Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepinch View Post
    There are 5-6 ways of getting honor without stepping foot inside a bg.
    Lets see here:
    1) Convert Justice Points to Honor Points (still very grindy due to the nerf)
    2) Dailies
    3) Actual Battlegrounds
    4) The rares in Krasarang Wilds (one time a day, therefore not that great in the long run)
    5) Killing people in wPvP (which gives you very little honor)
    6) Winning Tol Barad/Wintergrasp
    7) ???
    Is there anything else?
    Last edited by Gersemi; 2014-07-15 at 07:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You used to be able to redeem Wintergrasp tokens for honor and you could use them across your account. Helped gear up my alts quickly and it was quite nice to catchup and be able to actually be effective. They should bring the BoA tokens back imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canaridra View Post
    Lets see here:
    1) Convert Justice Points to Honor Points (still very grindy due to the nerf)
    2) Dailies
    3) Actual Battlegrounds
    4) The rares in Krasarang Wilds (one time a day, therefore not that great in the long run)
    5) Killing people in wPvP (which gives you very little honor)
    6) Winning Tol Barad/Wintergrasp
    7) ???
    Is there anything else?
    Nope you got em all - using a mixed bag of these you have a full set of 522 in a few days to 1 week

Not exactly a crazy grind if you ask me ( compared to other grind in this game )

Not exactly a crazy grind if you ask me ( compared to other grind in this game )
    Well yeah it's a pretty easy grind, just very frustrating in the beginning with 460 ilevel.

There was a way in WoTLK, one of the vendors in WG would allow you to send honor to another character. Was kind of sad to see it go though.
    Also there should be a boost for honor, last time I really PvPed was in WoTLK and anything below. Back then it wasn't hard to get honor, especially in BC. Now though,it's a pain. They're pushing you to PvE to get PvP gear. There is no fun in that.
    Even if you do the BGs to get gear, only good amount ofhonor is the first win. After that it barely does anything and is a lot quicker to do the JP -> HP.

But remember you can also do the Thunder Isle dailies for honor, the rares in Krasarang Wilds(the PvP ones), as well as Vault (25 man gives you a lot more).

Oh no, bad idea, horribleeee :O It's an MMO - and gear progression! Isn't it FUN to finally be able to buy that chest, or that helmet, after a bunch of shitty BGs?!

Haha, no, I'm just kidding. I think it's a brilliant idea! My main ... Geared to 550 ages ago. Buying hypnotic dust and transmog items, transferring HP to JP to buy more transmog shit. All the HP going to nothing, basically. And 7k unspent CP too

So, I finally got around to it, and had a mage hitting 90 (staring into a wall is more fun than Mop lvling). Since I just pvp, it's time to get them BGs going. Oh wow. So much fun! Die when someone fully prideful looks at you and be essentially dead-weight to your team. You can't solo shit. Yeh, you can CC some, until an enemy notices you and smashes your face in.

This is completely absolutely fucking horrible. Im like "omfg 496 timeless item for meeeee!" and then that item is still 2 gemslots and 54 ilvls behind the prideful item.
    It takes forever to gear up and its not fun at all. No, really, Pandaland lvling would be more fun. And not only do you have to endure being a HK feeder for the opposite team, but you take verbal abuse from your own faction too

"do all other things besides bgs to gear up". No, I like bgs (when i can contribute, but hey) and I want to gear for pvp by doing pvp - is that hard to understand? Apparently. Sadly

The ability to transfer HP from one char to another would help this journey of gearing up tremendously. Fuck induvidual progress, fuck pve for the sake of getting pvp gear, fuck "gear progression". Whoever enjoys gearing up at this stage of the game are reminding me of those people who whipped themselves during the Black Plague.

Gearing up now = not fun, and is one of the reasons I'm not playing that much anymore. It takes forever and is frustrating and going back to staring at a wall is a far better option as far as I'm concerned

Yeah I'd definitely love a way to increase honor-gain on alts. I'm pretty much burned out doing PvP on my main and I'd love to start doing it (properly) on one of my alts instead, but when I log onto one of them I get reminded of having to go through the painful grind again for a few days before you can actually start to PvP decently. Turns me off

10+ Year Old Account
    not a great solution to the problem, which is that it's not fun to play undergeared toons. whether you are an expert at that class or not.

would be nice if pvp gear was just free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    Oh no, bad idea, horribleeee :O It's an MMO - and gear progression! Isn't it FUN to finally be able to buy that chest, or that helmet, after a bunch of shitty BGs?!

Haha, no, I'm just kidding. I think it's a brilliant idea! My main ... Geared to 550 ages ago. Buying hypnotic dust and transmog items, transferring HP to JP to buy more transmog shit. All the HP going to nothing, basically. And 7k unspent CP too

So, I finally got around to it, and had a mage hitting 90 (staring into a wall is more fun than Mop lvling). Since I just pvp, it's time to get them BGs going. Oh wow. So much fun! Die when someone fully prideful looks at you and be essentially dead-weight to your team. You can't solo shit. Yeh, you can CC some, until an enemy notices you and smashes your face in.

This is completely absolutely fucking horrible. Im like "omfg 496 timeless item for meeeee!" and then that item is still 2 gemslots and 54 ilvls behind the prideful item.
    It takes forever to gear up and its not fun at all. No, really, Pandaland lvling would be more fun. And not only do you have to endure being a HK feeder for the opposite team, but you take verbal abuse from your own faction too

"do all other things besides bgs to gear up". No, I like bgs (when i can contribute, but hey) and I want to gear for pvp by doing pvp - is that hard to understand? Apparently. Sadly

The ability to transfer HP from one char to another would help this journey of gearing up tremendously. Fuck induvidual progress, fuck pve for the sake of getting pvp gear, fuck "gear progression". Whoever enjoys gearing up at this stage of the game are reminding me of those people who whipped themselves during the Black Plague.

Gearing up now = not fun, and is one of the reasons I'm not playing that much anymore. It takes forever and is frustrating and going back to staring at a wall is a far better option as far as I'm concerned
    Every last person who pvps would love to be able to gear easily through bgs ( doing pvp to get pvp gear ) we all understand this and people need to stop saying otherwise.

All we are doing is giving you the options available ( nothing more ) if their was another way we would gladly tell you so you can get to doing the bgs you love without getting "smashed"

We get it you like bg's and thats fine, don't blame us because blizz wants you to pve to get pvp gear ( not our fault )

Nope you got em all - using a mixed bag of these you have a full set of 522 in a few days to 1 week

Yep and now you are only 28 ilvls behind someone in full prideful. And because you didnt get your honor via bg's you have little to no conquest and a 21k cap this week?

Hopefully WOD changes will help. I don't think gearing would feel nearly as bad if I didn't have to spend 10-15 minutes between BG's just waiting for another queue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reveries1 View Post
    Yep and now you are only 28 ilvls behind someone in full prideful. And because you didnt get your honor via bg's you have little to no conquest and a 21k cap this week?

Hopefully WOD changes will help. I don't think gearing would feel nearly as bad if I didn't have to spend 10-15 minutes between BG's just waiting for another queue.
    I agree with you that it's not a beautiful system lol

Deleted
    I think the problem is that they assume people will stop playing if there isn't a carrot to chase, but I don't think that's the case at all with PvP. On the contrary, the fact that the grind is so miserable and needs to be repeated every season is probably making a lot of people feel bored and burned out. As several people said, PvP is more fun when you're fully geared, so making gear easier to collect would probably lead to more people participating and to more alts being rolled for PvP.

I think an easy solution would be to have only 2 tiers of PvP gear: one crafted and one acquired with a combination of honor and conquest. The ilvl difference between the two should be fairly small - enough to give someone with the full honor/conquest set a bit of an advantage, but not enough to make those wearing the crafted set feel underpowered and irrelevant.

The mats for the crafted set shouldn't be too expensive, so as to make it accessible to anyone, whether they are buying it or crafting it themselves. Once a new season begins, the previous season's crafted set should be brought in line with the previous honor/conquest set. This means that any freshly-dinged alt or any player who took a break could start on an even footing with everyone else. To prevent any unintentional bruising to epeens, the crafted sets could have a different, more modest skin than the honor/conquest ones.

Sure, this solution wouldn't do away with the grind completely, but it would merge two grinds into one and make it easier for people to catch up and to acquire a full set.

As one with many alts I'm unsure what my positioning on this is.
    Except for the fact horde will get longer queues.

problem is pve, everyone would then gear up alts via pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Crruor View Post
    problem is pve, everyone would then gear up alts via pvp
    And why would this be an issue? PvE gear will still be better in PvE but it would open up more options to PvE'rs besides a weekly raid. It also gets more dabbling pve'rs into pvp that may find out they actually enjoy it.

More options in this case doesn't seem like a bad idea and as long as PvE gear> PvP gear in PvE its still just a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Blithe View Post

Honorary Combatant
    When one of your characters has earned over 27,000 Honor (basically a full set of gear) for the season, all of your characters on the same realm earn 50% (or 100%) additional Honor Points.

I'd much rather gear 5 characters using all 5 of them and getting better at playing each class, than gear 5 characters by only using 1.
    This is the best idea I've seen yet, even better than the solution in Wotlk when you could buy boa honor tokens from Wintergrasp. This encourages people to actually play the character they want honor on (something blizz states they want) while making it easier for those that have been through the grind for that season.

I'd take this to twitter if I had an account.

Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    I don't see any downside to this.

2) People with alts would no longer have to bear the terrible burden of just constantly beint the sack to toss around in bg's while gearing up.
    Really? Think a bit harder. You won't be the sack to toss, but people gearing their main or fresh character will be. Will be a lot more unbalanced BGs due to X having 4 people grinding honor for alts vs Y having 0.
    We had it in the past by the way, there's a reason they removed it.

Also for WoD you will have the crates of goodies or whatever from bgs that CAN give you loot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

I don't understand why something isn't implemented. As simple as earning 23k honor (or w/e it is for a complete set) on one character and then on others you can buy honor gear for half price. Before full grevious you're just lol worthless in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    They said they want you to play the char you earn honor on. There's some logic to that, although I admit they are using a different logic in some other places.
    It's really really REALLY dumb logic with how it's become progressively more tedious to gear up a new character as ilvl inflation has made the difference between a fresh 90 and one in full prideful gear insanely massive.

WotLK did it pretty damn well with the marks you could get that were boa for honor.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Hess View Post
    I think the problem is that they assume people will stop playing if there isn't a carrot to chase,
    Exactly this, which I think is a fundamentally flawed theory in PvP. Yes some people will lose interest but I don't think most people will. PvP is about competition not grinding gear like PvE. I understand the rewarding feeling of grinding out the newest set but after the first time it just feels like a tremendous chore especially if you're competitive. Honestly I wish gear was not a thing in rated PvP, it shouldn't be and it ruins the essence of competition. Particularly in lower mmr's, even if you and your team are a notch above the opponents if they outgear you by 10-20 ilvls unless they're quite bad it's going to be tough simply because of their gear.