Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibis View Post
    What are your bad habits in WoW?

Mine is jumping & keyboard turning. In fights I of course strafe & turn/steer with my mouse, but if I'm e.g. configuring my addons I notice that I am constantly jumping and turning in the background. It's really subconscious and I don't even notice it while I'm doign other things, but if I was watching someone else do that I would get motion sickness or something Only having to type something stops that (if only there was a way to do that while typing!). Sometimes I don't just jump & turn, but also run around while jumping and turning! Also random people might start whispering about gear or "hai u wona come uldar" so it would've been better to stand still to be able to pretend I'm AFK. I don't like attention, so when I was in an Ordos leftover group in another server (yet again configuring raid frames) I just fled the group back to my server to avoid people asking about my ilvl (which isn't even that high, it's only regular heroic mixed with a couple of normal items, so what gives?).

I've tried to unbind turning but it just feels so wrong not being able to do that! And also I do actually use keyboard turning when I'm autorunning (wipes etc) and I'm e.g. drinking with my mouse hand.

Also I always constantly jump while running/moving, which sometimes wastes the beginning of speed boosts. I'm pretty sure the game also would register my location better if I wasn't jumping into a priest barrier etc, but I just can't help myself.
    I keep reapplying my buffs to their max duration. OCD for teh losez.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forgot my biggest and baddest WoW habit..

4.: Alt levelling, too many alts..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    I almost never update my addons, unless they stop working completely. Shocked a friend during WotLK with my ancient version of Grid that somehow kept doing its job

10+ Year Old Account
    I...

I keyboard turn. /shame face.

My only defense is I run on a laptop with no desk, so I have no place for an external mouse with a laptop on my lap. Yes, I use a touchpad, and yes I'm an awful person. I've done this since mid BC...I'm actually mouse retarded.

my main is a druid, so I die often on alts because I jump off stuff and then hit my mount button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im an altoholic. I created WAY too many alts back when i started out in Vanilla. Then i mellowed out in TBC, spiked a bit in WotLK with DKs and creating 2 or 3 of my eventual 90s. Came Cata, sort of kept making alts. MoP, no alts because fuck dat Pandaria grind. Discovered the baby silkworms on T.I. and started grinding up my lvl85+'s. Now after a long break, ive started up some new toons on my friends pvp server. Oh god, the alts! THE ALTS!!
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have any macros or keybinds. Like, none.
    But I still beat everyone in dps in my raid, ahahah!

my main bad habit is being mean to unerperforming people

i dont mind somebody being new to game and asking question trying to get better

i hate peopel who claim that they are experience or geared and then doing numebrs in 570 gear which coudl be done in 540 or people claiming experience and failing to simplest mechanics

if i see somebody liek that he gets instant kick from my groups

i udnerstand that somebody coudl have weaker but still he gonan get instant kick

other thing which makes me rage in game are people not listening to what rls call out - like using def cds and stuff makes me really pissed of and rage
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2014-07-20 at 11:35 AM.

I press my buttons far more often then the ability is available. I have Jab on 1 for example, and my entire raid I'm just sat there smashing 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1 ...

I don't know why, I could easily just wait for it to come up when available and press it and still get the maximum use out of it, but I just like spamming my buttons. Keeps my fingers busy I guess.

Playing the anal game in trade.

If someone is being an asshole in a PUG and I start a votekick, I always type in something really mean as the reason like "holocaust denier".

1: After spending 4-5 years as a raid leader I often forget i'm not one anymore and start losing it over voice chat with repeat offenders causing wipes.

2: I let random stupid comments from people in 5 mans get to me...even though they are not directed at me it just pains me that people who know so little about the game voice their opinion as fact and often try to kick people on illogical nonsense.

3: Not sure it's a bad habitat but I often ignore / give the cold shoulder to females as every guild I've been has had stupid amounts of guild drama caused at some point by females when something hasn't gone their way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another bad one: I mostly play melee classes, so when we are waiting on a pull (be it in a 5 man, LFR, or PUG) I usually right click the boss so I'm in my battle stance thingo.
    This carries over to my hunter, for some stupid reason. So, you can probably guess what happens and how bad I feel when I do this on my hunter.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

I'm a clicker, keyboard turner, and have no confidence I know how to play any of my classes. (I'm actually not too bad, but usually when it comes down to the nitty gritty I realize I'm a bit shitty). I jump a lot, wander aimlessly (on foot or flying), refresh DoTs and tiger palm too early. I also never want to play windwalker ever, so I have my brewmaster stats reforged to increase my DPS (crit strike and haste) instead of tanking (which I think is mastery)

I'm a keyboard turning offender aswell, but it's hard not to when you have to hover over raid frames to heal the raid while running.

I have a tendency to bail on groups when I get tired of them like if we're wiping a lot even when it's a same realm pug. I also guild hop like there's no tomorrow until I find a guild that's "just right".

Deleted
    Logging in this morning.

Deleted
    i spam the shit out of my buttons even though abilities aren't ready

Cant leave any loot, doesnt matter what it is.

During raid encounters I tend to move/fidget a lot. I don't know why but I hate just standing still. I remember frustrating some fellow raid members in some encounters, like the first boss in H MSV when you got that link with another player and had to group up. I'm melee so if I got a ranged person I'd always be fidgeting and would annoy my fellow linked person. Obviously if I have to absolutely stand still or it's a raid wipe I manage(e.g. that one Shade of Aran ability in Kara, or that one boss in Heart of Fear with the wind bomb thingies)but otherwise I'm just a constant fidgeter. It's not the worst habit I guess since it keeps me on my toes and am able to dodge things faster/better being that I'm always on the move.