Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

[Meta] All US Horde Hunter - Only Raids

I figured instead of advertising weekly I will just post and update this thread as we go along and increase our kills and try to get more great players involved and interested in what we do.

Intro
    First and foremost, hello! I'm Artemishowl! I help organize the horde hunter raid group that each Saturday evening tries to conquer something new each week we get together! Most of you don't even need me to ask you to show up, you guys just do or tell me you can't make it each week, which helps when my work week gets busy. For that, I thank you. For those of you who are newer to the scene or want to get started, let me guide you on what we require, what we try to advocate and what you need to do to join our weekly groups.

Our raid leader is mainly Shoot. This guy is our primary expert on soloing the harder fights out on his own, therefore his strategies and expertise (as well as his sternness) helps conduct raids to make sure they run smoothly and make sure that they're hunter-proof; even when it comes to mechanics that may be mathematically problematic due to the nature of the fight. This doesn't mean he can do all the strats alone, however, and each week before the raid night comes together, we try to have an open-room discussion in the designated mumble for ideas from all hunters who either want to join or can't due to them being EU or Alliance. Me? I mostly help organize and gather the recruits as well as try to promote streamers, come up with nitpickier ideas, over-worry about some fights more than others, and sometimes get on a few players who afk more than I would like them to (sorry ). Most of all, the idea is to come out and have fun, but understand that some of the things we want to do in the next upcoming weeks will require players to listen to instructions, perform at the best they can damage wise, and do extraneous tasks that may not be something you would always do in a raid environment, such as constantly switch out spirit beasts to make sure you're alive, not running to africa if a boss is targetting you and maybe self-sacrificing yourself, or even be required to tank on a couple of fights if we need multiple tanks. Most of what we ask of people however, is simple, and therefore messing around and whatnot on a long night isn't fun.

I Want In!
    You want to come out and play with us? Perfect! We have just a few requirements that we would like out of players before you do sign up.
    • Be 575+- It's not because we're against lower geared players, we just need you to be able to have the armor and as well as health to sometimes get an edge on some mechanics.
    • Be.. Horde.- I don't know someone asked me if it's alliance so no, sadly this is a horde only event.
    • Play BM - This is not an argument. We also have to have all players come equipped with 2-3 spirit beasts MINIMUM
    • Have mumble. Mic not needed, but you will need to sit in and listen.
    • Be ontime! Punctuality is important! We raid SATURDAYS at 7:30pm central (unless something changes!)
    • Be a team player! Remember the requirement to play BM? Don't pout about it, it's to help all of us live and conquer these harder fights as we get into TOT heroics!
    • Positivity! We will wipe as we get into harder fights, staying on your toes and focused is also a must!
    • Experience. If you've never done TOT heroic or any of the fights on your hunter, you might just be filled in our roster as a backup. It's vital to know and understand mechanics so that we can cordinate as such around them without real tanks or healers!

What We've Conquered!
    Of course as this raid group has now been going on for a month and above STRONG now, we have many fun memories to share and to highlight for the community to see. These events really help bring horde hunters together as well as show to the rest of the hunter community that yes, you can do these raids too! There's lots of interest on the Alliance side, EU side and anywhere else rather, and all you need to do is just reach out to your friends and start up these groups. Always prouder and prouder each week we tackle newer and harder content.

Tier 14 Normal 25 man:

Tier 15 Normal 25 man:

Tier 14 Heroic 10 man:

Tier 14 Heroic 25 man:

Tier 15 9/13 heroic 25 man:

On Schedule: Our next raid will be;
    SoO Flex Various Bosses - Saturday August 2nd(7:30 pm central)
    Pre-raid meeting - FRIDAY, August 1st, 4:30pm central

Spreadsheet:
    I always have a spreadsheet (wellll not always but I'm trying to be good about it this week) of who signs up. If you signed up, please understand that we expect you to show up. If you tell me right before raid you can't make it, it hurts our roster greatly. If you think you might not be able to, just tell us in advance please so we can plan around everything.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...?usp=drive_web

Again, this spreadsheet link is where all signups take place. You post here, DM me, or I reach out to you, and I add you to the spreadsheet once the week's has been made. It will constantly be updated like this thread and no one will be left in the dark.
    There are tabs underneath the page, just click along and see our past rosters if you want to. I will update the rosters from the past two raids soon, just been busy with work. Tomorrow will be the first day I will start dealing with signups for this week's event!

Streams and Highlights!
    Multitwitch link:
    http://multitwitch.tv/shottenheim/ww...arie/cliperlol <- Because why watch one POV when you can watch a lot at once!

Single stream links:

• Shoot- (Has many, many single-boss VODs for you all to see [RLer PoV]) twitch.tv/shottenheim
    • KTB- (Tank POV) twitch.tv/wwakisstehbaby
    • Foxy-(Sassy hunter POV) twitch.tv/foxywow
    • Nnub- (Noob POV) twitch.tv/nnub
    • Alvarie- (Another noob POV) twitch.tv/alvarie
    • Cliper-(Alliance Scum MVP) twitch.tv/cliperlol
    • Dyveriate- (Mechanic boss) twitch.tv/dyveriatebl [doesn't stream often]
    List of streamers usually come weekly and have highlights as well from the past raids for anyone to go over and just get a glimpse at the raiding environment and how some of the things we do get handled. Hope you all enjoy!

You guys rock!
    Thank you all for your constant support! We hope to keep going bigger and bigger each week and it's all thanks to the help of many! Thank you Shoot for raid leading, Kissthebaby for being an amazing tank, Thanos for being here weekly and being a surprise pickup, Foxy for your positivity, Eschalogical for your feedback, Dyveriate for helping carry with the more trickier mechanics each week, Rickett for being able to lust and support constantly and Cliper for actually faction changing your alt just to play with us. Thank you everyone who keeps coming each week and providing excellent input and just making these raids amazingly fun and worthwhile.

So please, if you have questions, comments, videos, want to join in, please go ahead and post! If you do want in, just have the requirements and send me your battletag or just post it below #TeamHunter

~Artemishowl
    Last edited by Artemishowl; 2014-07-31 at 07:30 PM. Reason: SoO flex various bosses

im actually super pro, dont listen to her
    Retired hunter

Sign me up coach.

Dhryke#1885

The pictures need to be bigger.

Do you even large thumbnail?

So American.

>Pictures need to be smaller
    >Pictures need to be bigger

No.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemishowl View Post
    >Pictures need to be smaller
    >Pictures need to be bigger

No.
    Pictures need to be fucking thumbnailed.

Go refresh yourself

Hey guys. Thanks for the invite this week. My Horde hunter is a little behind in gear and I feel like you can do better as the dps requirements and damage taken goes up. Still, if you need fill ins at the bottom of the roster I would be glad to come. Ricket has me on realid and I'm on Illidan so Artemis can get a hold of me too.

I have some crazy ideas about killing maegara. It would probably require outside the box thinking, maybe even tanking trinkets. But perhaps that is too much to ask of 25 people.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaity View Post
    Hey guys. Thanks for the invite this week. My Horde hunter is a little behind in gear and I feel like you can do better as the dps requirements and damage taken goes up. Still, if you need fill ins at the bottom of the roster I would be glad to come. Ricket has me on realid and I'm on Illidan so Artemis can get a hold of me too.

I have some crazy ideas about killing maegara. It would probably require outside the box thinking, maybe even tanking trinkets. But perhaps that is too much to ask of 25 people.
    Perhaps not as crazy as you think. And thank you for coming this past week! If you want to present ideas, post and stuff! If we can possibly conquer heroic meg (our plan was to skip due to how nuts the damage is) then better off for us!

You know I'm there if you need me. Dat Asian APM, amirite?

Seriously though, I think most of what I bring is the ability to stand still and facetank Sha with deterrence instead of running to Africa like everyone else.

That's the main issue with an all-hunter raid, resisting the urge to run away and kite when something is on you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Twitch.tv/Alvarie - Streaming all the raids i attend.

#teamhunter

Interested. Kisshot#1230

Quote Originally Posted by Kisshot View Post
    Interested. Kisshot#1230
    Well hello there, Kisshot. I'm assuming that's you from Kil'Jaeden. I'm adding you right now.

Yeah thats me >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Kisshot View Post
    Yeah thats me >.>
    Hey no need for the face, just saying hi!

I spent a bit of time doing napkin math and Maegara looks bleak. Rampage damage, considering nothing else looks like this.

1st: 1,522,500
    2nd: 1,645,000
    3rd: 1,767,500
    4th: 1,890,000
    5th: 2,012,500
    6th:2,135,000
    Total: 10,972,500 per person

If you are super geared Spirit Bond will heal for 2.3 million or so over 3 minutes. The problem is living for 3 minutes.

I looked at the tot normal kill. Some of the people that did the best job healing themselves did the worst dps because of the constant pet swapping.

I looked at iron hawk. 1.1m damage reduction doesn't keep up with Spirit bond.

If you are super pro you might get 850k healing out of disengage/liberation.

Marks healing doesn't keep up with spirit beast, even if you inflated your stamina, its minimal gain

The only thing I looked at with meaningful benefit was Rook's Unlucky Talisman. It would be very hard to find 25 super geared hunters with that trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaity View Post
    I spent a bit of time doing napkin math and Maegara looks bleak. Rampage damage, considering nothing else looks like this.

1st: 1,522,500
    2nd: 1,645,000
    3rd: 1,767,500
    4th: 1,890,000
    5th: 2,012,500
    6th:2,135,000
    Total: 10,972,500 per person

If you are super geared Spirit Bond will heal for 2.3 million or so over 3 minutes. The problem is living for 3 minutes.

I looked at the tot normal kill. Some of the people that did the best job healing themselves did the worst dps because of the constant pet swapping.

I looked at iron hawk. 1.1m damage reduction doesn't keep up with Spirit bond.

If you are super pro you might get 850k healing out of disengage/liberation.

Marks healing doesn't keep up with spirit beast, even if you inflated your stamina, its minimal gain

The only thing I looked at with meaningful benefit was Rook's Unlucky Talisman. It would be very hard to find 25 super geared hunters with that trinket.
    Life-stealing trinkets were something to consider yeah. You also need to keep in mind how incredible the healing scales from your spirit mend when you have a trinket proc. There's several ideas floating around, but when we did it on normal we barely scraped by.