Page 33 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by g01851 View Post
    ^^^ This.

If you don't like the direction the game has gone, don't play it anymore. Problem solved.
    This and huuur nostalgia are really the most stupid things I've read here.

Had a problem with your GF? break up with her.
    Had an argument with your boss? Ask to be fired.
    Don't like your pc? Throw it in the garbage.

Stood in the Fire n7stormreaver's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bentusi View Post
    That was at the start of WOTLK, and people were responding to the awesomeness that was Classic and Burning Crusade, obviously expecting more of the same. They got a watered down arcade game with free epics and left again. The first major drop-off in WoW subs took place during WOTLK, when welfare epics were introduced.
    Actually, peak of subscribers was listed on October 7th, 2010, precisely 2 months before The Cataclysm hit.

Deleted
    I'd like to know when the people who always say 'It's notalgia' started playing haha

mop babies

Stood in the Fire n7stormreaver's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I'd like to know when the people who always say 'It's notalgia' started playing haha

mop babies
    Such an ignorance.

I'm surprised this has made 33 pages - its simple. Evolve or die. If WoW was the same as vanilla for 9 years, it wouldn't be 9 years old, it'd be dead.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted

mop babies
    I started playing in beta 2004 and I call the whiners nostalgia babies. The simple fact you people can not accept that games and people change in the course of 10 years is simply a mental weakness of yours. You are so (butt)hurt about this game changing as if you had nothing left in live worth living for. That's why you write essays about how YOU would like the game to be, as if your opinion was ANYTHING special (hint: it's not). So stop whining. get over wow and get a life. Start caring about things that matter, not about a video game

edit: to be honest i haven't seen a lot of vanilla players wearing the nostalgia goggles. it's mostly BC babies and WOTLK babies. Acting as if they were oldschool
    Last edited by mmoc5b249aa738; 2014-08-03 at 12:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Harder 5 mans are so nostalgia dude...
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ZwuckeL View Post
    as if your opinion was ANYTHING special
    Wow, this looks almost like an opinion! Oh but I forget that hypocrisy, logical fallacies and insults are all you`ve got while defending Blizzard.
    And just so you know, if someone trademarked chess and decided to change the rules, to make it more "casual friendly", I`d complain about that too. And it`s not because I`m "old school", "nostalgic" or "refusing to evolve", but because it`s stupid to change something that`s already good. And the same thing is the case with WoW. It was good, had roles (again, role playing game), a properly tuned difficulty level for everything, not just heroic raids, incentivized community building and player activism rather than passivity and consumerism, and good gear was hard to get, not handed out like it`s Christmas for pushing a button and waiting five minutes.
    These are not whines. These are facts. There`s a reason all the RPG players have abandoned WoW.
    Last edited by Bentusi; 2014-08-03 at 08:16 PM.

I would pay a subscription fee of $39.95/mo for the way Warcraft used to be.
    Attunements, dedication, mastering your class, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Titheon View Post
    I would pay a subscription fee of $39.95/mo for the way Warcraft used to be.
    Attunements, dedication, mastering your class, etc.
    Why not play on one of the free servers if you prefer a former patch?

I've been subscribed since Nov. 2004 and was in the tiny minority that saw Nefarion die in Vanilla (nobody on my server cleared Naxx in Vanilla). The OP is looking at things through rose colored glasses and exaggerating the things he doesn't like now. In the nearly 10 years I have played I have gone through burnout and renewed interest many time (currently on a burst of renewed interest), but that has always been on me.

Are there changes I don't like? Of course, I do think the general game (not heroic raiding) has gotten too easy, but cie la vie. I hope WoD is balanced to be more like BC questing and dungeoning. Raids, sans LFR, are fine as they are in MoP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Why not play on one of the free servers if you prefer a former patch?
    The lag, the fake and unstable shit...

- - - Updated - - -

mop babies
    Indeed, indeed...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    I'm surprised this has made 33 pages - its simple. Evolve or die. If WoW was the same as vanilla for 9 years, it wouldn't be 9 years old, it'd be dead.
    New content, new levels and new spells would be enough, arenas and new battlegrounds would be nice...

But flying mounts and cross realm? That's what ruined it.

Quote Originally Posted by Everztar View Post
    The lag, the fake and unstable shit...

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed, indeed...

- - - Updated - - -

New content, new levels and new spells would be enough, arenas and new battlegrounds would be nice...

But flying mounts and cross realm? That's what ruined it.
    do you gank low level players because i dont see any other reason why flying mounts ruin the game

Deleted
    I am gonna just pointing out some facts about how popular wow was and is right now. Durring vannila, TBC and Wrath Wow got bigest raise in number of subcribers. It was game where you had dedicate yourself to actualy see content. When Blizzard introduced systems what allowed for most of the players see content WoW sudennly start lossing players. Yes i heard lot of you that people changed and bla bla they got families and bla bla so they dont have time anymore to stick with game and bla bla. People had families back in vannila, they were mature back in vannila, they had same free time back in vanilla. Maybe some vannila veterans dont have time what they used to have. But wow isnt filled only by veterans. New people start playing or used to start playing every day. Actualy it was over 100 million unique accounts what was created and only 7m (now even less then that) still playing. WoW stop growing as game and switch to mod where Blizzard trying to milk it befor it dies. Vannila was sandobx game where blizzard created content then let you enter the world and play how you want. Now everything is handed to you. There is no goal in the game. You can see whole content in jsut few days which makes game even more boring after you see everything.

Back in TBC i was casual in casual guild. My progress end about 50% into BT. And i wasnt mad at all that i didnt saw whole content becouse i had fun whole expansion. Why? Becouse there was always goal for me to work for. World look more alive and no just bunch of UI and instances and 6565 difficulties.

Btw to everyone who defend wow that even after 10y it have 7m subs. Many even older games got even more players than that and it is still growing. Age of the game doest not affect sub grow. It it stupid decisions in development of the game what cause sub losts. And those 7m are not acurrate at all . Since many players got more active accs and eastern wow subs got different system for subscripion what mess with this stats. So beliave me or not but wow can have 7m subs but only about 5mil active players what actualy play the game.
    Last edited by mmoca9a2d58f1f; 2014-08-03 at 02:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everztar View Post
    Indeed, indeed...
    Indeed? You've been called out by at least a dozen Vanilla players that I've seen and I haven't even spent much time in this thread. They challenged you fact for fact and those were normally the posts you chose not to reply to, conveniently.

I'm still wondering what the goal is, here.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Playing Vanilla doesn't make you right no matter which side your on. How do we know you weren't the worst player on your server?

WoW is OK in my opinion. I like every expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vipers View Post
    do you gank low level players because i dont see any other reason why flying mounts ruin the game
    Ganking high levels... How am I supposed to do this? No one is at ground, ever...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    Indeed? You've been called out by at least a dozen Vanilla players that I've seen and I haven't even spent much time in this thread. They challenged you fact for fact and those were normally the posts you chose not to reply to, conveniently.

I'm still wondering what the goal is, here.
    It's 50/50 and i replied to the most of them, go re-read...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Playing Vanilla doesn't make you right no matter which side your on. How do we know you weren't the worst player on your server?
    Hahaha, you're funny... There was plenty of people with worse gear, or that didn't even reach 60... Until tbc...

The answer is never. What is old cannot be made new again. Only something new and exciting can be new and exciting.

That was one hell of a post, so I only read about half :P If you think you couldn't one-shot people, think twice. Used to PvP with a hunter, best ally team on Burning Legion, we often played against Nihilum (for those of you who don't remember they were the best guild at a certain time), I could one-shot their full epic mages with my half blue hunter, Aimed Shot was OP and no resilience made it even more OP :3

But WoW is 10 years old game, it's obvious it will get boring some day. While I agree game got dumbed down and scaled for 12 years old boys/weekend players, many of your arguments are... not really good. Endless grind was stupid and nowdays nobody would do that anyway, people have learnt how to earn with auction house. I agree that rate at which you become full epic is idiotic, but with all encounters being based on controlling your dps (too fast may be bad, too slow will be bad) you need good itemization. Blizz lost its way around WLK/laaate TBC and now they cannot really get back on it, that's why we're getting stat squish and WoD resembles TBC so much.