Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I really hope that they put the darker nights in WoD either on a toggle or a slider. Being color blind to darker colors, I have a hard enough time in the game now with many locations. This would make it much, much worse. I'm glad that others will have a more realistic setting in which to explore. I just don't want that to come at the expense of being able to play myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiannor View Post
    Seems like a problem with darker nights is that if your RL schedule only allows you to play at night server time, then you are always playing in the dark. This makes everything harder, from gathering to seeing mobs to finding quest locations. Not to mention it gets depressing eventually. Might think about making the night cycle very short, say from midnight to 3 or 4 AM server time, with the other periods being full day and the current twilight kind of darkness?
    Then play on an opposite coast server.....

- - - Updated - - -

I wish - the day/time timeframe was every 2 hours or something....instead of based off a 24 hour timeframe.

just cant wait for the incoming whining topics of "we want lighter nights again" as soon as wod drops

10+ Year Old Account
    Chris Hardwick is definitely nerd royalty, so I am okay with this.

It was months before I ever saw daytime in Wow. When I first happened to log on during the day, I was stunned, and even now if I play and it's daytime, it's like a whole other world. I kinda like the real time clock in the game, it somehow makes the game feel more real and persistent.

That being said, darker nights looks cool, but lighter nights plays better. A lot of monitors lose a ton of visibility with darks too, some are just tuned too dark, or are at the wrong angle, or are in a very bright or glare-filled room, it's a tough thing to expect everyone to have set up right.

IMO, give us a night darkness slider (or script variable if you don't want to add more UI). Or maybe there's already a gamma setting that would help somewhat.

Also, if they're going to do this, do it all way, give us torches, let our mounts breathe fire, let engineering/night vision goggles work, elves and dwarves get infravision, etc

The clock tower in Lakeshire used to be illuminated. :\

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoWR View Post
    It was months before I ever saw daytime in Wow. When I first happened to log on during the day, I was stunned, and even now if I play and it's daytime, it's like a whole other world. I kinda like the real time clock in the game, it somehow makes the game feel more real and persistent.

That being said, darker nights looks cool, but lighter nights plays better. A lot of monitors lose a ton of visibility with darks too, some are just tuned too dark, or are at the wrong angle, or are in a very bright or glare-filled room, it's a tough thing to expect everyone to have set up right.

IMO, give us a night darkness slider (or script variable if you don't want to add more UI). Or maybe there's already a gamma setting that would help somewhat.

Also, if they're going to do this, do it all way, give us torches, let our mounts breathe fire, let engineering/night vision goggles work, elves and dwarves get infravision, etc
    Exactly there is a reason there are very few games that have a proper day / night cycle because if it is too dark you can't see squat, or you are squinting so hard at the screen to see where you are it plays havoc on the eyes..

Case in point go out on a night with no moon and little to no light pollution and you will find it pretty much impossible to do anything with out the aid of a flashlight..

What they have done here is just right, it is not too dark you can't see where you are and not too light that you would think that it is daytime like it is now..

This is good news. Current night time looks weird because the terrain looks virtually the same, while sky goes darker.

I wonder if Blizzard would be open to having the game world be on it's on day/night cycle, instead of real-time. Maybe it's too late for that change though. :\

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    The Sun, the Moon, They both Rise and set in the same place! What magic is this ?
    The planet only half spins on its axis.......

I noticed that too. For some reason it is really irritating me.

Deleted
    I can only play late in the evening. Thanks Blizzard for another important reason not to buy your shit.

...and not a single fuck was given about Gaze Of The Black Prince.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why can't they just make the day-night cycle 5 hours? 5 hours light 5 hours dark rinse repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    That's because he is politely saying "SHUT THE FUCK UP AND WAIT YOU IMPATIENT SHITS!"

Seriously i dont get why this generation think things take 2 seconds to make or build and they demand it NOW NOW NOW or else the toys are going out the pram!

*Prays for a bus to hit all said people.....please!*
    I'd say it has to do with Blizzard having a ton of money and never really doing much with it. They throw money at side games more than they do WoW.

We should never be waiting 6+ months for new content at this point. I don't like games like Gw2 But jesus they have more content updates than Blizzard does and it doesn't require a sub.

Really no excuse for them to pump out content at slug speed. They're only doing it because they know enough retards will keep playing the same patch for 6+ months and let them stretch out content.

There is a difference between pumping out side content to fill the gaps and to make a xpac.

The fact that you're okay with waiting that long kinda boggles my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by lazzy View Post
    I'd say it has to do with Blizzard having a ton of money and never really doing much with it. They throw money at side games more than they do WoW.

We should never be waiting 6+ months for new content at this point. I don't like games like Gw2 But jesus they have more content updates than Blizzard does and it doesn't require a sub.

Really no excuse for them to pump out content at slug speed. They're only doing it because they know enough retards will keep playing the same patch for 6+ months and let them stretch out content.

There is a difference between pumping out side content to fill the gaps and to make a xpac.

The fact that you're okay with waiting that long kinda boggles my mind.
    So only retards plays the same content for 6 months+ aye? I have lots of left to do in MoP because I play casual and have alts, not exactly the same as being a retard. What if I called you a most likely unemployed, uncreative loser for burning out the game by playing 24/7 and instead of doing something else when you're done, you come in here to complain? That would be rather unfair, don't you think?
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    ...and not a single fuck was given about Gaze Of The Black Prince.
    I did give one; if EU will get it too. :P

Quote Originally Posted by luifervm View Post
    I don't get all the excitement for darker nights... don't get me wrong, i'm glad, but... we had this 10 years ago... Blizz is just silly sometimes... *sigh*
    Exactly my thought. The nights don't look any different from before Cataclysm was launched. When they said darker nights, I didn't expect them to just revert to the nights they had previously.

http://i.imgur.com/fxLgg3b.jpg

This is an example of a darker night. Why every night has to have a full moon is beyond me. Blizzard really needs to step it up with their sky boxes. They've gotten no better than they were in 2004 and that's sad.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    I can only play late in the evening. Thanks Blizzard for another important reason not to buy your shit.
    So because Blizz reintroduce a day / night cycle you are calling it rubbish and not buying it.. If it was something game breaking then maybe but then again seems they can't please some people..

I mean if it was really really dark then there might be something too it, but this reintroduced night cycle is hardly that dark..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LemonBabby View Post
    Exactly my thought. The nights don't look any different from before Cataclysm was launched. When they said darker nights, I didn't expect them to just revert to the nights they had previously.

http://i.imgur.com/fxLgg3b.jpg

This is an example of a darker night. Why every night has to have a full moon is beyond me. Blizzard really needs to step it up with their sky boxes. They've gotten no better than they were in 2004 and that's sad.
    Well the way this seems in the video is so that you get a sense of it being dark, but not that dark that ya can't see two feet in front of you..

What i call dark is look at the PC version of Skyrim with one of the many ENB Presets out there, some of them make the nights so dark that you really do need to have a torch because you can't see more than a foot in front of you.. While you do get a real sense that it is dark it does make it hard to play the game because of it..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2014-07-15 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    So because Blizz reintroduce a day / night cycle you are calling it rubbish and not buying it.. If it was something game breaking then maybe but then again seems they can't please some people..

I mean if it was really really dark then there might be something too it, but this reintroduced night cycle is hardly that dark..

- - - Updated - - -

Well the way this seems in the video is so that you get a sense of it being dark, but not that dark that ya can't see two feet in front of you..

What i call dark is look at the PC version of Skyrim with one of the many ENB Presets out there, some of them make the nights so dark that you really do need to have a torch because you can't see more than a foot in front of you.. While you do get a real sense that it is dark it does make it hard to play the game because of it..
    While I'd like for nights to actually be that dark, that's not what I'm asking for.

I was simply stating that just reverting nights to what they were before isn't "darker nights". The picture I posted is a perfect example of a happy medium; A night taken seriously without the outcry of not being able to see. Hell they could even add the option for adjustable nights via video settings.

Regardless of their definition of darker nights, their skyboxes are downright pathetic. If anything their skyboxes need to be reworked completely.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    why people so excited about darker night? you wont be able to see anything