Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I could see orcs, trolls, tauren, goblin, and pandas living there.......so the majority of their races.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoaric View Post
    Oddly fitting for this.
    http://www.darklegacycomics.com/448

Money doesn't trump time, nor does it equate quality.
    I said, a bit more is expected from them nothing else. Money, in bussiness, means time and quality. If you want talented people to work with you, you need to pay them more. If you need to finish a product in a certain amount of time and you are aware that currently it's not possible, you hire more people.

I am sure some internet-trained-engineers will pick on last part, so let me explain. Hiring people costs money, time as well as internal resource (training). However, sometimes, you just need more people so you go head and hire. There is no other single company in market that directly tells their costumer that they do not have enough resources while earning a fortune from their gigantic player base (7m). Every costumer type but gamers would laugh to this "excuse" with their ass off.

Now, I wasn't complaining about garrison architecture. I just said I prefer forsaken ones. When devs say they have no resources, I honestly believe they mean it. 3D stuff takes time and I know it more than most people here but that doesn't take my fucking right to criticize blizzard for not hiring more people to produce more content in less time or with more variety. Nine months of same content before every x-pack while charging you with same amount is not acceptable. I canceled my subs at the end of wotlk, cata. I would do same in MoP if I've played it from the start. Gamer community needs less fanboys/lawyers and more conscious consumers.

Blizzard is a smart company, you hear "no resources" from the devs and sympathize while I am almost sure some, if not most, of the devs are also frustrated. I bet artists and designers in Blizzard would like to put variety in game as much as we want to see it but upper-level management is the part where greedy calls are made but you do not hear the "excuses" from them, that would piss the fuck out of you.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2014-07-14 at 04:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least they put in some arcane sentries you can position around to make some blue light strip thing..not sure of its purpose yet, but it looks neat!
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    I would have preferred the belf architecture and the belf music. I think they are absolutely gorgeous. Why did they need 2 years to make only a few orcish buildings is beyond my imagining
    Imagine that garrisons are more than a few buildings, and that they're not re-used blood elf assets. Now imagine that Warlords of Draenor contains more than just garrisons.

Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    It's not the colour scheme we're unhappy about. The structures are all in orc and Stormwind human architectural style. There's no in-game reason why the other races would abandon their own building styles. The only reason it's like this is an out-of-game one: development time.
    The weird part is the person in charge of actually getting the building done is a goblin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    The weird part is the person in charge of actually getting the building done is a goblin.
    The goblin that built and rebuilt Orgrimmar. So, he is following his own plans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone found out the purpose of the two arcane sentries in the horde base that have the glowing blue line/light connecting them? Puzzled still!

- - - Updated - - -

You can ride them like vehicles and move them around
    You're a towel.

Romans shouldn't have used Columns, those are totally Greek.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Can you make a garrison out of this? Well..if it actually IS a matter of "cobbling existing" - buildings together? Sure Blizzard. Knock it out. But is it?
    Gnomish garrisons would be underground, like gnomeregan. Goblins would use a "Garrison-in-a-box" clearly...

Don't get me wrong I'm not fussy about it
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    The goblin that built and rebuilt Orgrimmar. So, he is following his own plans.
    Yup, "orc architecture" was designed by a goblin. Actual orc architecture would be what the Mag'har were using in Nagrand in TBC. It's brown and uses a lot of domes and oculi.

On a side note, the Workshop large building looks entirely like Bilgewater architecture, or gnomish for the Alliance. So far it looks like the main exception to the rule.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're put in charge of a Horde Garrison, not a Blood Elf/Undead/Whatever Garrison. The Horde is overwhelmingly made up of Orcs. Also I Believe the goblin who designs the Garrison is the same one who was in charge of the Ogrimmar rebuild. It would be nice to have a base which was designed by your character ( and therefore by racial preference to some degree) but as it is you're in charge of a Horde base not your own base.

Maybe down the road we will see the whole thing have different skin options to make them more race flavored.
    Lets not forget we are going on its first time being used in the game, there is lots of upward movement.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

I agree, of course the ideal soltion would be that we can have our own racial garrisons, but as that is impossible, I think having the option between the Alliance and Horde architecture would be a welcome addition. The architect for the Horde is Gazlowe in any case, which means he can do anything for enough money. And I doubt painting the roofs in the Alliance garrison to red, and replacing the blue banners with red is so much unrealistic for them to be impossible.

The reasoning for doing it can be quite simple, if the Horde builds "alliance-like" garrison they can say they found the construction of stone buildings advantageous to the buildings out of wood and leather hides, and that they wanted to attract the attention away from the capital city of Bladespire. Oh, wait, we changed that.... If the Alliance builds "horde-like" garrison they can say they wanted to have a base of operations that would not stand out in this alien world in order to attract possible allies, and ward off possible enemies.

They didn't need to build entirely new garrison sets for each race- I think it would have been enough to make a couple buildings in the Horde and Alliance set be from another race. Say like the Arcane Tower being Blood Elf/High Elf in design, because you know what races are really into arcane magic? Elves. Or hey, if we've got a alchemist shop, perhaps that building could be Forsaken/Worgen in architecture. This way we'd get a bit of building diversity without straining development resources.

That's not the path Blizzard took, unfortunately, and they didn't seem interested in doing a dearly-needed redesign of Horde architecture either. The sharp-points-and-hard-metal-everywhere worked to emphasize Garrosh's militarism, but now that he's gone couldn't Blizz have taken the opportunity to come up with a more aesthetically pleasing look? Something I'd want to hang out in, rather than flee the moment I can?

The garrison looks fine as a throwback to the WC3 bases.

Quote Originally Posted by logintime View Post
    That's not the path Blizzard took, unfortunately, and they didn't seem interested in doing a dearly-needed redesign of Horde architecture either. The sharp-points-and-hard-metal-everywhere worked to emphasize Garrosh's militarism, but now that he's gone couldn't Blizz have taken the opportunity to come up with a more aesthetically pleasing look? Something I'd want to hang out in, rather than flee the moment I can?
    Believe it or not the Horde architecture always had the hard points and spikes/tusks decorating their buildings. The Garrosh-themed architecture was always signature black iron.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelk View Post
    The Horde is overwhelmingly made up of Orcs.
    That is... not true. Their population has probably taken the biggest hits of all the races and the most hits aswell. I'd assume that if it took all the other races to take down the Orcish Horde... that the Orcs are kinda struggling with numbers, especially since it's only been 10-15 years since they left the interment camps.

Probably most populace races are the Forsaken and the Blood Elves.

I think my issue is every structure looks exactly the same with a couple exceptions. Anyways I doubt garrisons are going to be anything more than a "well I'm done with pvp/raids for the week" lemme grind kinda deal..

I don't care what it looks like. They could stick plain brown cardboard boxes in the garrison for all I care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shireshireshireton, shireville, the shire
    On a sidenote, where are they getting all these tusks? Surely the whole biomass of Azeroth, Outland, and Draenor can't possibly support this many large animals with large tusks. I had the same issue with Wrath, in particular how they were able to make an entire fortress out of bone. I know Lordaeron was pretty much wiped clean of humans, but even so it would have been an amazing logistical operation to ship those bones all the way to ICC.
    Quote Originally Posted by perix View Post
    there are people that think war is like cod.
    That covers just about every twelve year old in America.

Quote Originally Posted by sweepdeepsPL View Post
    On a sidenote, where are they getting all these tusks? Surely the whole biomass of Azeroth, Outland, and Draenor can't possibly support this many large animals with large tusks. I had the same issue with Wrath, in particular how they were able to make an entire fortress out of bone. I know Lordaeron was pretty much wiped clean of humans, but even so it would have been an amazing logistical operation to ship those bones all the way to ICC.
    Haha one can only imagine the Goblins or UD have concocted some insane cloning method. Tusks are a hot commodity.