Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Is it critical success creating bonus XP? That's the only explanation I can think of.
    Does this actually exist in "normal" crafting, because I never noticed that happening when I leveled up Leatherworking, Weaponsmithing or Tailoring ?

It's more noticeable when you use a Craft Booster, which is highly useful on the expensive trek up through 400-500.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Is it critical success creating bonus XP? That's the only explanation I can think of.
    Granted, I never actually tested it out, just going by feeling, but it could be bonus XP.

Or maybe I just thought I discovered the same tier stuffs, when I didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    Granted, I never actually tested it out, just going by feeling, but it could be bonus XP.

Or maybe I just thought I discovered the same tier stuffs, when I didn't.
    That's possible too, discovered when it was going into green/blue/white instead of orange.

EDIT: It seems likely you skilled past 25 at which point the 0 req's went from orange to a lower con and gave less XP. All three armor makers follow the same basic pattern, Leatherworker linked for my convenience.

ugh need to get to weaponsmith 500 but... don't wanna XD

I have all the materials needed for 400-500 from farming over the months it's just leveling to 400 is zzzz
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I just tested it out.

I made a bunch of legging parts, then started on discoveries. At one point, the legging parts turned grey, but the helm parts are still orange. Discovering Vital helms gave me 3 skill points, but discovering Vital leggings now only gave me slightly less than a point. Huh, learnt something new.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    ugh need to get to weaponsmith 500 but... don't wanna XD

I have all the materials needed for 400-500 from farming over the months it's just leveling to 400 is zzzz
    Glad I'm already done with all of mine. At least it follows the same basic pattern as the majority and isn't Chef. I swear, someone at ANet wanted to be in the restaurant business, just like I still swear Tolkien wanted to write showtunes.

- - - Updated - - -

I made a bunch of legging parts, then started on discoveries. At one point, the legging parts turned grey, but the helm parts are still orange. Discovering Vital helms gave me 3 skill points, but discovering Vital leggings now only gave me slightly less than a point. Huh, learnt something new.
    Your general strategy will be, tier by tier, to make the parts you need for the discoveries that tier in the initial 25, make the cheapest discoveries in the next 25(blue quality), and repeat in the final 25(green quality).

I keep trying to make chocolate milk but for some reason milk+chocolate doesn't work

fu anet

(I know chocolate milk doesn't exist but still)
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Yeah, the exp from discoveries is definitely tied to the overall "level" of the materials used (including the refined ones). I thought you meant (as an example) you crafted 2 Vital helms and 1 gave a ton more exp or the other.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I keep trying to make chocolate milk but for some reason milk+chocolate doesn't work

fu anet

(I know chocolate milk doesn't exist but still)
    It's b/c you have to mix chocolate with yak curds.
    BAD WOLF

finally got my weaponsmithing up to 500 today. cost me 60 gold to get it from 474 to 500 though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    It's b/c you have to mix chocolate with yak curds.
    I read that as yak turds. Which would lend to the consistency and color of the milk.