Thread: Rogue Mobility

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Can do most of the above as BM, but he did say change your spec tbf.

e:

"I ONLY play bm period."

Then really you can't complain about another class because you CAN deal with it but refuse to? That's like saying you hate all melee because you want to play an Arcane Mage and spam Arcane Blast? Some specs are better at others for dealing with certain things, that's life, and you have to live with it or adapt (i.e. respec).
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2014-07-15 at 04:48 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepinch View Post
    I say im bm and you tell me to use MM skills - sounds legit
    I ONLY play bm period. and trust me when i say i use all of those cc/snares/slows/stuns

"defensive pet thingy" this made me laugh - is that the technical term?

Yes i use RoS defensively on myself
    I told you to reroll MM.
    Only played MM, never touched BM.

I already told you, I don't play hunter for more than a few days. If you don't want to reroll, that's fine. Find a BM that can teach you to play, in general it's just the same thing, you just replace those abilties with the BM only abilties. Only thing I see as a difference is you not having chimera shot? Don't think there's more..? Aimed shot maybe..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Could change your spec tbf.
    e:

"I ONLY play bm period."

Then really you can't complain about another class because you CAN deal with it but refuse to? That's like saying you hate all melee because you want to play an Arcane Mage and spam Arcane Blast? Some specs are better at others for dealing with certain things, that's life, and you have to live with it or adapt (i.e. respec).
    Told him already, but he had to make a post about it. Sorry, probably some other BM hunter here that can guide him, but thing is I played hunter for 2 days, MM. Haven't had more time.

Thank you
    Last edited by Kezotar; 2014-07-15 at 04:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    I told you to reroll MM.
    Only played MM, never touched BM.

- - - Updated - - -

Told him already, but he had to make a post about it. Sorry, probably some other BM hunter here that can guide him, but thing is I played hunter for 2 days, MM. Haven't had more time.
    Don't get my wrong i appreciate the attempt at help. Re-rolling isn't in the cards for me ( i enjoy bm way too much )

I never said i can't deal with them - How is changing to MM going to magically help? ( let me help you it's not )

I can do everything an MM can do in BM and in most cases do it better - just cause MM is the flavor of the month in pvp doesn't for one second make my bm spec any weaker or stronger than MM. We have the same tool kit. Minus a tiny heal and a silence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whenever I see these threads I translate them to this: "I just got killed over and over by a rogue... nerf!!!"

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't get my wrong i appreciate the attempt at help. Re-rolling isn't in the cards for me ( i enjoy bm way too much )

I never said i can't deal with them - How is changing to MM going to magically help? ( let me help you it's not )

I can do everything an MM can do in BM and in most cases do it better - just cause MM is the flavor of the month in pvp doesn't for one second make my bm spec any weaker or stronger than MM. We have the same tool kit. Minus a tiny heal and a silence.
    MM .. flavour of the month? Okey. I like MM because I rolled a hunter becasue I wanted to be a .. archer? Tbh, I don't care about a pet, clearly Blizzard agrees with the new talent tree for WOD:

If you enjoy it, you can try to look up videos online as I can't help you with BM.. Never tried the spec.
    Changing MM for me works, if I can do it, as a new hunter you can clearly do it much better than me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    MM .. flavour of the month? Okey. I like MM because I rolled a hunter becasue I wanted to be a .. archer? Tbh, I don't care about a pet, clearly Blizzard agrees with the new talent tree for WOD:

If you enjoy it, you can try to look up videos online as I can't help you with BM.. Never tried the spec.
    Changing MM for me works, if I can do it, as a new hunter you can clearly do it much better than me.
    Yes MM is the flavor of the month - Everyone and their mothers went MM solely because of the "burst potential" With a Casted Aimed + Aimed Proc + Chimera

Yes MM is the flavor of the month - Everyone and their mothers went MM solely because of the "burst potential" With a Casted Aimed + Aimed Proc + Chimera
    Doesnt work that way anymore, you cant steady into aimedshot into aimed proc anymore. Also reason people go mm is the blanket mostly.

Rogue mobility is insane. Rogues should not be able to Burst of Speed across the map with the flag in a matter of 20 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crruor View Post
    Doesnt work that way anymore, you cant steady into aimedshot into aimed proc anymore. Also reason people go mm is the blanket mostly.
    I'm pretty sure master marksmen is still in the marksmen toolkit so yes they can steady into an aimed.

I'm pretty sure master marksmen is still in the marksmen toolkit so yes they can steady into an aimed.
    Not talking about steady into aimed, talking about steady shot, getting the proc for instant aimed but casting aimed before steady ends so you cast aimed shot with a aimed proc up, you then aimed and aimed proc at the same time shooting two at once and follow with a chimera (which is what you seem to be refeering to with "Casted Aimed + Aimed Proc + Chimera"). That doesnt work anymore.

My stupid idea: Merge all the L60 talents into one that's baked in to all specs (Passive to make Stealth attacks teleport, activate to teleport behind the target, remove roots, and gain movement speed at the cost of a chunk of Energy) then make a new tier of L60 talents that are actual options; yeah, sure that will happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Without the mobility given to them by BoS rogues would be the single most useless melee class in the game. Outside of cooldowns they hit like wet noodles and without the ability to reset the fight by breaking snares and sprinting away they would be gibbed as soon as they popped out of stealth.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

As a rogue, I hate BoS.

But remove it and rogues will become by far the single weakest class.

Just give shadowstep a shorter cd, give back 70% crippling, remove BoS, and nerf the mobility of every other class.

The BoS - subterfuge gameplay isn't fun for the rogue or his opponent.
    Last edited by Fibh; 2014-07-15 at 08:09 PM.

Ok, to clarify, this post is not about live, but I am talking about things in Warlords.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic