Poll: Who you are and do you like the direction of WOD development?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Question Who am I? Explorer, killer, achiever or socializer?

As you might noticed, there are many active discussions on this forums about several changes in direction of Wow's development. It changed from social- and reward-driven to more competition- and immersion-driven and this split community almost 50/50. I have a theory, why this happens and you may help me to prove it. As you can see, there is a poll in this thread and it's two-dimensional.

In order to participate in it you should complete two steps:
    1) Complete Bartle Test of Gamer Psychology and determine what kind of player you are: explorer, killer, achiever or socializer.
    2) Tell us, do you like the direction of development, Blizzard are choosing in WOD, or not.

Then combine this two and make your choice!

P.S:
    1)
    2) I don't like direction of WOD development
    Last edited by AVPaul; 2014-07-16 at 07:00 PM.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, this I tend to go with, I enjoy this kind of things.

1 - Take test and posted results.:

2 - My view and opinion.:

Currently enjoying a lot of the choices taken from Blizzard. The no flying, the rewards from exploring as well as giving us a little view of how the previous world could have been. I don't really accept the prolonged dry period though, or the fact that the Garrison seems to take a good time of your levelling.

Small note: The test site is very slow operating it seems.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-07-16 at 06:27 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I like flying - the freedom it gives, and the speed at which you get to where you want to be. -_-

Explorer. To me the point of WoW is to experience the questing and raids while listening and reading everything remotely lore-related. I am fairly happy with WoD by default. Also fairly pleased with the decision to not allow flying.

I'm an achiever, and I like the direction of this thread.

Problem is, most people aren't on beta, so their opinion would be incomplete at best. I think it would be just as interesting to make a thread that is "Explorer, killer, achiever, or socializer, and how do I feel about MoP?". Knowing their "type" and their opinions of content that we all know might show which types of changes in WoD will also be appreciated.

Just sayin.

15+ Year Old Account

Are there quests? Yup. Are there dungeons? Yup. Are there new items? Yup. Is there new music and art? Yup.

The "direction" WoD is going is that they made a bunch more stuff that I like, plus they're adding in some new stuff that I might like. I don't care about competitive gaming, fuck man, it's a game to enjoy. If you can't enjoy it unless it's your way or you're the best, I think you need to find a different hobby. Maybe you should put that competitive spirit into your work life and make something of yourself, instead of complaining that a video game isn't made the way you want it.

This test would take 1/8th the time if it loaded faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    1. i wanted to do that quiz but the site is soo goddam slow i gaved up on 5th question, so im gonna say i am a bit of all , fairly low on socializing and exploring tho.
    2. i dont like where the game is going

I got explorer, but mostly because I would get questions like this:

"Would you rather, kill an enemy or explore a new area?"

And WoW where killing enemies literally happens all the time with so little new areas to explore... ya.

This quiz was biased by me being a wow player and many of the questions didn't make sense to it.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

10+ Year Old Account

I mostly like the direction of WoD's development.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. I just gave up on the test after waiting over half an hour for the third question to load. So... achiever? I guess?

EDIT: Yay, it loaded! And I was right!

2. For the most part I like where WoD is going.
    Last edited by elrot; 2014-07-16 at 08:08 PM.

Stood in the Fire TheReptorGekko's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

2. I mostly where WoD is going.
    Last edited by TheReptorGekko; 2014-07-16 at 08:33 PM.

Explorer.

Despite my qualms with much of the current locale and some RP elements, overall it's a beautiful landscape with lots of cool looking shit to kill. I like where it's going for the most part.
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

Some of the choices here were a bit goofy, and forced me to sound more social than I really am, and care much more about gear than I really do.

Not sure if I like the direction or not, but overall I would say yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    That quiz is horrible, outdated, and useless in the context of modern MMOs. I don't feel it assessed anything correctly, nor did I learn anything, and my results were unproductive because it told me I was 53 / 53 / 53 / 40. But even that is useless, because > half the answers were me picking something essentially arbitrary because either the question, or the options, either made no sense in the context of WoW-forward MMOs, or did not apply to me at all.

Additionally, while I have some issues with what Blizzard is doing in WoD, these are mostly continuances of issues I've had with their development choices since Cataclysm. Most of my concerns aren't caused by WoD itself, and WoD's direction is neither exacerbating or alleviating my preexisting issues with the game, for the most part.

So overall — I really can't reply to this poll properly. But there, I explained why you get an empty data point instead.

Test took too long to load up each question, abandoned it around question 6 in impatience.

I'm looking forward to WoD; but trying to steer clear of too many spoilers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Damn, that site is slow. 30 questions with a minute loading time per question o.O

- - - Updated - - -

okay, maybe not a minute per question, but not fast at least. After question 19 I got a timeout and on reloading it was fast all of a sudden.

Well, no surprise for me. I dislike the direction WoW is taking in WoD. Especially after Bashioks comments on the no flying debacle... Seeing as I have only 13% in killer I doubt any explanation is needed there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    That quiz is horrible, outdated, and useless in the context of modern MMOs. I don't feel it assessed anything correctly, nor did I learn anything, and my results were unproductive because it told me I was 53 / 53 / 53 / 40. But even that is useless, because > half the answers were me picking something essentially arbitrary because either the question, or the options, either made no sense in the context of WoW-forward MMOs, or did not apply to me at all.
    Agree completely that quiz was made in 1996? Gaming landscape is a very different beast now. Not to mention takes forever to load.

However so far I don't mind the direction wow is going. I think the removal of flying is a great idea. I also like being able to see Draenor before it became outland.

Achiever. (Yeah that site is slow and sucks.)
    I don't like where WoD is going.