job...

Well, it was an escape for me. I had crappy parents and friends. But if i had the knowledge i have aquired over the past 9 years, then yes, i would have chosen real life and lived it to its fullest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, i'd still play, id just take everything I know now and start posting it in the suggestions forums during Vanilla
    60 Priest - Sinfel https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...eldorei/sinfel
    60 Mage - Redrayn https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...ldorei/redrayn

I used to have a cool signature, but now its limited it 6 lines and that has my boobs all twisted with anger!

10+ Year Old Account
    While there are some opportunities I would go back in time and force myself to take that I passed over, WoW was not really the base cause of that at all. Anything I turned down I would have turned down anyway, mostly because of fears and lack of maturity. Would have been no different whether I was gaming or not, just lacked the maturity and confidence.

If there was one thing I would go back and change it would be ending a particular relationship much earlier, because THAT definitely cost me opportunities I turned down because I thought I could make it work. Putting things in your life aside for a boy/girl you like, that's the real danger not WoW, hahah.

Deleted
    God no. Sure my grades might have been better back in vanilla/tbc times. But all the people I've met I wouldn't trade in for the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    No way. In the long run, it probably did have an effect on my school marks during the time where I was borderline addicted (mid-late WOTLK mainly), but I have made so many friends, many of which I still regularly talk to and play other games with today, even though we have stopped playing WoW. Before WoW I was cripplingly shy, but the anonymous barrier helped me make friends with people and I eventually worked up to being able to talk to them on programs like Ventrillo and Skype. Now days I can comfortably talk to people in real life and I think I have WoW to thank for a lot of that.

I have never passed over RL for wow, and I raided a lot, but if my RL friends/gf/family wanted me to do something or go out, I did that instead.

WoW is a game, not a lifestyle, I enjoyed it, I met a lot of people from WoW, but my RL is first, I wouldnt skip work or things like that for it.

Short answer, yes. Long answer is yes because it held me back. WoW was an escape mechanism to get away from my garbage life. But honestly if I could go back and stop myself from playing AND tell myself to just go back to school I'd do that. Sure I had a lot of fun in Vanilla. But the shit I've dealt with over the years because of WoW was not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigpolomo View Post
    Yes, maybe I would of met someone or taken that job...

It's written: Yes, maybe i would ***have*** met someone or taken that job...

Well, it was an escape for me. I had crappy parents and friends. But if i had the knowledge i have aquired over the past 9 years, then yes, i would have chosen real life and lived it to its fullest.
    It really bothered you that much? Maybe your friends just got tired of constantly being corrected on there grammar. =p