Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How long before the game is released do they usually release the cinematic?

Does anyone know? Has there been any word on it? I haven't been following much Warcraft news lately.

2-3 months.

The only "hard date" you can hope for is August14-16. Gamescon. If Blizzard goes, it would be the only thing new they could show off that you can't already see by just googling a product name.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WanderingBreezes View Post
    The only "hard date" you can hope for is August14-16. Gamescon. If Blizzard goes, it would be the only thing new they could show off that you can't already see by just googling a product name.
    I pray you are right. I wanna see that cinematic so badly

I'm killing for the cinematic and the game! I want to hear a release date already!

I'm so excited for the lore in cinematic, I already know the quality will be as good as ever
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Gamescon might be too early, I'd put my bet on Blizzcon. (November 7.)

Quote Originally Posted by Aproydtix View Post
    Gamescon might be too early, I'd put my bet on Blizzcon. (November 7.)
    So expansion release 2015?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Almost assuredly they'll do cinematic during Gamescon. (They did it last time I believe)

As there are only so many large events where they can show it off, its a poor judge of actually predicting anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

I always try to dodge the cinematics. First and last time I watch the opening cini is when I first install and run the game. I like it that way; something to look forward to before the rush to the next level cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    So expansion release 2015?
    I'm guessing around Christmas, or very early 2015.

Warlords of Draenor is already confirmed to be released by December 20, 2014. They're shooting for earlier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aproydtix View Post
    I'm guessing around Christmas, or very early 2015.
    Yep. Building 7 zones is definitely an 18 month job for a billion-dollar company, and providing no new classes or races while ripping stuff out of the game clearly requires vast amounts of tuning and careful attention to detail. Sounds about right to me.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope it's at Gamescom, which is in like less than a month. But I really have my doubts.

I'm actually taking it back, with all zones suddenly released like this, and working, and with Tanaan being post-launch, it will not surprise me if we got WoD out sooner, and perhaps the cinematic at Gamescon.

According to Cataclysm and MoP's trailers/launch, 1.5 month, more or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Imotbh View Post
    According to Cataclysm and MoP's trailers/launch, 1.5 month, more or less.
    Sounds about right, cinematic and 6.0 PTR in August, 6.0 in September, expansion in October.

Im expecting an October release.

The expansion is virtually complete bar raids and tuning. All zones, quests, dungeons, etc are playable and seem absolutely fine.

They just have tuning for end game content and classes left and whilst most work on raids is done at least a behind the scenes, they're probably polishing off a few last bosses.

That sorta stuff doesn't take any more than 2 and a half months to put out.

Likely be released at gamescon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WanderingBreezes View Post
    Looks like you nailed that one, Nostradamus.

Signature and Avatar masterfully crafted by Eruionmel