Page 44 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    It is the same as when a party wipes and I am alive still or the first on the spot - people yell in chat: ffs healer rez me - or they say REZZZZ in chat before I even arrive and then say REZZZZZ!!!!!!! when I actually do. I seriously do not resurrect those people. They can fucking walk.
    Ahhh the good old days of raiding... thanks for that blast of nostalgia! lol

The guild i was in for most of my Wow lifetime had a rule that nobody got a res after a wipe... everyone had to run back. It actually worked very well... but that run back through ICC!

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    Ahhh the good old days of raiding... thanks for that blast of nostalgia! lol

The guild i was in for most of my Wow lifetime had a rule that nobody got a res after a wipe... everyone had to run back. It actually worked very well... but that run back through ICC!
    Same - from ICC onwards I told my guild that (I was GM) I wanted them to walk back, all of them. Ofcourse exceptions were there if there was some real life situation etc. The first raid this lead to a lot of anger from members towards my decisions. They weren't used to it and they felt like I was making the period between attempts artificially longer and thus the progress we had that night was subpar.

The 3rd night was the night they all ran back all the time. And voila, never before had we so little downtime between attempts. Hunters used Aspect and others that had speed buffs would use them. The ones bitching to me apologized.

But my post was mainly towards 5 mans I didn't have people who yelled Rezz!!!! at me or other healers in my guild. If they ever did they were kicked. Not only that, I did not invite such childish people.

Deleted
    While I am not going to defend bad behavior. I do understand that if someone said: Summon me scrubz!!!111 - I sure as hell won't summon them.

It is the same as when a party wipes and I am alive still or the first on the spot - people yell in chat: ffs healer rez me - or they say REZZZZ in chat before I even arrive and then say REZZZZZ!!!!!!! when I actually do. I seriously do not resurrect those people. They can fucking walk.

1. as a healer and it is my role, why would you as the player who is dead assume that I won't resurrect you? I will forget? I won't check the portraits or healing UI I have to see if you are indeed dead still?
    2. why are you being a fucking dickhead about it? Why the need for caps or repeating comments about being resurrected?
    3. Do you see me standing over your corpse and afk for 2 min? No I am still fucking running to you, you lazy fucking mouthbreather. So why bother asking for a resurrection?
    That's not what i meant... i've seen this happen without anyone being rude.
    invite for Ordos... warlocks are there, but no one wants to summon the people that are in orgrimmar, telling them to run O.o dafuq!?
    they really wanna wait 20 minutes "just because"?

Quote Originally Posted by Everztar View Post
    That's not what i meant... i've seen this happen without anyone being rude.
    invite for Ordos... warlocks are there, but no one wants to summon the people that are in orgrimmar, telling them to run O.o dafuq!?
    they really wanna wait 20 minutes "just because"?
    yeah thats bad from them. And I have seen that behavior too.

Deleted
    Same - from ICC onwards I told my guild that (I was GM) I wanted them to walk back, all of them. Ofcourse exceptions were there if there was some real life situation etc. The first raid this lead to a lot of anger from members towards my decisions. They weren't used to it and they felt like I was making the period between attempts artificially longer and thus the progress we had that night was subpar.

The 3rd night was the night they all ran back all the time. And voila, never before had we so little downtime between attempts. Hunters used Aspect and others that had speed buffs would use them. The ones bitching to me apologized.

But my post was mainly towards 5 mans I didn't have people who yelled Rezz!!!! at me or other healers in my guild. If they ever did they were kicked. Not only that, I did not invite such childish people.
    Yes, indeed running is underestimated... but luckily enough there's this thing called MASS RESS... that we used ONCE per boss (due to cooldown we wouldn't do it twice per boss) however... if 1 Mass Resurrection was used, after that we all would run no one had a problem with it... it's just all those lonewolves that are going to Ordos or things like that... they always seem upset or angry lol.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah thats bad from them. And I have seen that behavior too.
    There will always be people behaving bad, we can't remove that...

1. Rogues ninja pulling and then Vanish and leave dungeon
    2. Hunters Misdirect to someone they hate...
    3. Healers that "wont heal" the tank after they politely said: "I'm taking huge damage here, please focus"
    4. People that leave dungeon in middle of fight cuz they "don't want to die" (i think this is fixed now... you won't get ported until fight ends? atleast in Normal / HC)
    5. Tanks that refuse to tank the boss if we don't kick a certain player because he said "Dude, why Stamina gem?"
    6. People resetting boss because they don't want to die because they can't afford a Repair?
    7. People refusing to mount/Jeeves and tells you to go repair in a capitol... just because they feel "they have the power"
    8. People going super crazy yelling CR FUCKING CR ME OMG CR ME OMG NOOBS WE WILL WIPE "afk or having lowest dps"
    9. well what else? oh right... people making PUG, going masterlooter and ninjas the shit for his friends saying "oops, misclick"

the funny thing is... i've lived to see all of those with my own eyes, and i must say... i'm happy it don't happen more often

What other game in history is still pulling these numbers after ten years? You guys keep tossing up MMO's saying they are WoW killers and each and every one hasn't come close. Is it the same game it was in Vanilla? No, and that's a good thing. Sure some things have been watered down since the "good ole days." But I recall the good ole days being a rather insane and frustrating cluster-fudge in many ways. If you don't like the game anymore, don't play. It's fine to dislike something you once enjoyed. But for the love of all stop presenting your opinions and views as facts. The game isn't going to fail because you don't like it. As much as you might hate it now, there are still several million people that would disagree. The spark isn't lost, it's just not the spark YOU want. So go off and play whatever you think is the better choice, and we'll be here if you ever feel like coming back. And please let us know if you find anything amazing.

Deleted
    You're comparing getting bored of a ten year old game to your daughter becoming a crackhead???

I've quit the game as well, it's become boring. What's the big deal? Life goes on son!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazen View Post
    What other game in history is still pulling these numbers after ten years? You guys keep tossing up MMO's saying they are WoW killers and each and every one hasn't come close. Is it the same game it was in Vanilla? No, and that's a good thing. Sure some things have been watered down since the "good ole days." But I recall the good ole days being a rather insane and frustrating cluster-fudge in many ways. If you don't like the game anymore, don't play. It's fine to dislike something you once enjoyed. But for the love of all stop presenting your opinions and views as facts. The game isn't going to fail because you don't like it. As much as you might hate it now, there are still several million people that would disagree. The spark isn't lost, it's just not the spark YOU want. So go off and play whatever you think is the better choice, and we'll be here if you ever feel like coming back. And please let us know if you find anything amazing.
    World of Waracraft aw at 12M only 3 years ago... so yeah... it's not as if they had 12M for 10 years...

they've lost 50% of their playerbase in 3 years...

no other MMORPG has lost 50% of their playerbase in 3 years...

if you want to compare WoW to any other MMO(rpg) then you have to count in percentage... no other MMO has ever had the privilege to have 12Million subscribers. so you can't expect anyone to count Subscriber loss per subscriber. we're doing PERCENTAGE OF PLAYERBASE.
    and then i can tell you... WoW has both GROWN the quickest yet LOST PLAYERS the quickest.

and just to clear something out...

Blizzard -> WOW
    NCSOFT -> Aion, Blade & Soul, Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Lineage, Lineage II, WildStar
    (all those games together has more than 6.8M subscribers)

NCSOFT is the real World of Warcraft killers. only they produced many great games to bring WoW down

in other words

NCSOFT > BLIZZARD in terms of MMORPG PLAYERBASE

the good thing about NCSOFT is that... they don't turn their products into something completely else between the years... they make A NEW GAME instead if they get any new ideas..

WoW only have 1 mmorpg... so when they get "brilliant" ideas... they implement them and ruin the game for many players *YAY*

Blizzard could even turn StarWars MMO into Telletubbies FPS if they noticed it'll generate more money

blizzard decided back in 2007 to make a new game which was the "Project Titan" MMOrpg
    but recently they said that Titan is going to be something completely else than what they had in mind in the beginning... it might not even be an MMO...
    and something tells me that they turned WoW into Titan and therefore noticed it would be unnecessary to make a new MMO!

*** Jokes aside... i do know that World of Warcraft has changed a lot since i first got there... but i'm doing my best to adapt... i just miss having friends that would help me out and all that, friends that made the game feel not-so-single-player-ish :c i really miss those times... and i also miss feeling excited of killing a boss because i might get loot... i don't get that kind of kick anymore... cuz i know it's not that hard to get it... i also miss the DKP system that people used :c ***

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by creedster View Post
    You're comparing getting bored of a ten year old game to your daughter becoming a crackhead???

I've quit the game as well, it's become boring. What's the big deal? Life goes on son!
    Yup, it'd be pretty much the same frustration... only the daughter is personal and WoW is just a game...
    Last edited by mmoc8a4a8e38ae; 2014-08-15 at 09:38 AM.

World of Waracraft aw at 12M only 3 years ago... so yeah... it's not as if they had 12M for 10 years...

they've lost 50% of their playerbase in 3 years...

no other MMORPG has lost 50% of their playerbase in 3 years...

Yeah, usually they loose 50% of their playerbase in 3 months. Like a Wildstar.

Hahahaha this made me laugh so hard xD

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, Attunaments aren't stupid... wanna know whats stupid?

"LF1M SoO NORMAL need tank"

- Hi, 561 Warrior tank here!

- Oh, you have achievement?

- Not yet, sry... 13/14 :/

- Sry n00b, you can't come.

i mean seriously... back in the days... as long as you were attuned... you could come... cuz being attuned showed that you truly wanted to go and that you weren't a "n00b"

- - - Updated - - -

looks like someone hasn't read the thread at all! #cheers
    You are delusional. The only place that you could come with PuG before attunements were lifted was Karazhan.
    Last edited by LazarusLong; 2014-08-15 at 10:02 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post

You are delusional. The only place that you could come with PuG before attunements were lifted was Karazhan.
    Pugged MC and BWL many times bruh, with guilds that had 35/40 online etc...

you must've had bad reputation #sadness

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh my days! the end is nigh!!

There is always people like you around every corner in the entirety of wow history, always with the 'OMG WOW IS DEEEED' preacher and it never changes.
    If wow did die isn't it about time anyways? after DAOC,UO,Lineage,EQ. the game has 100% dominated MMO circuit and everything else MMOwise that tried to latch on has just gone up in flames and it's ashes blowing away bit by bit.
    It's just not WoW that is "dying" it's MMO's in general, more and more people are sick of the old formula and every game that has tried to revamp it has just failed miserably.

You let me know how the wow killers AoC,GW2,WS,TESO,Rift,Champions Online,CoH/CoV,SWTOR,Warhammer online, Secret World, LOTRO
    Tera, DC Universe,Aion are all doing will you?
    Garrosh Hellscream
    When death arrives, will you stand and face it? or kneel in defeat?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOrcsMatter View Post
    Oh my days! the end is nigh!!

There is always people like you around every corner in the entirety of wow history, always with the 'OMG WOW IS DEEEED' preacher and it never changes.
    If wow did die isn't it about time anyways? after DAOC,UO,Lineage,EQ. the game has 100% dominated MMO circuit and everything else MMOwise that tried to latch on has just gone up in flames and it's ashes blowing away bit by bit.
    It's just not WoW that is "dying" it's MMO's in general, more and more people are sick of the old formula and every game that has tried to revamp it has just failed miserably.

You let me know how the wow killers AoC,GW2,WS,TESO,Rift,Champions Online,CoH/CoV,SWTOR,Warhammer online, Secret World, LOTRO
    Tera, DC Universe,Aion are all doing will you?
    they're all together going strong... why do u think that WoW lost so many members? people found better MMO's...

*** Blizzard -> WOW
    NCSOFT -> Aion, Blade & Soul, Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Lineage, Lineage II, WildStar
    (all those games together has more than 6.8M subscribers)

NCSOFT is the real World of Warcraft killers. only they produced many great games to bring WoW down

in other words

NCSOFT > BLIZZARD in terms of MMORPG PLAYERBASE

the good thing about NCSOFT is that... they don't turn their products into something completely else between the years... they make A NEW GAME instead if they get any new ideas..

WoW only have 1 mmorpg... so when they get "brilliant" ideas... they implement them and ruin the game for many players *YAY*

Blizzard could even turn StarWars MMO into Telletubbies FPS if they noticed it'll generate more money

blizzard decided back in 2007 to make a new game which was the "Project Titan" MMOrpg
    but recently they said that Titan is going to be something completely else than what they had in mind in the beginning... it might not even be an MMO...
    and something tells me that they turned WoW into Titan and therefore noticed it would be unnecessary to make a new MMO! ***

7+ Year Old Account
    they're all together going strong... why do u think that WoW lost so many members? people found better MMO's...

Hahaha you little troll you, if you are being serious i fear for you.
    Garrosh Hellscream
    When death arrives, will you stand and face it? or kneel in defeat?

Quote Originally Posted by Doomthulsa View Post
    It was fun for its time. But like I said I would never want to go back to paying thousands of gold for flying, spam endlessly for pugs to do heroics or be stuck doing Kara when guilds were doing BT and SWP.
    You werent good enough for BT or SWP if you were stuck in Kara when they were out. "I deserve it because I'm here" killed the game. I guess I should demand free gold be mailed to me if I invest my time in raiding rather than earning gold. I guess I should demand rated pvp mounts be given to me because I'm not good enough to earn them. I paid I should be able to experience high end pvp because my 15 dollars is the same as yours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOrcsMatter View Post
    Hahaha you little troll you, if you are being serious i fear for you.
    HAHAHA don't make me cry of laughter little young-blood
    NCSOFT has 4 games on the top-list that was revealed the other week... O.o
    fear me... because i am the superior. #ignored

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    You werent good enough for BT or SWP if you were stuck in Kara when they were out. "I deserve it because I'm here" killed the game. I guess I should demand free gold be mailed to me if I invest my time in raiding rather than earning gold. I guess I should demand rated pvp mounts be given to me because I'm not good enough to earn them. I paid I should be able to experience high end pvp because my 15 dollars is the same as yours.
    That has nothing to do with what he was saying.

SSC and TK BT and SWP got increasingly more demanding and all required 25 players and Kara only 10. A lot of casual guilds could not make the step up to get into 25man and a lot of 25man guilds were endlessly stranded doing TK and SSC. Attunements and guild poaching played a large role in that as well.

Having 10/25 raiding formats with different difficulties made raiding more open to the masses and was good for the game. Blizzard does not want to make the most expensive content and only have a tiny % see it. The bean counters wont have it.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rangore View Post
    I cant think it would be that hard to do, they have to have those itterations of the game lying around somewhere. just throw them on a server.
    I actually remember in a interview they said it wouldn't be that easy as they don't keep every build just laying around the office, since they have updated the engine and game so much they would in theory have to make it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post

Lol shot's fired. Wildstar was all hype.

Deleted
    Wait what...? Warhammer Online's servers has been shut down.. Tera is like a desert.. You say that they all together are going strong.. Yes, it's multiple games you compare to WoW alone... WoW is 1 game, not multiple.. If you take ALL Blizzards games and compare it to the others, Blizzard is still dominating! WoW itself is Dominating the other games - That 1 game, has more subs than the others.. Maybe not if you take the others and put them all in one group as you do, but if you compare it 1 by 1, WoW has more..

And if there are so many changes you can only see wearing the negative goggles, then stop playing.. You stated you "still enjoy the game" then why open the subject? Stop complaining - things change, the world doesn't look like it did 10 years ago either, and Blizzard HAS to makes changes to keep the game interesting. Would you find it funny to do the same thing, over and over, through multiple ex-pacs and patches without a single change?
    I doubt it.

Oh, and one last thing. If you really want to roleplay that much, you should go to Argent Dawn or some of the other roleplaying servers. There are lots of things happening there. And pvp, there are lots of pvp servers where people keep ganking eachother.
    Otherwise, find a private server. But atleast give WoD a chance. It might be really good and way better than you are expecting. If you still enjoy the game as you say you do, you shouldn't hesitate in trying the new game. That will be exciting as it's new.

Have a pleasent day.
    Last edited by mmoc8ab0d84d80; 2014-08-15 at 01:09 PM.

Pugged MC and BWL many times bruh, with guilds that had 35/40 online etc...

you must've had bad reputation #sadness
    I'v cleared Naxx and Sunwell at the time, so never ran in PuG. Also, I'm obviously talking about TBC. Vanilla attunements (Clearing BRD once? Clear UBRS once?) hardy worth mentioning. Almost every lvl60 had them, it was in no way a check.

And really, your argument for attunements is Molten Core pugs, something that can be done by braindead person? As I said, you are delusional.