Thread: Pro and cons

Deleted

Red face Pro and cons

Hello
    New MMO-user here.

I was wondering if i can get some ontopic opinions regarding one of my concerns.
    I really have no idea what class to instant level to 90 when WoD will be out.

My choices are Priest, Mage, or a Rogue, however i must choose only one.
    I am mostly a PvP player 1800 (only) rated. I manage to play all of those classes at an average level, not excelling that much at any of them.

I know the most upsides and downsides of any of those classes but would like to hear you opinions on that matter aswell. I mention that unfortunately i have not been paying attention to any recent updates to any of the classes mentioned above and i have not took part in the metagame MoP brought to PvP.

Will greatly appreciate any ontopic reply or question
    Thank you

Go mage or rogue.

Deleted
    currently mage is the destroyer of asses out of those choices.

Deleted
    I have not played MoP at all.
    Can you point out some of the advantages the above mentioned classes got?
    afaik Rogue's BoS is a bit too good also

10+ Year Old Account
    Mage for the win!

Deleted
    Mage is the best in the past, present and most likely in the future too.

Mage is the correct answer to this. Nothing else!

Deleted
    First of all,welcome to MMO-Champion.

On topic,either Mage or Rogue.

Deleted
    Thank you kind, sir.

I notice that a lot of people vote for the Mage. I need some reasons for it though.
    I personally think that Mage has better arena control but lower peeling capabilities than rogue.
    I am not really updated with the current WoD class changes tho. I might be wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mid23 View Post
    Thank you kind, sir.

I notice that a lot of people vote for the Mage. I need some reasons for it though.
    I personally think that Mage has better arena control but lower peeling capabilities than rogue.
    I am not really updated with the current WoD class changes tho. I might be wrong.
    Mage because they have insane on demand damage, on demand CC and on demand survivability/utility.
    They also have great synergy with other classes so you can play alot of great comps like RMP, RMD, WMD and last but not least; God Comp (shatter).

Do you need anymore reasons than that?

Deleted
    Watched some pro players stream.
    Mage's on demand burst, is way better and easier than rogue's which requires energy management.
    However Rogue's mobility is a bit better.
    Anyway the balance favorizes the mage heavily.
    Any other rogue upsides? Or some other opinions

Deleted
    Dude, I will be the mage. FU :*

Personally I enjoy ranged more then Melee but that's me. Out of your choices I would say a mage but a priest also has the healing specs if you are into that so

Mage if you dont like to heal
    Priest if you might want to

I would also recommend getting them to level 60 before boosting them. The reason for this is at level 60 you get any 2 professions you want and after the boost they are put up to 600. For some professions this is amazing and IMO saves time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mage has always had a top notch spec, but you can only play a ranged caster.
    Shadow Priests have been week and have been OP, but you can also play healer of which one is typically viable.
    Rogue is incredibly fun, they are typically in a good spot (bar some exceptions), but it takes a lot of 'getting used to' the playstyle, and you are limited to melee.

You can't go wrong with either.

Quote Originally Posted by mid23 View Post
    Hello
    New MMO-user here.

I was wondering if i can get some ontopic opinions regarding one of my concerns.
    I really have no idea what class to instant level to 90 when WoD will be out.

My choices are Priest, Mage, or a Rogue, however i must choose only one.
    I am mostly a PvP player 1800 (only) rated. I manage to play all of those classes at an average level, not excelling that much at any of them.

I know the most upsides and downsides of any of those classes but would like to hear you opinions on that matter aswell. I mention that unfortunately i have not been paying attention to any recent updates to any of the classes mentioned above and i have not took part in the metagame MoP brought to PvP.

Will greatly appreciate any ontopic reply or question
    Thank you
    Rogue is, to me at least, a better BGer than Arenaer. If you prefer to spend your days in the BGs, Rogue is the god of BGs. Bringing excelent burst, the all empowering stealth, great scouting abilities, ninja-capping monsters, and one of the most potent CC classes in the game. In RBGs, you'd be a fool to not bring at least 1 rogue.

Priests work, always. There's no 2s team that doesn't do well with a priest that would work. Shadow is incredibly potent, but has a build-up to being able to burst(~20 seconds on average). Shadow brings great off-heals, mass dispel, along with a myraid of other boons to your group. For 3s, Shadow is one of my favorite casters. Healing priests work well with melees, especially that can peel. One of the most CC heavy healers, Priests are great for damage+healer 2s. Both of these have a fairly high skill cap and can be easy to completely fuck yourself if played improperly. If you're looking for a high risk high reward class, Priest is where you want to go.

Mages...are mages. Low skill floor(requirement to reach a decent level), has a ton of CC, The bane of every melee player ever. Frost is boring, Fire is RNG, and Arcane is RBG only, basically. Don't like playing, don't like playing against, just..don't like.

Deleted
    I don't think "what should I play" threads are allowed.

rogue is the most difficult out of those 3

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    I don't think "what should I play" threads are allowed.
    They're not - which is a silly rule, to be honest. Before this thread gets locked: while I actually find rogue & mage more fun than priest, I'd go priest if you only have one toon you can play simply because you have the use of 2 healing specs if you need them.