View Poll Results: Grom's personality will be ruined?

Voters
181. This poll is closed
  • Yes, totally from what we already know

40 22.10%
  • Not sure, anything can happen, not big hopes

53 29.28%
  • No, somehow things will be eventually fine canon wise

12 6.63%
  • No, everything makes total sense

76 41.99%
Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

POLL Jaina's personality from WIII was ruined, Grom Hellscream will be ruined too?

Don't you think Grommash legend is gonna be severely damaged by Warlords of Draenor? He is tha Hero, the redeemed one, really Blizzard why you contradict Warcraft III so much? I can totally understand people leaving the ship. What do you think? I am quite sure but let's see what's your opinion...

Grom was a genocidal douchebag and he'll be a genocidal douchebag in WoD. I don't think you'll have to worry about Blizzard keeping him consistent.

Frankly one cinematic of redemption doesn't make up for a lifetime of being a bonehead.

I kind of like seeing him as a villain again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Frankly one cinematic of redemption doesn't make up for a lifetime of being a bonehead.

I kind of like seeing him as a villain again.
    I see a duality in him, something I don't see in Garrosh, Garrosh seems too shortsighted, also one would think he would know from his father example but it's good to hear opposed opinions

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Grom was a genocidal douchebag and he'll be a genocidal douchebag in WoD. I don't think you'll have to worry about Blizzard keeping him consistent.
    Maybe but he seemed to listen to Thrall advice, even reluctantly

Maybe but he seemed to listen to Thrall advice, even reluctantly
    Starts fights with the Humans even when Thrall tells him not to.
    Pisses off the Elves by cutting their forests down and, instead of talking it out, drinks demon blood to kill their demigod.
    Tells Thrall he's weak and he's ganna kill him.

Yup.

Deleted
    Garrosh I don't think was hugely popular so I doubt they will turn him into Garrosh 2.0. But then again we have Tauren paladins so anything can happen.

I don't care about Grom, coz it's another orc from new timeline who will express new events, which will change him
    but I agree about Jaina, and I fucking hate them so much for making her crazy bitch that lots ppl want her to be dead, from a sexy girl

You have long since already decided that no matter how Grom is portrayed he will be ruined.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Garrosh I don't think was hugely popular so I doubt they will turn him into Garrosh 2.0. But then again we have Tauren paladins so anything can happen.
    Um, Grom is the original Garrosh. They're very similar.

This Grom isn't the Grom you knew. This is when he was young, and still undefeated. Before he saw two wars with the Humans (and allies). Before he saw what the Orcs had become after their defeat and internment. Before he realised that they were all tools of Guldan and his Warlocks.

So this Grom? He's arrogant. He's aggressive. He's sure of himself and bows to no-one. He has no qualms or doubts, no perspective on how bad things can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Um, Grom is the original Garrosh. They're very similar.
    Grom is Garrosh's father. Unless you call your dad the original you. Which would be amusing and I would approve.

Deleted
    Will Blizzard ruin Grom? Well, he was an egocentric, genocidal maniac and from what I've seen they're portraying him pretty well. The only way they could ruin him is if they turned him into a "make love not warcraft" pacifist (which would actually be pretty funny).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalimonde View Post
    Don't you think Grommash legend is gonna be severely damaged by Warlords of Draenor? He is tha Hero, the redeemed one, really Blizzard why you contradict Warcraft III so much? I can totally understand people leaving the ship. What do you think? I am quite sure but let's see what's your opinion...
    Yep, jumped ship due to the defacing of more Horde heroes. The bullshit changes to my favorite class just solidify that decision. Still check forums and updates though, since work can be boring and I hope they change it so we can kill Alliance "heroes" for once.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    So this Grom? He's arrogant. He's aggressive. He's sure of himself and bows to no-one. He has no qualms or doubts, no perspective on how bad things can get.
    All aspects I love about our heroes. In as much as I've never played an orc past level 28ish, I've always loved this aspect about Orcs. Some of the wiser ones know (Thrall, Varok etc), but they also know that sometimes the young ones have to learn through defeat... and only hope it isn't a life ending one, which is craved be all sparta, i mean Orcs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grom wasn't exactly a prime example of a good guy for as far as we know him. He was, like most of the Orcish Horde during its foundation on Draenor, a mass-murderer. Gorehowl has seen a loooot of Draenei blood. You see the path from the Dark Portal to Hellfire Citadel? You're -walking- on a whole road of Draenei bones. The ghosts outside of the Black Temple? Teron Gorefiend's doing. Every Orc that fought the Draenei on Draenor and then the Alliance in the 1st and 2nd war has a large amount of blood on their hands.

What we see on Warlords of Draenor is that Grom Hellscream. Albeit without the Blood Pact this time to power him up. Not the redeemed "hero" of the Horde.

-Credit to Mythriz for the signature and avatar!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord Booty View Post
    Yep, jumped ship due to the defacing of more Horde heroes. The bullshit changes to my favorite class just solidify that decision. Still check forums and updates though, since work can be boring and I hope they change it so we can kill Alliance "heroes" for once.
    You're going to have to wait a while longer. Blizz writing goes: Alliance heroes go neutral and Horde ones go evil. Such writing, much interesting.

Deleted
    Character that do not change or grow are boring characters, and Pre-MoP Jaine was very very boring. While you may / or may not agree with the change is one thing, but at least she is interesting again.

Cant say i care or that it matters. Besides, we get time travel

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    You have long since already decided that no matter how Grom is portrayed he will be ruined.
    Actually yes, come on, this is reviving people, Imagine i revive you after your death, would you be the same person? how can you be sure? technically you are a new spark

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    I don't care about Grom, coz it's another orc from new timeline who will express new events, which will change him
    but I agree about Jaina, and I fucking hate them so much for making her crazy bitch that lots ppl want her to be dead, from a sexy girl
    So sad, i miss the old Jaina

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord Booty View Post

- - - Updated - - -

All aspects I love about our heroes. In as much as I've never played an orc past level 28ish, I've always loved this aspect about Orcs. Some of the wiser ones know (Thrall, Varok etc), but they also know that sometimes the young ones have to learn through defeat... and only hope it isn't a life ending one, which is craved be all sparta, i mean Orcs.
    Yep, same feeling here, pretty unbalanced now, two expansions, two, come on. I am also worried about Guldan and the almighty Nerzhul.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Number Eighteen View Post
    Grom wasn't exactly a prime example of a good guy for as far as we know him. He was, like most of the Orcish Horde during its foundation on Draenor, a mass-murderer. Gorehowl has seen a loooot of Draenei blood. You see the path from the Dark Portal to Hellfire Citadel? You're -walking- on a whole road of Draenei bones. The ghosts outside of the Black Temple? Teron Gorefiend's doing. Every Orc that fought the Draenei on Draenor and then the Alliance in the 1st and 2nd war has a large amount of blood on their hands.

What we see on Warlords of Draenor is that Grom Hellscream. Albeit without the Blood Pact this time to power him up. Not the redeemed "hero" of the Horde.
    You are right, so more distaste to desecrate such glorious end

Actually yes, come on, this is reviving people, Imagine i revive you after your death, would you be the same person? how can you be sure? technically you are a new spark
    This isn't reviving people, though. This dying on Friday and someone going back in time to Sunday and saying "Hey, let's hang out."

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Grom is ready to crack heads, just like he was when the horde was first formed, he redeemed himself for his own reasons, not for the orcs, he just wanted to be free of mannoroth.
    So he's still a genocidal asshole, as usual. His personality in WoD is fine.

Though I admit, they did fuck up Jaina, I know she's been through a lot but her MoP personality is down right unreasonable.