Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    If this is for a communications project, can you explain what you were trying to communicate?

This video isn't funny, and I'm not sure why you thought it would be. It's a black screen with audio of some one either blowing through a straw, or using a bong. Neither of those are particularly funny. I mean, even if it is the sound of a bong rip, how is it funny? It's 2014, weed is pretty common these days, it's not really a big deal. And that's assuming that's what you were trying actually trying to convey, some kind of "Lol drugs" humour. If that's what it is, then it's literally the most boring, lowest common denominator and the most uncreative type of humour there is.

What I'm really trying to say is fuck you, OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy2er View Post
    If this is for a communications project, can you explain what you were trying to communicate?

This video isn't funny, and I'm not sure why you thought it would be. It's a black screen with audio of some one either blowing through a straw, or using a bong. Neither of those are particularly funny. I mean, even if it is the sound of a bong rip, how is it funny? It's 2014, weed is pretty common these days, it's not really a big deal. And that's assuming that's what you were trying actually trying to convey, some kind of "Lol drugs" humour. If that's what it is, then it's literally the most boring, lowest common denominator and the most uncreative type of humour there is.

What I'm really trying to say is fuck you, OP.
    Not sure how you didn't make the connection between black holes sucking things in and the sound of a straw sucking things in... It's as simple a joke as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsimp View Post
    Not sure how you didn't make the connection between black holes sucking things in and the sound of a straw sucking things in... It's as simple a joke as that.
    Is that seriously the joke? Because that isn't a joke. That's why I thought it might've been some convoluted drug thing, because that's the only way I could see it being remotely anywhere near something that could be humour.

More to the point, why are you surprised everyone thinks this is shitty? It's shitty clickbait that isn't entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy2er View Post
    Is that seriously the joke? Because that isn't a joke. That's why I thought it might've been some convoluted drug thing, because that's the only way I could see it being remotely anywhere near something that could be humour.

More to the point, why are you surprised everyone thinks this is shitty? It's shitty clickbait that isn't entertaining.
    As long as some people think it's even slightly amusing it makes it worth it. It's not supposed to be some kind of grand golden joke, its just supposed to have some one click it, smirk, and move on. That is its only purpose and if I can make anyone's day even just a smirk better then I will.

I'm not really surprised that people think its bad, because it is. It's a bad joke which is all it's meant to be.

PS. of course it's clickbait, otherwise the joke wouldn't work. Anyone who sees it should know we can't get footage from past the event horizon of a black hole, as the footage couldn't be sent back from beyond it...
    Last edited by Tsimp; 2014-07-16 at 02:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This should be illegal.

Really though, let's get NASA to send some expensive cameras into a black hole. I am legitimately curious as to what happens. :P
    Most likely the equipment is destroyed and the footage lost forever, but hey.

Deleted
    well it's black

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    This should be illegal.

Really though, let's get NASA to send some expensive cameras into a black hole. I am legitimately curious as to what happens. :P
    Most likely the equipment is destroyed and the footage lost forever, but hey.
    As others have said, a picture of a black hole would involve mapping of radiation and such. Anything that passed the event horizon would be pulled in and crushed, probably not including a slurping sound effect. (Though perhaps it should...) If you could build something that would resist getting crushed into a singularity then you still wouldn't be able to get the footage back out, as even if you used the fastest of waves to transmit the data(light), it still couldn't escape the pull of "The 'ole"...

Didn't even have the goddamned good sense to add a fucking Rick Roll. So inconsiderate.

9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

10+ Year Old Account
    6/10. Would not click again, but worth the one time. I too was expecting racial joke. The subversion of the subversion was worth the 1:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    6/10. Would not click again, but worth the one time. I too was expecting racial joke. The subversion of the subversion was worth the 1:40.
    Thanks for the feedback! 6/10 is fine with me! Look, Mom, I'm average!

Gotta love how the government can give billions to NASA for these projects but can't afford to be a damn flashlight on the thing.

To be honest, I expected more from the thread/title :S

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Seriously I thought "black hole" was going to be a clever title for a really fat chick having sex. Oh well.
    ^^^^^^ LOL

My first thought was "how would that even work? Black holes pull in light and don't emit any!" So at least I saw this coming.

Also is that a distorted audio of someone blowing bubbles in a drink with a straw?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    My first thought was "how would that even work? Black holes pull in light and don't emit any!" So at least I saw this coming.

Also is that a distorted audio of someone blowing bubbles in a drink with a straw?
    It was, in fact, slurping-normal2.mp3.