Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Herald of the Titans (Prot Pala)

I've just finished leveling my prot pala to 80 so I can do Herald of the Titans, but I am having a hard time finding a gear list to work from as all the Chardev profiles google throws up dont work, could anyone link/help me out with a list?

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't even need to min/max for this dude. I did it about 3 months ago as a disc priest. Had prob about 80% of the gear I wanted and he died in about 4 pulls. Worst part is just getting a group together. Did mine on OpenRaid.

But the short answer...get your 4set from ulduar25 and just fill in with whatever pieces you can find.

More stam the better for survival. Can go strength / haste for dps if you're not worried about the survival aspect (easy if you know how to play the class). I'd just recommend the survival aspect if it's your first goal since you won't need the dps in a group of 5+
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Got a fair bit of loot from a run through 25man tonight, need a couple more pieces to finish off a "set"

Would it be better to get the ret set for the stats? I dont see the tank set bonuses being that useful.

Sure, 226 plate is 226 plate for the most part.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you are being unlucky with weapon drops, you can always try ToC10man Normal / ICC 5man Heroic for the weapons ( Not the armor since armor should only be max ilvl 226 while weapon can go to 232) :3
    I did it as a brewmaster monk so it's possible w/o set bonuses as well.
    I wish you good luck mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Tidow View Post
    If you are being unlucky with weapon drops, you can always try ToC10man Normal / ICC 5man Heroic for the weapons ( Not the armor since armor should only be max ilvl 226 while weapon can go to 232) :3
    I did it as a brewmaster monk so it's possible w/o set bonuses as well.
    I wish you good luck mate!
    I got lucky with the 232 Sword from Flame Leviathan so I think ima stick with that. Using the BoE Shield from Hodir, trying for the one from Thorim with the 2 sockets on it though.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Any suggestions on what I should be gemming? Haste? Mastery?

You can't get any significant mastery anymore so I prefer haste as it doubles as dps. Generally just go Stam > str > haste or if you want to try mastery Stam > str > mastery

I'm currently gearing my DK to do this FoS on OpenRaid. Like Chuupag said just farm your T8 at Ulduar 25 and fill the rest with 226 craft or 219ilv gear put some level 80 stamina enchant and gems on them, remember all armor gear should be 226 Max and the weapons and offhand 232.

Quote Originally Posted by Karazaskull View Post
    I'm currently gearing my DK to do this FoS on OpenRaid. Like Chuupag said just farm your T8 at Ulduar 25 and fill the rest with 226 craft or 219ilv gear put some level 80 stamina enchant and gems on them, remember all armor gear should be 226 Max and the weapons and offhand 232.
    Yeah I know about the weapons and armor limitations.
    Are you on EU by any chance? I'd be happy to join your grp for the FoS

When I did it, it was a bit of a faceroll. We were carefully gearing with optimal gear. Some people decided to try a week early, so I went with a pally in half ret/half holy gear instead of the resto shaman. She hit devotion aura just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you wait until the squish, you can just go in there with leveling/heirloom gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzete View Post
    When I did it, it was a bit of a faceroll.
    It's not hard at all; the most difficult part of it is recognizing which skills you don't have at Lv.80 (seriously, when I did it everyone forgot that Mages can't get Time Warp by then). Getting optimal gear is more of a courtesy than anything; anywhere from 213-226 works fine as long as you have just one person able to survive a Big Bang hit (because you will either get one or none of those).

I'm not even sure you need two tanks for it anymore. Algalon dies super fast.
    Last edited by arcaneshot; 2014-07-18 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    It's not hard at all; the most difficult part of it is recognizing which skills you don't have at Lv.80 (seriously, when I did it everyone forgot that Mages can't get Time Warp by then). Getting optimal gear is more of a courtesy than anything; anywhere from 213-226 works fine as long as you have just one person able to survive a Big Bang hit (because you will either get one or none of those).

I'm not even sure you need two tanks for it anymore. Algalon dies super fast.
    sounds like you did it pre enchant/gear nerf. chars tend to do 1/3 of the dps they did last patch (or lower)

You'd have to have a really good group to push it before first big bang now, not something you're just going to pickup randomly.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    sounds like you did it pre enchant/gear nerf. chars tend to do 1/3 of the dps they did last patch (or lower)

You'd have to have a really good group to push it before first big bang now, not something you're just going to pickup randomly.
    He doesn't fall over quite as quickly, but he's still a pushover. I 3-manned it 2 months ago with 2 tanks and a healer. It's still easy mode, just takes a few more minutes.

If you're going to do a (mostly) full group I wouldn't bother optimizing at all. Just put on some gear that meets the requirements and faceroll to victory. If you're trying to do it with just a couple people then maybe be a little bit more picky.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeba View Post
    He doesn't fall over quite as quickly, but he's still a pushover. I 3-manned it 2 months ago with 2 tanks and a healer. It's still easy mode, just takes a few more minutes.

If you're going to do a (mostly) full group I wouldn't bother optimizing at all. Just put on some gear that meets the requirements and faceroll to victory. If you're trying to do it with just a couple people then maybe be a little bit more picky.
    I never said he was difficult, just now unlike before he can actually kill people if something is messed up (constellations mostly, but standing in smash will kill too) compared to having 40k hp as a dps and 50k as a tank and being invincible. It's certainly a different ball game to how it was pre-patch

I'd agree with your second point. I'm not sure if you can 2 man it anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post

Actually did it a few weeks ago. Two tanks, two healers, the rest DPS. The pull he died half the DPS died to a single cosmic smash somehow and he transitioned right in the middle of casting Big Bang. If those people didn't die he wouldn't have been able to cast it. You're seriously overestimating his difficulty; sure the enchant thing would've made it even more faceroll, but without it doesn't make him that much more difficult.
    Last edited by arcaneshot; 2014-07-19 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Actually did it a few weeks ago. Two tanks, two healers, the rest DPS. The pull he died half the DPS died to a single cosmic smash somehow and he transitioned right in the middle of casting Big Bang. If those people didn't die he wouldn't have been able to cast it. You're seriously overestimating his difficulty; sure the enchant thing would've made it even more faceroll, but without it doesn't make him that much more difficult.
    Except I explained I wasn't talking about difficulty, at all.

It's been a while but I seem to recall doing it mostly with JP gear from the vendors, crafted gear and JC rings/amulets. Some were around i200. You actually need very few real drops. Also some of the Uld10 gear is BoE so you can farm it on your main.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had more fun soloing Wrath stuff for the gear (as 80 BM monk) than I did doing the actual achievement.